Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/896405877049241601

owns owns owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Calibanibal posted:

considering that there are literal nazi-wielding torches in our midst, it would be nice if the centrists could set aside their little crusade against bernie and leftists for a minute or two

Well it might harm their chances of swaying the Nazi vote

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Someone drove a car into a crowd of people protesting the nazis, injuring many.

tower time has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Aug 12, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

I saw this a few days ago, but I still have trouble believing the dnc fabricated them being hacked. the people reported to be advancing this seem to be legit though, since they cut their teeth on calling the republicans out on misuse of intel to build a case for the Iraq war.

:confused:

the author of the story is a seth rich truther, the two anonymous sources he cites about the download apparently have some sort of secret meta data that no one else has. the whole idea that the dnc fabricated guccifer 2.0 to leak their own emails is just beyond absurd so lol at the nation publishing a nonsensical technobabble story

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
e: I read that wrong

Matt Zerella has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Aug 12, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tower time posted:

Someone drove a car into a crowd of people protesting the nazis, killing many.

Nobody knows if anyone has died.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/896121993560338432

not a conspiracy theory, not a conspiracy theory, YOU'RE the conspiracy theorist

e:

Lol, while Bernie was working as a carpenter Hillary was already in deep with the Goldwater campaign--so inspiring!

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Edited to say injured, you're right. I mean I hope there are no fatalities but...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It is definitely very bad.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

tower time posted:

Someone drove a car into a crowd of people protesting the nazis, injuring many.

What I'm hearing is one likely already dead and lots of heavily wounded people.

There are worse times for street justice.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Calibanibal posted:

considering that there are literal nazi-wielding torches in our midst, it would be nice if the centrists could set aside their little crusade against bernie and leftists for a minute or two

nazi-wielding torches

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

gradenko_2000 posted:

lmao it gets worse

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/896399420148899840

"have you seen the other guys???"

These establishment parasites need to go holy poo poo

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

this would be a badass name for someone not white af

like i'm sure she has some aztec ancestry. or like i hope she does because tbh i kinda want to give her the benefit of at least a little bit of doubt.

even if you are white as gently caress most mexicans will have a ton of native ancestry because there was so much race mixing during the colonial period

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

the author of the story is a seth rich truther, the two anonymous sources he cites about the download apparently have some sort of secret meta data that no one else has. the whole idea that the dnc fabricated guccifer 2.0 to leak their own emails is just beyond absurd so lol at the nation publishing a nonsensical technobabble story

did you read the article?

they're saying the guccifer 2.0 leak was done to discredit an earlier, similar leak as russian in source (and tampered with to boot). makes a bit more sense to me than "the russians were so dumb they left russian metadata in their fake news leaks"

second, vips isn't really no-name

third, i can't find any articles by patrick lawrence on seth rich

Condiv has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Aug 12, 2017

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Scent of Worf posted:

These establishment parasites need to go holy poo poo

Maybe this makes me a bad person or whatever but I don't really care, thank god for antifa. Knowing that their violence will be met with violence is keeping these white nationalists from acting on their limp dick RaHoWa fantasies. They are sure as gently caress are doing more to beat back fascism that these worthless centrist Democrats.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Funny when I see someone attempting to censor and inflict violence on people because of the content of their speech, I the Fascist part of the name really stands out.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This take is stale. Nazis are running people over in unmarked cars.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

This take is stale. Nazis are running people over in unmarked cars.

