Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

then why oh why are liverpool fans saying its too low?

Because it is? It doesn't matter if it's £100m or 8 Schrute bucks, the market is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

the numbers are completely meaningless and also here is 5000 words on why the meaningless number is too low

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

the numbers are completely meaningless and also here is 5000 words on why the meaningless number is too low

Is this a bit?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pay 100m for VVD. Dont care anymore.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Byolante posted:

Marko Arnautovich is at least as good as coutinho and he went for like 20m

according to this here fella Coutinho is the worst loving player to have worn a Liverpool shirt

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Replace Coutinho with Tom Cleverley IMO.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:troll: thank you OriginalTrollFootball

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

100m is the new 40m

Or something

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Yes let's give a 29 year old a 5 year contract and pay 40m for him. Gg Barca

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
One who was extremely average at best for Tottenham

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Coming from China

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Marseille has signed Jordan Amavi on loan with an 8M option to buy at the end of the season - if he stays fit that's a hell of a signing imo considering Marseille's other left-backs are Patrice Evra and a perma-crocked 33-year-old Henri Bedimo

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

paddyboat posted:

Coming from China

Hasn't he had a resurgence with the Brazil national team?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Yeah I remember wondering why he was so poo poo for Spurs. Playing next to Willian and Coutinho probably helps

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Reminder that the season has now started and Arsenal have 3 players from their starting XI in the least season of their contracts. It's going to be weird as hell when January comes around and they've all signed contracts elsewhere.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Reminder that the season has now started and Arsenal have 3 players from their starting XI in the least season of their contracts. It's going to be weird as hell when January comes around and they've all signed contracts elsewhere.

Sanchez, Ozil, ...?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

PirateBob posted:

Sanchez, Ozil, ...?

The Ox

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The only guy who will be missed is Sanchez

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
@mohamedbouhafsi
#Tottenham bid for Anthony #Martial, bid rejected by Man United. #MUFC

#MUFC have also rejected a loan offer with an option to buy for #Martial from Inter Milan.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Offer Dele Alli in return or gently caress right off.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PirateBob posted:

@mohamedbouhafsi

#MUFC have also rejected a loan offer with an option to buy for #Martial from Inter Milan.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Offer Dele Alli in return or gently caress right off.

Why would Alli want to step down a level?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

PirateBob posted:

@mohamedbouhafsi

I think Dele Alli would resent being underrated this way.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
We've come to the point where Spurs are actually bidding for our players. Will Moyes collateral damage ever stop? Just the marketing point of view alone is a serious problem for us when this hits the press all around the world. We should never ever be on the receiving end of a negotiation with a club like that. Spurs should NEVER and WILL NEVER get to buy a player we use in our first squad. I don't give a poo poo what they offer us - just turn it down. Only MEGA CLUBS and MEGA BIDS should get in touch with our fax machine. How did they even get in contact with us in the first place? And we're all pretty pissed with Levy and his way of going about business. He's got the guts to contact us after nightmare transfers like Berbatov and a lot of cocky replies on gentlemanly bids on their players. Btw, I'm sure the rest of his squad is pretty pissed with his North Korean style of rewarding amazing prospects and loyal guys who wants to take the next step in their career.

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is. And going by rumors he's even cocky against clubs like Real Madrid. It's one thing holding on to your players and protecting your club against bigger clubs; but being a stubborn idiot who demands astronomical money for his players while at the same time showing appreciation for these very players by paying them peanuts as compensation for their services and not thinking twice about riding high on the players image rights/endorsement YOU NAME IT.

You want Martial?? WE will let you know when you can have Martial. WE will make the call on that the day we decide if he's good enough to play for us or not. It will not be down to your dirty money. €20m, €40m, €300m - it makes no difference. Change the number or block them out. Kane and Dele can go wherever they want, I don't want us to do more business with Spurs. Goodbye.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Are these copy pastes or not?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the pick up artist approach to football

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

PirateBob posted:

We've come to the point where Spurs are actually bidding for our players. Will Moyes collateral damage ever stop? Just the marketing point of view alone is a serious problem for us when this hits the press all around the world. We should never ever be on the receiving end of a negotiation with a club like that. Spurs should NEVER and WILL NEVER get to buy a player we use in our first squad. I don't give a poo poo what they offer us - just turn it down. Only MEGA CLUBS and MEGA BIDS should get in touch with our fax machine. How did they even get in contact with us in the first place? And we're all pretty pissed with Levy and his way of going about business. He's got the guts to contact us after nightmare transfers like Berbatov and a lot of cocky replies on gentlemanly bids on their players. Btw, I'm sure the rest of his squad is pretty pissed with his North Korean style of rewarding amazing prospects and loyal guys who wants to take the next step in their career.

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is. And going by rumors he's even cocky against clubs like Real Madrid. It's one thing holding on to your players and protecting your club against bigger clubs; but being a stubborn idiot who demands astronomical money for his players while at the same time showing appreciation for these very players by paying them peanuts as compensation for their services and not thinking twice about riding high on the players image rights/endorsement YOU NAME IT.

You want Martial?? WE will let you know when you can have Martial. WE will make the call on that the day we decide if he's good enough to play for us or not. It will not be down to your dirty money. €20m, €40m, €300m - it makes no difference. Change the number or block them out. Kane and Dele can go wherever they want, I don't want us to do more business with Spurs. Goodbye.

lol

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Is MUFC really that thirsty for Dele Alli and Harry Kane?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gasperini apparently said that Spinazzola is set to return to Juve in this window, and he did leave Spinazzola out of the squad for a friendly today. Atalanta is trying to replace him with Laxalt according to Di Marzio, that would be a good pickup, especially considering there are English clubs after him that can offer better wages.

I hope this doesn't mean that Alex Sandro is leaving - although there have been rumors about Asamoah heading to Turkey, so maybe that's why this is going down.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's really dumb that transfers are still allowed after the league starts

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I thought a club of Man Utd status wouldn't need any players from such lowly clubs at Tottenham.

How far they have fallen.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

oliwan posted:

I think it's really dumb that transfers are still allowed after the league starts

I agree op

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Is MUFC really that thirsty for Dele Alli and Harry Kane?

Lukaku to score the goals against poo poo teams and Kane to score the important goals would be really good.

Martial is very good, I don't want United to sell him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Martial should push for a move TBF, he's going backwards at United.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shrapnig posted:

Martial is very good, I don't want United to sell him.

I feel like you lot don't even play him, when was the last time he scored a goal? 2015?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I feel like you lot don't even play him, when was the last time he scored a goal? 2015?

April 23rd.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

He scored 9 last year, he hasn't been lighting it on fire exactly but I agree he's got loads of potential - he's only 21.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

PirateBob posted:

The new definition of leaning into it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Xabi posted:

Martial should push for a move TBF, he's going backwards at United.

His tracking back has improved, that's true

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

His tracking back has improved, that's true

If he's become a winger who can track back Jose will never let him go

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

PirateBob posted:

Spurs finished above United the last two seasons without smashing transfer records at will. Shine their boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
even after embracing being a lovely poster after being constantly told he's a lovely poster his gimmick lovely posting isn't even the fun kind of lovely posting it's just more poo poo posting

what a poo poo poster

• Locked thread