Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
man, Glenn Thrush is having none of this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

lol it's an old person that confused the gas and brake.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

financially racist posted:

they need to defend the rights of everyone to peacefully assemble else they can not realistically defend the rights of anyone to peacefully assemble

the aclu is good

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
so the nazi killed 3 people...

the media still taking the both sides angle or wut?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agrajag posted:

it's three now? last i heard it was one

kill all nazis imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

suddenly im a firm 2nd ammendment supporter

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

it's three now? last i heard it was one

kill all nazis imo

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the 3 stat is the woman (rip) + 2 skycops (rip i guess: so sad!)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if the ACLU didn't defend a nazi's right to free speech you would have people complaining much the same way people complain about the NRA staying pretty quiet about lawful black gun owners getting shot for having guns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
here is something

quote:

“The ACLU of Virginia stands firmly for the right to freedom of expression for everyone. We stand just as firmly in opposition to violence, racism and hatred of any kind. We condemn in the strongest possible terms the willful, malicious, dangerous and unlawful acts that occurred Friday evening in Charlottesville and on the University of Virginia campus. We urge anyone participating in demonstrations or protests of any kind today to do so in a spirit of peaceful, productive discourse. There is no place in a civil society for violent conflict, and we oppose such acts of aggression no matter the source.”

https://acluva.org/20102/aclu-va-statement-on-aug-11-weekend-protests-demonstrations-in-charlottesville/

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The ACLU is cool and good. They defend every right for every person, no matter who that person is or what they believe. Except for 2nd amendment stuff, because they can't even come to an internal consensus on that one.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

wtf is "US" doing in that headline/caption/subheader/whatever

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

the media still taking the both sides angle or wut?

I watched the CNN stream for Trumps comments and they immediately had a Trump guy on to talk about how great Trumps statement was. I'm sure it hasn't gotten any better.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

juche avocado posted:

the 3 stat is the woman (rip) + 2 skycops (rip i guess: so sad!)

oh ok good

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

if the ACLU didn't defend a nazi's right to free speech you would have people complaining much the same way people complain about the NRA staying pretty quiet about lawful black gun owners getting shot for having guns.

i mean people do still do that but the aclu needs to defend the rights of shitbags in order to have more clout in court when defending not-shitbags

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

juche avocado posted:

this is some third world poo poo

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

XK posted:

The ACLU is cool and good. They defend every right for every person, no matter who that person is or what they believe. Except for 2nd amendment stuff, because they can't even come to an internal consensus on that one.

:same:

e: or :yeah:

i don't know i just agree
the ACLU fights for everyone equally and that's fine with me

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

this movie is fucken awesome

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/TheMadDimension/status/896532582497529856

damage control is running at full steam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GrimGypsy posted:

has there been any trouble at the thing happening tonight in charlottesville?

an old friend was down there(on the "not a nazi" team) and got through the morning without any issues, but I guess his phone is dead so I lost my on-the-ground source

the nazis murdered a woman

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Naerasa posted:

Um but the NRA isnt like that at all though? Remember that time a black guy got shot for legally having a gun in his car and the NRA didn't say anything about it?

No, they recently said he deserved it for having pot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is the thing though

the ACLU probably loves you punching nazis

but the ACLU doesn't agree with you punching nazis without you being physically threatened

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

oh ok good

i mean people do still do that but the aclu needs to defend the rights of shitbags in order to have more clout in court when defending not-shitbags

also the number of times that the ACLU has set precedent while defending a giant shitbag is, i assume, a good number

vvvvvvv hosed UP

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

juche avocado posted:

could be from another country

they have those u kno

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

XK posted:

He was being attacked, and it was self defense. The videos clearly show it.

wut

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

XK posted:

http://www.theonion.com/article/aclu-defends-nazis-right-to-burn-down-aclu-headqua-1648

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah i dont think the aclu has 'blood on their hands' i think the fuckin nazis do. but thats a :can: I guess

XK
Jul 9, 2001

3 killed? 2 of those were helicopter people. They just crashed, right? Dying in a crash isn't killed. Unless someone shot it out of the sky.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Third World Reggin posted:

Here is the thing though

the ACLU probably loves you punching nazis

but the ACLU doesn't agree with you punching nazis without you being physically threatened

its an important distinction

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I hope my buddy drops off my weed before the war starts

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

i refuse to click on such an ugly video

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

nice take

https://twitter.com/bestoneTX/status/896412144253767681

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

im still confused by the helicopter deaths
did the helicopter just fail or did i miss something during the 20 minutes i was watching soccer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/896530826573119488

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/896535200838148098

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Al! posted:

the nazis murdered a woman

I know all of that stuff, but I heard some sort of vigil/protest/rally thing was also happening tonight?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hmmm

nazis are cockroaches so gently caress off cockroach

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

XK posted:

3 killed? 2 of those were helicopter people. They just crashed, right? Dying in a crash isn't killed. Unless someone shot it out of the sky.

cops said it was "related" to the rally but didn't expand on that and everyone is loving confused about what happened

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Have you even watched the video? They were coming right for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

I know all of that stuff, but I heard some sort of vigil/protest/rally thing was also happening tonight?

dsa twitter is linking to them. mostly larger cities

• Locked thread