Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
I'm watching FOX against my better judgement, and even those anchors called it "pure political terrorism."

Let's get weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

AceOfFlames posted:

(Seriously, wtf am I supposed to wear that doesnt have nazi connotations? Getting too old for graphic tees)

Just uh dont wear repro Nazi uniforms or a MAGA hat and you'll be ok

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

KickerOfMice posted:

Oh David Duke was there. Of course.
An hour ago, Fox News hosts were in full-on propaganda mode explaining that none of this has anything to do with Trump and claimed that he immediately denounced Duke's support (IIRC he dragged his feet for weeks before giving a half-hearted statement.)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

Holy poo poo Huck actually pretending not to be a piece of poo poo for once.

I'll be honest I first read that as "no you're the real racist for calling racism!!!"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

GWBBQ posted:

An hour ago, Fox News hosts were in full-on propaganda mode explaining that none of this has anything to do with Trump and claimed that he immediately denounced Duke's support (IIRC he dragged his feet for weeks before giving a half-hearted statement.)

Tradewinds have shifted I guess, I'm watching it now.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Forrreal my brain immediately starting parsing it as one of his bizarre anti-jokes because it's so uncharacteristic, but that's a genuine condemnation. Not one backed by meaningful action, but I'm surprised nonetheless

Yeah, I'm actually willing to accept Huckabee at his word about this. The mainstream Religious Right of today is a lot different than it was even a few decades ago when it comes to race relations. )Mostly due to the dwindling demographics forcing even the old guard to admit "Hmm well if we want to still be a voting bloc, we need to let in the blacks", but still.)

When Mike loving Huckabee has better optics than you in any situation, something has gone terribly wrong.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow I'm just reading the NYT story about Charlottesville. Are things really that bad :staredog:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Good thing the internet is on the case of the guy in police custody.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

GWBBQ posted:

I've said it before, but those statues should be museum pieces in exhibits explaining the whitewashing of the Confederacy and the historical revisionism surrounding them.

Honestly I prefer destroying them, because putting them in a museum is just keeping the flame alive. The beach I went to in NC was at a historical Fort that was in use during the Civil War, we went to see it and it was an interesting place. Unfortunately the gift shop was full of Confederate memorabilia (including adorable little grey costumes for your kids!) and in between the books on historical dress and cooking there were books with titles like "WHY THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT".

They had both Union and Confederate stuff for sale but it was clearly slanted in one direction. (I was a bit heartened that more people were buying the blue uniforms and toys at least.)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly this incident makes it all too clear that Trump is perfectly willing to accept the support of white supremacists. As long as someone votes for him, he doesn't care. The weak "on both sides" bullshit is the exact kind of statement you make when you don't want to jeopardize the support from either group involved.

I mean we all knew this already but its gotta be increasingly difficult to pretend that isn't the case when you're a "sane" Trump supporter.

Considering I'm convinced that a good part of his base are those just want to see the world burn sort of fuckers that support him out of pure cynicism and sociopathy for the chaos he causes on a daily basis they probably figure he's doing his job just fine. Again the scary part is that combined with the surprise rust belt breakthrough that was enough to get him elected. America just looks more and more broken and decadent to me as the 2010's roll on.

I still don't get what congress is waiting for. Like what is this guy helping them accomplish, what's in it for them even? We've seen what his base is like, a good chunk of them should be in jail, not allowed to hold congress hostage and impotent towards Trump. Like do they actually think they're going to manage to get anything done after recess with him flailing off all the time in random directions, starting beefs and feuds with private citizens and leaders of other countries, outright attacking the majority leader and threatening whoever he feels like?

Smol posted:

Wow I'm just reading the NYT story about Charlottesville. Are things really that bad :staredog:

They've been this bad for a while. I can't remember a week in which I didn't weep for the sorry state of humanity. 2017 is definitely worse than 2016 and I knew it would be though perhaps I underestimated the level of Trump's sheer spite for anything good and decent in the world and how it would enable other cynics and sociopaths.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 12, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Sinteres posted:

so?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

birddumps also going back to using numbers. nice.

Never user letters ever again.

