Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Kitava predominantly does spell damage, and evasion does nothing for spells. Get more health or dodge better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i always miss the closing in circles on the ground when things start happening. that exposion does a poo poo load of damage

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Double Bill posted:

Frost blades Shadow, with about 3k and 48% evasion.

Get more health on gear, then.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pretty much every Kitava ability can be moved out of, just watch what he does.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

labyrinth loot must be crazy today, I didn't quite match the goon from earlier who got a Mirror drop but I got something like 10 (worthless) uniques and a Tabula Rasa in a single Cruel lab. now I don't know if I should keep this to level new characters or sell it to buy better gear for my primary

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
If you're gonna level a new character now, then use it. If you're not leveling one in the next few days, sell it for upgrades. Tabula's usually get cheaper as the league goes on (often real cheap) and more upgrades means more currency faster. And usually a more fun play experience.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Get more health on gear, then.

I'm in the epilogue now, so capping resistances is probably the priority again? Or is life more important in maps?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Double Bill posted:

I'm in the epilogue now, so capping resistances is probably the priority again? Or is life more important in maps?

Cap resists first. But do both.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Cap your resists, stack life, get money, repeat.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

labyrinth loot must be crazy today, I didn't quite match the goon from earlier who got a Mirror drop but I got something like 10 (worthless) uniques and a Tabula Rasa in a single Cruel lab. now I don't know if I should keep this to level new characters or sell it to buy better gear for my primary

Had a 9 key uberlab run today with a decent 30c unique drop and 6l corrupted chest among the loot.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DemonMage posted:

If you're gonna level a new character now, then use it. If you're not leveling one in the next few days, sell it for upgrades. Tabula's usually get cheaper as the league goes on (often real cheap) and more upgrades means more currency faster. And usually a more fun play experience.

that's kind of what I figured, I sold it in about 5 minutes and am still getting whispers for it so I guess it's a hot item

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Luna Was Here posted:

Did liquid win

:yeah:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

:911:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well poo poo. I'm not sure how to price this chest armor at all. Comparable items on poe trade are priced at 10c (lowest) and then 35c and up, but that all feels wrong to me somehow?

anyway, any help is appreciated.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Uhh, I picked up a bunch of fireflies in the Dread Thicket, how do I use them? Right now they are just blocking my inventory.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Popelmon posted:

Uhh, I picked up a bunch of fireflies in the Dread Thicket, how do I use them? Right now they are just blocking my inventory.

they are for a quest a little later in the act

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Popelmon posted:

store them in an empty flask

nerox
May 20, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

well poo poo. I'm not sure how to price this chest armor at all. Comparable items on poe trade are priced at 10c (lowest) and then 35c and up, but that all feels wrong to me somehow?

anyway, any help is appreciated.

How many sockets and links is it?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nerox posted:

How many sockets and links is it?

Nothing right now really, I've got resources I could blow to probably five link it, but i'm not sure that would be a return on investment.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like unsocketed/linked rare chests are super hard to sell unless they are godlike

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I feel like everything is hard to sell.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao I just 5 linked it in like 15 fusings

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

lmao I just 5 linked it in like 15 fusings

now the closest comparable thing to it on poe trade is up for 140 chaos which seems wrong

so great, now I have even less of a clue how to price this

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i think 50-60 chaos is a reasonable expectation, but you can always put it higher and haggle

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Imo this is a really good chest, I've sold worse ones for 15c. Not sure if the 5link is that special, but maybe 50c?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm going to start at 75c and see where that leads me. thanks for the feedback guys.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Should you not be running MoM as Vaal Pact character? I switched over and it's been insanely strong in 99% of situations but twice now (once against 4-essence mob and once to high damage mods Reef boss) I've run out of both mana and mana flask charges and died, even making sure to have 2% leech from warlord's up constantly and 75/sec natural regen for a skill that costs 25 mana to cast (admittedly like 5 times a second). Both those cases I would easily have lived without MoM. Of course, on the other hand against slow but big slam-type attacks losing MoM would be a massive pain.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
Is the recommended method for crafting a +3 bow still the same as what's on the wiki?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is ES not good anymore? I'm playing with a friend who has never played before and he's been going for a CI build, but I keep reading about a "forced Life meta" in 3.0. I'm only leveling alongside him so I don't have any experience with end-game 3.0

We're in act 7 and he's struggling a lot (not actually CI yet just stacking ES) while I'm facetanking everything as Life.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They cut out a bunch of ES nodes at Witch start, removed the ones behind the CI keystone and made life mods on gear better.

CI is going to be harder to gear for period, especially as a first character.

vvv Oh yeah, forgot the leech changes

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 13, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is ES not good anymore? I'm playing with a friend who has never played before and he's been going for a CI build, but I keep reading about a "forced Life meta" in 3.0. I'm only leveling alongside him so I don't have any experience with end-game 3.0

We're in act 7 and he's struggling a lot (not actually CI yet just stacking ES) while I'm facetanking everything as Life.

You can no longer insta leech es and Ghost Reaver now nerfs your recharge to the point that you might as well not bother leeching es. And ES gear is weaker: a perfect 986 regalia is now 689.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
CI and ES in general are typically harder to level with as well, since it splits your ehp pool in half. ES is still okay if you're playing a non-attack/non-leeching build but its way way weaker than it was before

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Can I get an invite to the non-full guild? _Axarca_ is the account name, ElAvionDelChapecoense the character name.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Azran posted:

ElAvionDelChapecoense

:stare:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

who is paying 70c for a belly that cant even roll 6s

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

who is paying 70c for a belly that cant even roll 6s

Someone willing to force it with vorici for 300 jeweler's

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can DonSlappy get a guild invite please

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Man, these guys do not know how to make a fun boss fight, do they?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh my god someone help with my alt-itis, I finish Act 10 and started mapping and very quickly want to play another build, happened twice already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Man, these guys do not know how to make a fun boss fight, do they?

the boss dies and i pick up what was inside of it, what more do you need?