Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i enjoy beer from time to time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
cbs: alpha acid "haight toronado"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c Saturday night s: I keep firing bulleits into my head

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kenny Logins posted:

c Saturday night s: I keep firing bulleits into my head

rename thread to this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i drank A Beer tonite

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
also brought some souvenirs back from iceland in may

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I'm at a bar working my way down the cheap adjunct lager list because gently caress it today is terrible

corona is ok, doesn't taste like much
Stella is fine I guess, also doesn't taste like a lot
red stripe tastes like cardboard? :confused:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sounds like 5 miles of bad road

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
if you drink beer but don't like the clean reliable taste of a New Castle Brown you can go gently caress yourself

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

alternatively

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

my preferred vodka

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

if you drink beer but don't like the clean reliable taste of a New Castle Brown you can go gently caress yourself

first beer i drank with my dad. solid

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kuvo posted:

my preferred vodka
my preferred vodka is whatever bottle is currently weighted the best for pouring directly into the trash can

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
a video I saw once had a reviewer taste-testing bottom shelf vodka, and he found Popov to be very neutral

keep meaning to try it for mixing because it's cheap and comes in convenient large plastic bottles

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010
red stripe might be one of the worse beers

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

OldAlias posted:

I've had far fewer hangovers making my own white wine with a bit of absorbic acid
uh

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ascorbic you pedant

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i knew it was ascorbic which is why it was weird to me that someone who had actually used it would type that instead :shrug:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

a video I saw once had a reviewer taste-testing bottom shelf vodka, and he found Popov to be very neutral

keep meaning to try it for mixing because it's cheap and comes in convenient large plastic bottles

popov is great vodka

for me to poop on

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

a very small horse posted:

red stripe might be one of the worse beers

it's the PBR of East London

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

lol nukey brown, no

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Lyon posted:

craft beer is a scourge.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i was in munich last week and their beers are very good, u can drink a lot with no hangover. i suspect this is due to the reinheitsgebot. on the other hand, the beers are a bit boring.

the biergartens own loving bones. they have a whole bunch of windows in a line serving portions of food (lots of it already plated up) and a few windows with lots of beer already poured out and u just walk through, grab some poo poo, then walk to a cashier, pay and get the gently caress out

its super fast even when its insanely busy. german efficiency :waycool:

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

oh yeah and its normal to drink a 1L beer, its even better than drinking a pint (568ml, the right size)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
munich is great and the biergarten are extremely good. the hofbrauhaus is a bit of a tourist trap but still well worth a visit for a morning weisswurst and stein or the singalongs in the evening. if you get bored of the usual beer i recommend switching to weissbier or trying a dunkel (can't guarantee they'll be hangover free though)

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i wandered in the hofbrauhaus but didn't drink there because of tourist trap-ness; went to 2 outdoor biergartens, on near the hbf, one in the englische garten; both owned

in the second one there was this tower thing and a bavarian band started playing at like 1pm and i drank a couple of Maß listening to the band :unsmith:

the dunkel and weissbeer were also good but i preferred the normal stuff; although I tried one great bock in some tourist trap restaurant (the waitress went "wow ok" when my gf ordered it lol).

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
fair enough, i love a good weissbier and munich is the definitive home of good weissbier

glad you enjoyed it, it's a beautiful and really fun city in general, probably my favourite in germany. i'd love to move there for a year or two. shame the rent is so ridiculous

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i was in munich last week and their beers are very good, u can drink a lot with no hangover. i suspect this is due to the reinheitsgebot. on the other hand, the beers are a bit boring.

the biergartens own loving bones. they have a whole bunch of windows in a line serving portions of food (lots of it already plated up) and a few windows with lots of beer already poured out and u just walk through, grab some poo poo, then walk to a cashier, pay and get the gently caress out

its super fast even when its insanely busy. german efficiency :waycool:

the bavarian reinheitsgebot from 1516, like most things from bavaria, is loving idiotic. if one were to follow it to brew beer, one would never succeed, because they forgot to add yeast to their list of officially sanctioned ingredients.

wheat is out, too, so technically weizen beer is not compatible with it, either. of course, they still mention that poo poo on every label, because it's a dumb marketing gimmick and subsequent regulations have allowed all sorts of other ingredients. it has no impact on quality.

biergärten are good, helles is a nice and very drinkable beer, but bavaria as a whole can get hosed and munich should have been leveled in ww2. namaste

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

bavaria as a whole can get hosed and munich should have been leveled in ww2. namaste

lol why? i quite liked bavaria

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

only as a tourist mind, my friend from bavaria said she didnt like munich b/c the ppl are snobbish or smth

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Mr Super awesome posted:

lol why? i quite liked bavaria

bavaria is basically germany's texas.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

c drink s: since we are having family over, my wife asked me to pick up a cider variety pack for the deck. i got the okanagan one with apple, ginger apple, pear and black cherry. i have some hope for pear and ginger apple at least but am prepared for them all to be syrupy swill

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
drink status: im in singapore and there are alcohol shops everywhere but it's all so expensive

i considered getting some scotch in the duty free shops but its mostly weird bottlings found nowhere else that have funny marketing names instead of <distillery X year>. I assume these are failed experiments that are unloaded on duty free shops because why not.

i need to get back home to craft beer at decent prices and regular nice scotch stash:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

drink status: im in singapore and there are alcohol shops everywhere but it's all so expensive

high taxes on alcohol are good for society

unless your society has massive wealth inequality in which case lol

see: india

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
why have society when you can have rampant, socially acceptable alcoholism

https://twitter.com/Alexey__Kovalev/status/897155023515398144

(at current exchange rates this is something like 4.5 shots for $2)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iirc in russia until recently they didn't even classify beer as an alcoholic beverage

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

why have society when you can have rampant, socially acceptable alcoholism

https://twitter.com/Alexey__Kovalev/status/897155023515398144

(at current exchange rates this is something like 4.5 shots for $2)

only Russia could manage make vodka soda manly

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

only Russia could manage make vodka soda manly

the label says 40% lmao🇷🇺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy