Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kamala Harris is being paid by Big Vegetable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Main Paineframe posted:

a police helicopter monitoring the Charlottesville protests crashed and exploded in the woods, killing both people aboard

how is this world even real

Oh that's how the reported kill count reached 3

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

eh it was probably just a mechanical thing i doubt anyone at the protest had a rocket launcher

yeah, I'm not suggesting anyone shot it down, I'm just marveling at the surrealism of it all

neo-Nazis rioting in the streets and committing terrorist attacks, while police helicopters are falling out of the loving sky

who could've imagined 2017 would be like this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
*trump's ICE stoops to using children to deport their parents*

harris: hire 👏 more 👏 women 👏 vegetable 👏 pickers 👏

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's time to play centrist or republican!!

https://twitter.com/CooperJ1099/status/896039390706888704

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Main Paineframe posted:

yeah, I'm not suggesting anyone shot it down, I'm just marveling at the surrealism of it all

neo-Nazis rioting in the streets and committing terrorist attacks, while police helicopters are falling out of the loving sky

who could've imagined 2017 would be like this

It hit me that this occurred while the economy is :airquote:doing well:airquote:. When that drops this whole cauldron of molten poo poo is going to boil over

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Like did these moron liberals not notice that most of these neonazis look like an Abercrombie catalogue when they're not cosplaying?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/896523232098078720

Barack Obama loving sucks, and I can't believe he thought it was appropriate to respond with a Mandela quote about love, as if he wasn't an anti-apartheid guerilla.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our Democratic Party leaders are 12 years old apparently

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love how that black girl isn't buying Barry's lubby dubby bullshit

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dressing like this in the vicinity of a protest should be sufficient grounds to be charged with impersonating a police officer or some authority figure. The standards for this charge should be lower in scenarios in which a person would realistically expect a police officer or some other state actor to be present or believable that they're there.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/sonaralee/status/896472755348045826

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/sonaralee/status/896482062953312262

this is very true. see how fast libs switched from "get involved if you want healthcare!!" to barricading people who got involved and calling nina turner uppity for being an activist

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

this is very true. see how fast libs switched from "get involved if you want healthcare!!" to barricading people who got involved and calling nina turner uppity for being an activist

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/896490866386259969
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/896493651299155970

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i finally got the "leftist killing a liberal" part! the alt-right initially tried to blame the hit and run on a leftist mistakenly attacking his own!

just wow centrists

edit: gavin mcinnes deleted his tweet but I managed to screengrab it

Condiv has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Aug 13, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Condiv posted:

i finally got the "leftist killing a liberal" part! the alt-right initially tried to blame the hit and run on a leftist mistakenly attacking his own!

just wow centrists

edit: gavin mcinnes deleted his tweet but I managed to screengrab it

We're never going to stop doxxing the wrong person every single time something like this happens

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

KomradeX posted:

Didn't it come out the Trump is still lagging behind Obama on deportations, even with ICE acting like the gestapo

yeah trump hasn't bothered to get congress to add more immigration judges to doj, ice can arrest all the people they want but the deportations depend on the doj processing people.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh hey since skokie was brought up way earlier today, tho maybe it was the DSA thread

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/896531383140573184

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

yeah trump hasn't bothered to get congress to add more immigration judges to doj, ice can arrest all the people they want but the deportations depend on the doj processing people.

so trump is behind because he's lazy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the wobbly's not even cold and in the grave and centrists are trying to claim them. sickening the amount they'll distort and fabricate the truth just to feel important

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jen kirkman losing her mind has seriously been my biggest suck zone disappointment

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Condiv posted:

this has got to be faked right? it's a parody... right?

This is a temporary effect that will happen any time the labor pool temporarily shrinks, before they start growing less. The flipside is the delayed reaction where they're not growing as much as they could with the labor pool once the labor pool is expanded again. It's unfortunate, yes, but we have to accept that these vegetables will rot if something happens like employees go on strike for better labor conditions. We already pay for vegetables to rot, under the New Deal, to ensure that these farms will still be working at maximum capacity once demand has fluctuated back to its maximum. In this way, Kamala Harris has stumbled into conservative arguments which have been used since the 1930s.

also, this makes me realize why I don't use Twitter, because there's no way I'm spending the time to break that into a series of tweets

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/ACLUVA/status/896507383228358656

i don't know how to feel about this...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well seeing as how they got them killed...................