12 https://twitter.com/yashar/status/896454361940971521

That MLK pic looks unreal. Funny how being a pos on the inside makes regressives look like poo poo on the outside

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Never forget when asked how his proposed Muslim database would be different from what the Nazis did, Trump said "you tell me."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smol posted:

Yeah pretty much. There's an antifac thread somewhere around here that's basically a tldr version of today's events. I think it's in the race sub.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

mistaya posted:

Honestly I prefer destroying them, because putting them in a museum is just keeping the flame alive. The beach I went to in NC was at a historical Fort that was in use during the Civil War, we went to see it and it was an interesting place. Unfortunately the gift shop was full of Confederate memorabilia (including adorable little grey costumes for your kids!) and in between the books on historical dress and cooking there were books with titles like "WHY THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT".

They had both Union and Confederate stuff for sale but it was clearly slanted in one direction. (I was a bit heartened that more people were buying the blue uniforms and toys at least.)

I like the current tactic of leaving them to rot in junkyards.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

TGLT posted:

Oh, you're a wehraboo.

That is the best word.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/896462549947789312

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

mistaya posted:

I prefer not destroying them because the Confederacy is a part of our history. I'd rather put plaques explaining why they were pieces of poo poo and build a giant statue commemorating the struggle of slaves next to each one.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is this...starting to matter? Are they all turning away from this except Trump?

Kale
May 14, 2010

It's amazing how not at all hard this stuff is. Even Low Energy Jeb is pulling it off. Low Energy Jeb Donald!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Trump the only Republican to not outright condemn white supremacy today? Wow.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Please clap.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Looking forward to a lot more thinkpieces about the rise of white supremacist domestic terrorism, as if Timothy McVeigh never existed

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I left the military when I rejected libertarianism and embraced the left and pacifism.

Still a lefty, but my commitment to pacifism is fading fast.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

There Bias Two posted:

talk is cheap as poo poo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Trump the only Republican to not outright condemn white supremacy today? Wow.

Paul Ryan basically said the same thing. So no.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Spiffster posted:

Logging off to be with my baby... I am so upset right now...

Hug your little one for me :unsmith:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So far, yes.

Hardest he got was the 'many sides' nonsense.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A lot of them kept their statements vague so nazis could still look at it and say "they're talking about the left!"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

There Bias Two posted:

Trump is the leader of the party. Not Jeb Bush.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

what the gently caress is going on? "Jerome Vangheluowe" is clearly not a real name. the gently caress is going on??

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Smol posted:

Yes. I've been trying to tell people how many loving racists there actually are in this country, how many are itching for violence and just looking for an excuse.

I loving hate that I can write a goddamn novel about jim crow, misogynoir,micro-aggressions, institutional racism, etc on this forum, but I'm the crazy angry black bitch that wants to ban everybody & kill white people.

Then it takes a car plowing through innocent people for folks to come out and say "Wow! The Alt Right actually ARE Neo Nazis! Omg Trump really supports white supremacists after all??"

goddamn. sorry I needed to vent.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Well yeah, The_Donald needs to figure out how they can show this was really a false flag attack.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yet when some CNN pundit says something critical of him and his adminstration over this you can bet the bile will flow forth. He'll be in some beef with somebody over this by Monday if not tomorrow no doubt doing and saying all the wrong things and making it all about him and the campaign.

"Wow did you see how many people were gathered in Virginia today when that car plowed through them all? Look at all this support for me. " #MAGA

or some other such horseshit.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This wiener on CNN trying to drag Cornell Brooks right now

"Why can't you focus on the good things that OUR PRESIDENT said? Why can't you just support OUR PRESIDENT and stop dividing the country?" :qq: :qq:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Calibanibal posted:

what the gently caress is going on? "Jerome Vangheluowe" is clearly not a real name. the gently caress is going on??

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jerome-vangheluwe-b035729

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Where's Kasich pledging prosecution support from the Ohio statehouse if it does turn out that one of his citizens is responsible?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So far, yes.

Hardest he got was the 'many sides' nonsense.

https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/896400866361704449

Same bullshit vague response as Trump.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/896465442939822080

Actually, I think that's pretty much the entire list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Koalas March posted:

goddamn. sorry I needed to vent.

Never apologise.

• Locked thread