Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Raged posted:

Stupid newbie question. Should I be running the first labyrinth every day? Does is drop worthwhile items now that I am 47?

No. The ascendancy class points is what you want from the early labyrinths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah they still are some of the rarest and most expensive things around. As for turning it into currency you can actually use - sell it? It's about 90 exalts on hardcore, and 65 on softcore harbinger league.

Well I guess the stupid question is: how do I go about finding someone who will actually buy it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

door.jar posted:

Well I guess the stupid question is: how do I go about finding someone who will actually buy it?
Put it up for sale in a public stash?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Don't let anybody trick you, either. That mirror is worth an obscene amount of exalts and you should only take exalts for it. Don't accept items for it with the exception of maybe a Headhunter (and at this point, it would likely be a Headhunter + 10ex) and don't accept pocket change equivalent currencies. Cold hard exalts.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So I decided to give up on my silly regen Dark Pacter now that I'm doing yellow maps because it's Just Not Viable any longer and respec to Vaal Pact zerker instead. Are people preferring Cloaked in Savagery or War Bringer for the final ascendancy point? War Bringer looks really nice as just a hybrid flask on steroids (especially with MoM and all) but I don't currently actually have a socket to fit in any of the War Cries. I'd have to get an unset ring or something. Cloaked doesn't look as generally useful, but it's also just a nice passive boost I don't have to worry about maintaining, that should really help on bosses. What's the general preference?

It's gonna be kinda painful playing without a movement skill though, even if Leap Slam was slow as gently caress anyway. At least I can toss in a Quicksilver for mapping. Also, I kinda don't see a way of playing without using Orb of Storms to apply Warlord's Mark (blasphemy seems a bit unreliable with the short range and also it makes MoM worse), and maintaining Orb + Wither Totem on bosses is gonna be such a pain. Oh well.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can I get a guild invite for Hail_of_toothpicks please?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insurrectionist posted:

So I decided to give up on my silly regen Dark Pacter now that I'm doing yellow maps because it's Just Not Viable any longer and respec to Vaal Pact zerker instead. Are people preferring Cloaked in Savagery or War Bringer for the final ascendancy point? War Bringer looks really nice as just a hybrid flask on steroids (especially with MoM and all) but I don't currently actually have a socket to fit in any of the War Cries.

what

you go zerker mainly for cloaked in savagery, any other ascendency could give you dps (get a cast when damage taken Firestorm&Vortex to instantly get back to full health)

I feel like the people dissing zerkers dont realize how stupid easy it is to do bosses way above your paygrade, just because of that one node

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what

you go zerker mainly for cloaked in savagery, any other ascendency could give you dps (get a cast when damage taken Firestorm&Vortex to instantly get back to full health)

I feel like the people dissing zerkers dont realize how stupid easy it is to do bosses way above your paygrade, just because of that one node

I haven't played a zerker (or indeed Marauder) before so no idea how often you end up taking Savage Hits or anything, and I've also mostly played non-leech stuff (WI guardian with regen focus, ED Trickster, etc). Makes for an easy choice then.

E: Wow savage hit is just taking 15% of your health in one blow? I figured it'd have to be at least like 40%, that's nuts.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I will say that the normal and cruel labyrinths give really good loot now for how fast and easy they are now, the guy getting a mirror from cruel lab is definitely on the top end of labyrinth loot, but on the lower end you still get lots of currency and rare jewels that could potentially be worth a lot with 3+ mods that work together.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is it possible to dismiss the gem level up thing? I keep unthinkingly levelling things I didn't really want to.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Deformed Church posted:

Is it possible to dismiss the gem level up thing? I keep unthinkingly levelling things I didn't really want to.