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thoguh posted:

A quick look on twitter seems to indicate that an alarmingly large percentage of people are adopting the "ANTIFA is also a violent hate group" angle.

But leaving out the part that violently hating Nazis is cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxkVhDYog8
shouldve been indiana jones instead

Sir Tonk posted:

and those ICE jails are worse than regular ones

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

well seeing as how they got them killed...................

yeah, i get that side. i also get the side where they were defending the first amendment

and that the aclu didn't do this thinking that 1 (possibly 3 people now...) would die

but at the same time, i also get that they should've expected nothing less from nazis whose ideology revolves around killing and brutalizing people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/acluva/status/896167089840566277

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

yeah, i get that side. i also get the side where they were defending the first amendment

and that the aclu didn't do this thinking that 1 (possibly 3 people now...) would die

but at the same time, i also get that they should've expected nothing less from nazis whose ideology revolves around killing and brutalizing people

I'm a paying ACLU member (and probably will remain so) but I intensely disagree with them on the Nazi thing

Fascist speech is dangerous, always always always always, and it must be suppressed. It can't be allowed to spread in society, fascist speech and ideology specifically exploits the weaknesses of a tolerant society (especially obvious when you see that the ACLU goes to bat for them) to get themselves a platform and recruit members. They don't care about the free exchange of ideas, they don't care about intellectual rigor, they will say and do anything to get the message out and once they have enough followers/power will instantly crush free speech.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm a paying ACLU member (and probably will remain so) but I intensely disagree with them on the Nazi thing

Fascist speech is dangerous, always always always always, and it must be suppressed. It can't be allowed to spread in society, fascist speech and ideology specifically exploits the weaknesses of a tolerant society (especially obvious when you see that the ACLU goes to bat for them) to get themselves a platform and recruit members. They don't care about the free exchange of ideas, they don't care about intellectual rigor, they will say and do anything to get the message out and once they have enough followers/power will instantly crush free speech.

yeah, reading up on it some more, even the ACLU supposedly favors some limitations on speech. they seem to be ok with the current standard of disallowing speech "directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action". which makes me ask the question: why didn't they think the bigass neonazi rally fell under that standard?

and now i suddenly don't feel so ambivalent. gently caress the ACLU on this

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

find a better civil liberties advocacy group to donate to. DOCTOR ZIMBARDO is a civil rights lawyer (i believe) and had this to say in the alt-right thread

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

they defend nazis, sold out the labor movement that created it, embraces the shittiest neoliberal ideas, provides a convenient libertarian host body for more nazis to infect etc. im in a rush and cant cite properly etc. right now

compare and contrast with smaller but much better organizations such as the national lawyers guild

https://www.nlg.org/nlg-mobilizes-legal-support-ahead-of-unite-the-right-counter-protests/

see their statement on providing support to only counterprotesters in c-ville: "As an anti-racist, anti-oppressive organization, the NLG categorically refuses to provide legal support to white supremacists."

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I know some of us have been shilling for them a lot for a while but seriously the NLG has a history of fighting against abuses without stooping to the self-promoting "genocide is free speech" bullshit of the ACLU. At every big protest movement they're also always incredibly cool about helping set up legal funds and poo poo.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
what the hell why are y'all saying the aclu was wrong?

it isn't their job to decide who should be allowed to have first amendment protections

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The ACLU didn't make a nazi mow down a bunch of protesters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

what the hell why are y'all saying the aclu was wrong?

it isn't their job to decide who should be allowed to have first amendment protections

it is their decision to decide what cases to take as test cases to defend certain constitutional rights. there are violations of rights happening every day and more people needing representation than the aclu has resources. by choosing to defend white supremacist groups with a history of violent actions, they are directing those limited resources towards defending violent white supremacist groups. or whatever, dont feel bad about you donation

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/896472863162613760

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The ACLU didn't make a nazi mow down a bunch of protesters.

sure

what they did do was allow it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when ppl are criticizing the aclu they aren't criticizing the concept of defending rights, they're criticizing the decisions the aclu made that inadvertently lead to the vehicular homicide of at least one person

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you should probably get that if ur still mad at hillary clinton for being inadvertently responsible for millions of deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

the aclu should've just looked at the situation and been like "nah, we're busy" and peaced out

• Locked thread