I thought you were all about the blue brothers doing that though?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

did you read the article?

they're saying the guccifer 2.0 leak was done to discredit an earlier, similar leak as russian in source (and tampered with to boot). makes a bit more sense to me than "the russians were so dumb they left russian metadata in their fake news leaks"

second, vips isn't really no-name

third, i can't find any articles by patrick lawrence on seth rich

first, from the article:

quote:

It does not require too much thought to read into this sequence. With his June 12 announcement, Assange effectively put the DNC on notice that it had a little time, probably not much, to act preemptively against the imminent publication of damaging documents. Did the DNC quickly conjure Guccifer from thin air to create a cyber-saboteur whose fingers point to Russia? There is no evidence of this one way or the other, but emphatically it is legitimate to pose the question in the context of the VIPS chronology.

vips: there's a good run-down on the activities of these supposedly reputable folks here: http://www.shakesville.com/2017/08/why-is-nation-giving-space-to-tinfoil.html - lotta poo poo like syria chemical attack false flags, mh17 denialism, and seth rich trutherism

patrick lawrence:
https://twitter.com/CDA/status/895700558794936320

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I thought you were all about the blue brothers doing that though?

I have no idea what you're talking about

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im a racist kremlin botnet ama

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grondoth posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ah, a work of fiction

Where literally no one gets hurt

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

first, from the article:

vips: there's a good run-down on the activities of these supposedly reputable folks here: http://www.shakesville.com/2017/08/why-is-nation-giving-space-to-tinfoil.html - lotta poo poo like syria chemical attack false flags, mh17 denialism, and seth rich trutherism

patrick lawrence:
https://twitter.com/CDA/status/895700558794936320

yeah, i've been reading that link. not super convinced cause the dems like throwing around "he's a russian agent!" like it's going out of style (or have you forgotten dems trying to paint bernie as a secret deep cover russian asset?).

in any case, i'm still not sure of what import this would be if it came out to be true. the russians definitely hacked some things even if they didn't hack the DNC. likewise, we already know the dems lie about drat near everything to us, so them lying about the dnc hacks would show us that the dem party likes to lie, and that's really about it. likewise, we already know that the leaked documents were true, so even if this new revelation was true, it only shows the dnc tried to cover its rear end.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The ACLU is claiming the hit and run was accidental and done in a mustang (according to people who know cars looking at the video it's a current Dodge model and the ACLU is as usual full of poo poo, unlike the NLG)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Agnosticnixie posted:

The ACLU is claiming the hit and run was accidental and done in a mustang (according to people who know cars looking at the video it's a current Dodge model and the ACLU is as usual full of poo poo, unlike the NLG)

how does someone accidentally drive into a crowd of people?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The ONLY thing I can think of is there was another car that hit people.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

The same way you accidentally remove your license plates.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

it happens surprisingly often, actually. old person mashes the wrong pedal at farmers markets etc.

this looked intentional, though

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agnosticnixie posted:

They may be talking about a different car. There's claims of another attempted car attack, but nobody was injured. Hard to say, but the ACLU didn't have to say anything either way.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

it happens surprisingly often, actually. old person mashes the wrong pedal at farmers markets etc.

Yeah, the driver didn't mash a pedal, they were speeding for two blocks in and out.

Oh also, 4th street was supposed to be closed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agnosticnixie posted:

The same way you accidentally remove your license plates.

Yinlock posted:

car: FEAR DETECTED *ejects license plates, speeds toward nearest crowd*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah i doubt this was a poor lost old person

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I found a video on youtube of the crash. It was really gnarly.

:nws: :nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6m32JnSBPU

Edit: I honestly can't tell from this POV if it was accidental or not. Regardless, I hope the folks are okay.

My Face When has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Aug 12, 2017

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
A wob lady is now confirmed dead, I got the initial info from friends in the IWW but it's basically confirmed. Rest in power.

3 more are in critical, 9 more are seriously wounded.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agnosticnixie posted:

A wob lady is now confirmed dead, I got the initial info from friends in the IWW but it's basically confirmed. Rest in power.

any word if a medical fund is gonna be set up?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

wob?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

wobbly, the nickname for the IWW iirc based on a member who couldn't say doubleu and called it the i wobble wobble.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Wobbly, as in IWW member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

My Face When posted:

I found a video on youtube of the crash. It was really gnarly.

:nws: :nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6m32JnSBPU

Edit: I honestly can't tell from this POV if it was accidental or not. Regardless, I hope the folks are okay.

lol at the video decription being a total lie

• Locked thread