Right click the plus button.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
so today I picked up Cloaked in Savagery on my vaal pact berserker. never played a berserker before

what the heck, this is broken. so, what, with some %dr/%pdr and stun resistance (thanks, briney!) I can just faceroll content? is that it? Is there some trick I'm not seeing?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Stupid question. I have a Violent Dead jewel. The wording is 'with X intelligence in range, zombie slam attack does more damage, and has increased cooldown recovery speed'. The wording of that last part....I can't tell whether it's slower or faster. Because ofthis, I ain't placed it yet.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 12, 2017

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ronya posted:

so today I picked up Cloaked in Savagery on my vaal pact berserker. never played a berserker before

what the heck, this is broken. so, what, with some %dr/%pdr and stun resistance (thanks, briney!) I can just faceroll content? is that it? Is there some trick I'm not seeing?

Nope it's exactly what you think. If something can't one shot you, then it can't kill you. Unless you let go of attack of course.
Ziggyd's latest video is him doing uber lab and Izaro is hitting him for 90% with every attack.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Why are Ancient Shards 4C? Do people really just have that much wealth already that they're willing to just gamble away even at that price?

I feel like such a pleb, though I bought a 15C Taryn's Shiver and have crafted it into a ~50C one completely unaware of how valuable it is. But even still I feel like a pleb...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bloodly posted:

Stupid question. I have a Violent Dead jewel. The wording is 'with X intelligence in range, zombie slam attack does more damage, and has increased cooldown recovery speed'. The wording of that last part....I can't tell whether it's slower or faster. Because ofthis, I ain't placed it yet.

It makes them slam faster. if zombies are your primary or secondary damage source, get 2 and slot them immediately.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sab669 posted:

Why are Ancient Shards 4C? Do people really just have that much wealth already that they're willing to just gamble away even at that price?

I feel like such a pleb, though I bought a 15C Taryn's Shiver and have crafted it into a ~50C one completely unaware of how valuable it is. But even still I feel like a pleb...

See also: reliquary keys last league. People like gambling.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

gonadic io posted:

Nope it's exactly what you think. If something can't one shot you, then it can't kill you. Unless you let go of attack of course.
Ziggyd's latest video is him doing uber lab and Izaro is hitting him for 90% with every attack.

well now that I know this

how to best abuse this mechanic, hmm. need tons of EHP. dodge is actually not ideal in this context - better to stack %dr like arctic armour, enfeeble, lightning coil?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

ronya posted:

well now that I know this

how to best abuse this mechanic, hmm. need tons of EHP. dodge is actually not ideal in this context - better to stack %dr like arctic armour, enfeeble, lightning coil?

I haven't looked at ziggyds gear but in the video he had like 200 armour and was running blood magic

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ronya posted:

In the same boat as you, screw having to kite or manage large groups or worry about being worn down by tons of small attacks at all once, just have your health jump from 1% to 100% every nanosecond.

I feel it's by far the strongest ascendancy point in the game and it's the same class that has a 40% more damage node.

It turns the game into what D3 was before it's expansion that removed lifesteal because if anything didn't 1 shot you your health would just jump from 1% to 100%.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 12, 2017

modernlifeisadam
Dec 29, 2006
it's lame GC is objectively the best elemental skill now in every way, as it can double/triple/quad dip since it's pure phys now, converting to elemental. GC miner has nearly broke the game for me, easily the most op build since CoC fuckery. other options are dark pact zerker like everyone else.. anyone have suggestions? i've basically played everything to 80+ trying to think of something unique-ish to do (I started as ele trapper, GC mines just happened, mainly due to the fact theyre objectively the best choice for that niche/probably largely in a aoe perspective rn :haw:)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Me and my boyfriend finally finished act 10 and neither of us actually died once to the final boss. We were hella surprised given all the poo poo we'd heard about it. Me zombies were MVP with my new shiny Mon'tregul's Grasp. They tanked that poo poo like champs.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Trying to figure out a ~max block necromancer running... frost blades?? with crown of eyes?? could be spec throw too, I guess, but the single target is bad enough. Any suggestions on improvements? I have to trim 10 points, and also I'm open to other skills, such as: switch it to a fukken wander

http://poeurl.com/brSv <--tree or pastebin --> https://pastebin.com/i4yW0BP0

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
So here's kind of a headscratcher. There apparently exists a prophecy called Trash to Treasure (turn an item into a unique with a single orb of chance). It's not priced on poe.ninja and there are zero of them on poe.trade either in League or Standard. Is this like the single most rare item in the game or wtf is the deal? I mean, there are even several Mirrors for sale, but this prophecy is a goddamn ghost.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There are a couple prophecies like that that are balls to the wall rare. There's a good chance that prophecy is almost always used immediately on either sorcerer boots or leather belts, simply because it's a straight up 50/50 to get a super good unique out of it

