Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump calls a lackey over to utter the names of two Dem senators. Then says "See...? I can do it". Truly perplexing.

And now he's talking about how great everything is and how things are getting better and better everyday. Judging the tone just right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Drag the fucker out of the police station and hang him. It's only fair.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
If there was anything that could prove Trump is a psychotic maniac this speech would be it. Turning away from Americans getting outright murdered to speak about something entirely different without a hint of emotion.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
The one thing I will I agree with Trump about is we should cherish our history

our history of fighting Nazis

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Google Butt posted:

This is the moment that Donald Trump became presidentfuhrer

Fixed it for you.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Spiffster posted:

Logging off to be with my baby... I am so upset right now...

k...keep me posted

Boy I can't wait to go to a BBQ this afternoon, I bet everyone's going to have a greeeat time

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Friends get yourself a strong drink, I am, and you know we're goona need it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

BlueberryCanary posted:

The one thing I will I agree with Trump about is we should cherish our history

our history of fighting Nazis

That was a dog whistle because this whole thing was done over a statue that was going to be torn down of a confederate soldier.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

is someone pointing a gun at trump?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I can't wait for the GOP concerned and disturbed responses to this speech

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

president ignores a question from the press pen asking if he will condemn white supremacy

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

He said "we must cherish our history" in the context of protests/counterprotests over removing a Confederate statue, he very much made his statement there.

He has declared a side. And of course, he chose white supremacy.

Anyone who denies this is likely the audience he has been dogwhistling at in the first place.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

k...keep me posted

Boy I can't wait to go to a BBQ this afternoon, I bet everyone's going to have a greeeat time

k... keep me posted

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Covok posted:

That was a dog whistle because this whole thing was done over a statue that was going to be torn down of a confederate soldier.

I know. I was just trying to turn it against him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
He just walked away with the bill sitting on the desk. He loving almost forgot to sign a thing AGAIN!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh my god just turn around and say "I DON'T WANT THEIR SUPPORT"

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Hard to see what Trump gains from that. The only image that either side will be left with is Trump sauntering off while journos ask him if he loves white supremacists

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aramis posted:

"We need to come together in love for our nation"

Holy poo poo.

:laffo: better double down on the nationalism

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

gently caress this. gently caress this entire thing.

tecnocrat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 12, 2017

Kale
May 14, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

He just walked away with the bill sitting on the desk. He loving almost forgot to sign a thing AGAIN!

He doesn't care about that poo poo, just getting to grand stand in front of a camera so once that's over he just wants to walk away. It's literally right in front of America every day, but sure whatever totally well adjusted focused human being in charge of the country that cares and wants to make things better.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

shocking news, but i'm beginning to think there's not going to be a pivot

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

To be fair to trump, nobody else in the GOP gonna call this white domestic terrorism either

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

shocking news, but i'm beginning to think there's not going to be a pivot

:thunk:

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Koalas March posted:

He has declared a side. And of course, he chose white supremacy.

Anyone who denies this is likely the audience he has been dogwhistling at in the first place.

"Actually, Trump is pretty socially lib-" :fuckoff:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Spaced God posted:

I dunno how verified this is yet, but I'm seeing a few antifa accounts tweet that there might be a drive by shooter
https://twitter.com/ash_antifa/status/896452795892629505

Also reminder: check out the Antifa thread for updates! :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/896454854717190144

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tatsuta Age posted:

To be fair to trump, nobody else in the GOP gonna call this white domestic terrorism either

There was one house rep who did

I wonder if she is gonna get primaried for it

God, what the gently caress happened to this country, has this level of hatred and racism just been hiding for the last few decades, or has it been cultivated by a rebranded neo-nazi Alt-right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Trump supporter on CNN giving a glowing review to the "Many Sides" speech, says now isn't the time to make things "too political".

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Stay strong, America, persevere, and fight back. It is the only way.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

President silently coddles White Supremacy. But a tan suit! Dijon mustard! BUTTERY MALES!

gently caress everything and everyone.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

God, what the gently caress happened to this country, has this level of hatred and racism just been hiding for the last few decades, or has it been cultivated by a rebranded neo-nazi Alt-right?

Always been here.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gently caress all the haters, stop hatin yall

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Trump supporter on CNN giving a glowing review to the "Many Sides" speech, says now isn't the time to make things "too political".

When exactly is the time to make things political.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Monowhatever posted:

Trump, just say Nazis are bad, just do it. three simple words thats all.

"Nazis are bad" is a legitimately better three words than "Radical. Islamic. Terrorism.", because it's actually a complete thought.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

gently caress all the haters, stop hatin yall

You're not my dad, I'll hate who I want.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

The Glumslinger posted:

God, what the gently caress happened to this country,

The internet

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Glumslinger posted:

Its always been there. But now the people who are helping the ones being targeted are also feeling the force of it too.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I have a sinking feeling that our calls for Trump to specifically denounce white supremacy are going to be turned around on us. Like, "Hey, you mocked us when we wanted Obama to say 'Islamic Terrorism', why the sudden turn around? Maybe liberals are the REAL hypocrites."

Which is stupid, since the details and connotations of those two phrases are completely different. But that'll be what Rush will have to say on Monday and that'll convince at least a third of the country to keep doing what they're doing and everything is fine.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Mendrian posted:

When exactly is the time to make things political.

Whenever it's not a white person's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

axeil posted:

Yep. That's the point. If you read the history of Weimar Germany in the 20s and early 30s it's remarkably the same as in the USA in the 2000s and 2010s. Even down to the CSA Lost Cause being the analog of the German Empire Stab In the Back myth.

I mean gently caress, the Nazis literally had "States Rights" in their party platform.

Hitler frequently quoted and cited Nathan Bedford Forrest.

• Locked thread