Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Young Freud posted:

The license plate being removed prior to the incident makes it premeditated.

Also the part where the driver accelerates for like half a block before impact, then backs over people and flees in reverse at high speed.

I'm sure antifa are the real violent element and the poor driver was just scared for his life, though. Nothing to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

axeil posted:

Fear 👏 is 👏 not 👏 a 👏 valid 👏 excuse 👏 for 👏 murder

Does the lovely state have a Stand Your Ground law?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Lots of them weren't. Our culture has done a dumb thing of spending generations of portraying nazis as bad but also cool.

This is why the single greatest piece of anti-Nazi propaganda ever was the old British schoolyard chant

quote:

Hitler has only got one ball
Göring has got two but they're small
Himmler has something sim'lar
But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all

Also in terms of Nazi reading I'd highly recommend Into that Darkness

https://www.amazon.com/Into-That-Darkness-Examination-Conscience/dp/0394710355

It basically charts one man's journey from being a small-town police officer to being Franz Stangl, Commadant at Treblinka who was eventually convicted of 900,000 murders. Rationalising his actions the whole way

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dead comedy forums posted:

Red fear is a real thing - the german conservatives were the biggest unlikely helpers of the nazis because while they thought Hitler was a loving idiot, they thought he could be a very useful idiot and when push came to shove liberals fell right and the SPD went "lol" when they could be rallying the unions to kill working class support for the nazis in the crib

The German National People's Party was especially heinous. Their platform was "everything the Nazis say except nicer".

Had the SPD reached out to the middle class instead of focusing on fending off the Communists everything would've been fine.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
There's literally video of the car flying down the road toward the crowd

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

Does the lovely state have a Stand Your Ground law?

yep!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Looking forward to the all white jury that acquitts this murderer in a few months.

News travels fast. BTW, someone died from the attack.

https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/896434570094145540

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Overwined posted:

If anyone knows about hiding behind "fear" to murder people in cold blood, it's the cops.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wonder where the dude who was so sure these Nazis would never hurt a fly went?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Young Freud posted:

Gonna wait to hear that from a more reputable source than "The Anon Journal." Especially since it's been an hour without any other report confirming it coming out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'll pay the dog tax for this page.

Young Freud posted:

loving hell. :( I'm hoping it turns out to be a bad report.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 12, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Wonder where the dude who was so sure these Nazis would never hurt a fly went?
into his dodge charger, probably

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It's terrorism, white, nationalist, supremacy terrorism. No arguments, no whatabout everyone who defends this including the president is traitorous. Americans are dead. Being assaulted with vehicles, like France. You're not more bitch mode than FRANCE are you Trump?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Young Freud posted:

But he was fearful! Stand your ground works right?

Edit: man screw everything :smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Police confirm driver is in custody.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/896449683312308224

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
So when do we get our version of the Reichstag fire, cause I feel like it could be tonight.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

axeil posted:

Fear 👏 is 👏 not 👏 a 👏 valid 👏 excuse 👏 for 👏 murder

you must not be familiar with the legal system of states below the mason-dixon line

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I am generally anti-capital punishment but am I a bad person for wanting this Nazi executed after he's convicted?

evilweasel posted:

you must not be familiar with the legal system of states below the mason-dixon line

:smith:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Apparently, there were plates...
https://twitter.com/NewsInTheBurg/status/896447761532542977

Edit: internet detectives apparently got the VIN from the license plate
https://twitter.com/Octopusgardner/status/896449175726018560

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 12, 2017

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Was this angle posted yet?

https://twitter.com/amichaistein1/status/896434477123198976

It's pretty close up. This just makes me feel terrible. :smith:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

So when do we get our version of the Reichstag fire, cause I feel like it could be tonight.

I feel like congress would get a little worked up at the correct people if their club house burned down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

axeil posted:

I am generally anti-capital punishment but am I a bad person for wanting this Nazi executed after he's convicted?
dont worry, this isn't a realistic threat so its not a bad thing to want at all.

he's never getting convicted.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Ohio plates.

Yeah that seems right.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/hugosolorz/status/896448211786846208

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

axeil posted:

You recognize that it's against your general moral principles, so don't let your own (justified) anger compromise that.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

It doesn't work quite as well in a public place where you're in a locked car and they aren't.

Not saying it doesn't work, but just not as well. This guy's going to need a great lawyer and a terrible jury.

EDIT: and Trump's team has already hired all the really good lawyers who represent fascists in Virginia and Maryland.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

axeil posted:

:smith:

Death is release. So no

Also capital punishment isn't good regardless. Look at how Hitler went: Nazi leader sentenced him to death.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Of course he was from Ohio.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

If he was black, he'd already be dead.

But I'm sure he's to get a stern talking-to by the police before being released.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

axeil posted:

no, it's not bad to be outraged or to want to do violent things in response, it's just bad to do them

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Not saying it doesn't work, but just not as well. This guy's going to need a great lawyer and a terrible jury.

Nah, DA could decline to prosecute. Or prosecute on reduced charges, like manslaughter for those who died and assault for those who were just injured instead of murder/attempted murder.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We have a president that refuses to say "white supremacy is bad".

Fucks sake.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the guy is going to get charged and convicted of murder or attempted murder, but he probably wont be charged under terrorism statutes, which he absolutely should be

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

We have a president that refuses to say "white supremacy is bad".

Fucks sake.

Can't anger his base...

Well can't anger them at the wrong targets

evilweasel posted:

the guy is going to get charged and convicted of murder or attempted murder, but he probably wont be charged under terrorism statutes, which he absolutely should be

indeed

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Nah, DA could decline to prosecute. Or prosecute on reduced charges, like manslaughter for those who died and assault for those who were just injured instead of murder/attempted murder.

OTOH, he's an out-of-stater, so it might look good to throw the book at him to avert Virginia's own issues with white supremacy.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

RuanGacho posted:

I feel like congress would get a little worked up at the correct people if their club house burned down.

I bet more than half would cheer it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Noticing a lot of news sites reporting it as "Car slams into protesters at #Unitetheright rally" and the like. Which is technically true but also going to cause people who only read headlines to misinterpret who the victims were.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How in gently caress is this not murder 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a gop rep actually managed to work in who they oppose instead of something generic that the nazis can take as supporting them:

https://twitter.com/cathymcmorris/status/896448442964230144

• Locked thread