E; now that I think about it, whenever you use an item/prophecy that guarantees a unique item drop, if you were to use it on a leather belt, will headhunter only ever come from a nemesis league map? Like if you use an ancient orb, will it try to roll regardless of what league you're in, or does it have to be done in a nemesis zone even then?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Trash to Treasure is a guaranteed Skyforth unless you're careless enough to roll it in a map with the Warbands mod - hence its rarity. There's no other meaningful use of the prophecy afaik. So there's no reason to spend the coins to seal it for sale - just turn it into Skyforth and sell that.

ronya fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 12, 2017

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Still looking for a guild invite please. I'm olQWERTYbastard or Mazeltov_Cocktail.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dead in real life posted:

So here's kind of a headscratcher. There apparently exists a prophecy called Trash to Treasure (turn an item into a unique with a single orb of chance). It's not priced on poe.ninja and there are zero of them on poe.trade either in League or Standard. Is this like the single most rare item in the game or wtf is the deal? I mean, there are even several Mirrors for sale, but this prophecy is a goddamn ghost.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skyforth

Just use a chance on some sorc boots and sell these.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ronya posted:

Trash to Treasure is a guaranteed Skyforth unless you're careless enough to roll it in a map with the Warbands mod - hence its rarity. There's no other meaningful use of the prophecy afaik. So there's no reason to spend the coins to seal it for sale - just turn it into Skyforth and sell that.

Didn't know the other sorcerer boot was warbands only, good to know

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So you chance everything that loot filters tell to chance?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Valle posted:

Were these drops by any chance from strongboxes? There's a unique one that is guranateed to drop a Kaom's item. As for sockets, it's ilevel 50+ for 6 sockets, unless you get a strongbox with "Contained Items have +X additional sockets".

IIRC from regular mobs. One in the library, the other in the battlefront.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Zotix posted:

So you chance everything that loot filters tell to chance?

Sorcerer Boots generally, Leather Belts only in a map with nemesis mod. Everything else is extremely powerful but don't have nearly the value of Skyforth/Headhunter.

This economy/meta is a lot different than last league so Glorious Plates are an okay choice too, but the only super valuable Hearts are vaal'd to give +max res. I'd guess people will start to mess with low life/CI builds in a few weeks, and Skyforth will gain a lot of value then. Headhunters will probably be near-mirror tier value in this league since nemesis won't be quite as readily available.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget you can chance shavs off of occultist vestments

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Okay I'm pretty confused by the a10 Kitava fight. Is it not supposed to be soloed, or are you supposed to grind levels and end-game gear before doing it? I just did it immediately upon reaching it, at lvl 66, and must've died something like 30 times, most of them instagibs. And I have capped resistances (except chaos at 0%) and every life% node within reasonable distance. Having an epic final fight is fine but that was pretty dumb.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Double Bill posted:

Okay I'm pretty confused by the a10 Kitava fight. Is it not supposed to be soloed, or are you supposed to grind levels and end-game gear before doing it? I just did it immediately upon reaching it, at lvl 66, and must've died something like 30 times, most of them instagibs. And I have capped resistances (except chaos at 0%) and every life% node within reasonable distance. Having an epic final fight is fine but that was pretty dumb.

How much HP do you have?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
hey this aint the ti thread

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Minrad posted:

hey this aint the ti thread

China seems to be staying put

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Did liquid win

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Double Bill posted:

What's your HP at, and what build are you playing? It was a fairly easy and rather boring fight for me personally, going into it without any grinding whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What's your HP at, and what build are you playing? It was a fairly easy and rather boring fight for me personally, going into it without any grinding whatsoever.

Frost blades Shadow, with about 3k and 48% evasion.