Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ringo Star Get posted:

I made a post on my Facebook about how we defeated Nazis and defeated Confederates and that we shouldn't see swastikas, Nazi salutes, and white supremacists and of loving course a Trump supporter friend says "nothing would have happened if we just ignored the March and if BLM didn't show up"

I want to comment saying that ignoring poo poo like directly led to WW2 but I need to just walk away. There's a large percentage of Americans that can't be helped. We are screwed.

I had a very long discussion with one my liberal coworkers about all of the reasons that point of view is horrendously hosed up and is a major part of what let things get to this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

PT6A posted:

despite the whole war crimes bit.

a serious post in the D&D forums.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

boner confessor posted:

chuck grassley is a god damned national treasure shut the gently caress up

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/627165154325565440

I wish he stayed a farmer and not a politician

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
George W Bush, with some exceptions, was a good president.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

none of this would have happen just leave statyue alone??

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

I had a very long discussion with one my liberal coworkers about all of the reasons that point of view is horrendously hosed up and is a major part of what let things get to this point

I think its just incredibly stupid to think that its even possible in the age of Trump to avoid a counter-protest to literal nazi rallies.

If nazis march in America, a lot of people are going to show up and tell them they suck. Its unreasonable to criticize counter-protesters when white nationalists are in town.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Push El Burrito posted:

I think the Iraqis would be to differ. Or the people who live in New Orleans. Or everyone who owned a house. Or the dudes in Guantanamo. Etc.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I think the Iraqis would be to differ. Or the people who live in New Orleans. Or everyone who owned a house. Or the dudes in Guantanamo. Etc.

You missed the joke.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

FizFashizzle posted:

I really think this rise in nazi fandom is a serious indictment of the American education system.

Education is not enough. My high school had lengthy units on WW2 and rise of Nazism, showed movies like the Pianist, and covered the Armenian and Rowandan Genocides on top of that.

We still had plenty of racists.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

that was a joke, a reference to trump's lawyer going "he has no russian investments, with some exceptions"

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

these are some great @dril tweets... wait, what?

Also, the Dairy Queen thing is a sex thing right?

e: lmaaaaaaaaaaaoooo

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/655045612203675648

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 12, 2017

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Push El Burrito posted:

no

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

botany posted:

a serious post in the D&D forums.

I forgot that committing war crimes meant you could never be correct about anything ever again.

There's a difference between giving him money to express his views, and conceding that, in this case, his views happen to be correct.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Koalas March posted:

Yes. I've been trying to tell people how many loving racists there actually are in this country, how many are itching for violence and just looking for an excuse.

I loving hate that I can write a goddamn novel about jim crow, misogynoir,micro-aggressions, institutional racism, etc on this forum, but I'm the crazy angry black bitch that wants to ban everybody & kill white people.

Then it takes a car plowing through innocent people for folks to come out and say "Wow! The Alt Right actually ARE Neo Nazis! Omg Trump really supports white supremacists after all??"

goddamn. sorry I needed to vent.

You should never have been demodded, and the people who did so are cowards.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rigel posted:

I think its just incredibly stupid to think that its even possible in the age of Trump to avoid a counter-protest to literal nazi rallies.

If nazis march in America, a lot of people are going to show up and tell them they suck. Its unreasonable to criticize counter-protesters when white nationalists are in town.

Yeah, he was rather convinced by the idea that trying to stay neutral is definitely taking a side

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

evilweasel posted:

he doesn't actually oppose white supremacy he's just upset that trump couldn't pretend to oppose it so everyone on the right has to do their own pretending

It's really worth reiterating this point. Right wing shitheads don't push racist bullshit out of a cynical attempt to divide and conquer, or rile up their base, or whatever. They push it because they are themselves racist shitbags.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Push El Burrito posted:

Is this where we've gotten to

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

PT6A posted:

I forgot that committing war crimes meant you could never be correct about anything ever again.

a serious post, in the D&D forums.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WeAreTheRomans posted:

these are some great @dril tweets... wait, what?

Also, the Dairy Queen thing is a sex thing right?

chuck grassley is in the pantheon of top tier celebrity tweeters along with cher and carrie fisher rip

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

botany posted:

that was a joke, a reference to trump's lawyer going "he has no russian investments, with some exceptions"

gently caress there are too many Trump memes to keep track of.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
The really weird part about /pol/ trying to drop dox on the person they allege to be the driver is that the car had Ohio plates and the guy they're doxxing is a lifelong Michigan resident and the info they're getting is from the Michigan registry

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Looks like the memo is out in the Senate GOP.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/896483980857532416

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rigel posted:

He also condemned the KKK by name a few hours ago.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

botany posted:

a serious post, in the D&D forums.

Yeah. I mean, throw him in prison for what he did for sure -- he deserves nothing less -- but that doesn't mean he isn't right at least occasionally.

Ana Navarro is the same sort of case for me. She's supported a lot of harmful things, and will continue to do so, but she's been very on point with her criticism of Trump. I look forward to when Trump is gone and I can go back to hating both of them with no reservations.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

boner confessor posted:

chuck grassley is a god damned national treasure shut the gently caress up

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/627165154325565440

Im from alabama, this is basic redneckery. I see poo poo like this on a daily basis.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is the racist turtle low key trying to fight back?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rigel posted:

who would have thought all it would take for republican senators to realize racism was bad was nazis openly marching in support of the right, killing people, and having the head of their party very obviously support the nazis

i bet they'll last a whole day saying things like that before they get outraged anyone would think trump and the republican party are the party of racists and nazis

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He also condemned the KKK by name a few hours ago.

Yeah but in the last hour we had 3 (maybe more) Senators come out and nail 3 points (well, Grassley screwed up)

1) White Supremacists

2) were Terrorists

3) and Trump needs to condemn them by name

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pkay posted:

Im from alabama, this is basic redneckery. I see poo poo like this on a daily basis.

chuck grassley is the senior united states senator from iowa, chairman of the judiciary committee

the reason the joke is funny is that there is an expectation that a man who has been a senator longer than most goons have been alive should probably not build goofy dangerous contraptions to mow his lawn

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
omfg this Ben guy on CNN is a goddamn retard

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Education is not enough. My high school had lengthy units on WW2 and rise of Nazism, showed movies like the Pianist, and covered the Armenian and Rowandan Genocides on top of that.

We still had plenty of racists.

Education is not enough but it still has to improve. Where I went to high school in New Jersey there was an entire forty minute class in US history devoted to all the great stuff Hitler did to improve Germany's economy and how wildly popular that made him. The next day we learned about Pearl Harbor and the US entering the war. Weird I feel like something was left out there.

Also learned in high school that most slaves actually were fine with being slaves and were more than happy to just continue working for whoever had enslaved them after the Civil War ended.

gently caress US education.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

who would have thought all it would take for republican senators to realize racism was bad was nazis openly marching in support of the right, killing people, and having the head of their party very obviously support the nazis

i bet they'll last a whole day saying things like that before they get outraged anyone would think trump and the republican party are the party of racists and nazis

How long till McCain declares he is deeply worried?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

any other goons going out tonight in charlotteville? lets meet up early and practice some battle combination tactics. i will be bringing a scimitar and 8 feet of heavy iron chain

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This is where I'm at. Destruction of historical stuff, even lovely history, makes me queasy; correctly contextualizing the lovely history and why it's lovely is Actively Good.

The statue, like most such monuments in the South, isn't actually historical. It was erected in the 20s as part of the Confederate historical revisionist effort.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

from 4chan

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

boner confessor posted:

chuck grassley is the senior united states senator from iowa, chairman of the judiciary committee

the reason the joke is funny is that there is an expectation that a man who has been a senator longer than most goons have been alive should probably not build goofy dangerous contraptions to mow his lawn

poo poo isn't goofy if it works.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

any other goons going out tonight in charlotteville? lets meet up early and practice some battle combination tactics. i will be bringing a scimitar and 8 feet of heavy iron chain

please do not try to schedule a nazi gathering in this thread tia

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I know it's been an awful day, but this at least made me smile

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/896447798765375489

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Giggy posted:

He's also a raging Neoconservative. Strangely, it seems a lot of the Nazis don't like the neocons.

It's because they see Neoconservatives as (((Globalists))).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

...John Cena?

• Locked thread