Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poptart_fairy posted:

I'd just like the thread to be a little more transparent about what's considered acceptable, especially when accusations about trolling are thrown around. Saying it's subjective is vague enough to let the "you're a Nazi" bullshit continue though, so :shrug:
Shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

poptart_fairy posted:

What is this questionable content though? Looking at his stuff he's just posting things which aren't targeting the thread's usual lot, and that gets posters running in to squeal about how he's supporting Nazis and the alt-right. Just seems a bit of a dick move to accuse the former trolling, but let the latter go untouched.

Seriously. I genuinely don't get what the difference is meant to be unless you're tagging him with an ulterior motive.

It would take just going over the examples in detail that would make a huge derail that is no fun for anyone. My rule of thumb is "If this is something I'd find on /r/thedonald or some other alt-right site as proof that all liberals are evil" I'll steer away from it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Staying away and ignoring content, cool. Jumping in and calling someone a Nazi because of what they posted, then having the image's poster called a troll, seems kind of backwards.

If someone is genuinely being a dick they can be dealt with. The dog piling just gets old.

vvv - Are you seriously following me into another thread to continue that, veni. Jesus.

poptart_fairy has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Aug 12, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Have you considered that if you are having/ perpetuating a petty argument in every thread you post in, maybe it's you?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

It would take just going over the examples in detail that would make a huge derail that is no fun for anyone. My rule of thumb is "If this is something I'd find on /r/thedonald or some other alt-right site as proof that all liberals are evil" I'll steer away from it.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poptart_fairy posted:

Staying away and ignoring content, cool. Jumping in and calling someone a Nazi because of what they posted, then having the image's poster called a troll, seems kind of backwards.

If someone is genuinely being a dick they can be dealt with. The dog piling just gets old.

vvv - Are you seriously following me into another thread to continue that, veni. Jesus.
Seriously, please shut the gently caress up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Stuntman posted:

Seriously, please shut the gently caress up.

You got very angry and started making accusations towards me because I took issue with a QCS poster, in a thread about the moderation of GBS. I'd rather you try and not take the moral high ground here.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We're right at the top of page so let's see if we can go the remainder of it and the next page posting silly people on facebook without involving politics or politically charged content. :wooper: I belive in us! (I don't but I googled mgmt tips on the internet and it said to say this and then sell u avon so fingers crossed)

Here is some el classico

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I read this thread anyways poptart fairy you arrogant dumb poo poo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

poptart_fairy posted:

I'd just like the thread to be a little more transparent about what's considered acceptable, especially when accusations about trolling are thrown around. Saying it's subjective is vague enough to let the "you're a Nazi" bullshit continue though, so :shrug:

Would you say it's about ethics in forum modding?

EDIT: For actual content;

Imgur is still awful and full of creeps.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Aug 12, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay our current record of moving on and posting good gravy content is one, we can only go up from here! Or laterally, but not down!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The internet witch hunt for the driver of that car is going well.

veni veni veni posted:

I read this thread anyways poptart fairy you arrogant dumb poo poo.

You broke your silence for me though. That's got to count for something between us.

Nuebot posted:

Would you say it's about ethics in forum modding?

I'm just saying if the thread's only allowed to mock certain political spectrums then fine, just don't call it trolling and ignore the accusations of Nazism.

Or just bring back the "no post without content" rule and watch these masturbatory dick fights drop.

poptart_fairy has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Aug 12, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Stop dragging on slap fights.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

Okay our current record of moving on and posting good gravy content is one, we can only go up from here! Or laterally, but not down!

Zero is less than one. So now we've hit rock bottom!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Citation needed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This derail is over and I'm just hitting sixers on anyone who continues it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I can't really post it because the context is all real life things said, but in related news, I'm starting to get sorta irritated with my super conservative cousin and her divorce. You know the type. Divorce wrong unless it's mine!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Boycotting your propane, lady

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I think there's supposed to be a comma for "rioting, #antifa's 'counter protesting'."

Dislikes: Nazis. :ironicat:

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Emmy just gas the thread for a few days, for the love of God. We're in need of a good colon cleanse every once in a while.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ularg posted:

I think there's supposed to be a comma for "rioting, #antifa's 'counter protesting'."

No, I think he just improperly used an apostrophe to pluralize.

EDIT: Or maybe he meant "rioting antifas' counter protesting."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

this is the fuckin worst word. it sounds so clunky and maybe the dude explains tedious poo poo nobody gives a gently caress about to everyone.

Did you just mansplain mansplaining?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jurgan posted:

Mansception

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

why dont u ever talk about MansPain!!? classci neolithic repsonse

classic iosm from when HMV was being shutdown

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

EmmyOk posted:

why dont u ever talk about MansPain!!? classci neolithic repsonse

classic iosm from when HMV was being shutdown

NIPPER!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

thread title delivers

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm just saying if the thread's only allowed to mock certain political spectrums then fine, just don't call it trolling and ignore the accusations of Nazism.

Or just bring back the "no post without content" rule and watch these masturbatory dick fights drop.

In the known history of mankind there have been two major revolutions against freemasonry. The first I covered a bit above, but let me go over the second for you because the methods, motivations, and such are very similar and you will be familiar with the details of the second.

So, the topic is the American revolutionary war. It is often said in conspiracy media and such that this was a fraud perpetrated on the masses by mystery babylon. Freemasons will boast about their role in the revolution and offer that as evidence that they are not such bad people, or that they give people the chance to be free who then squandered and therefore need / deserved to be ruled.

However, nothing could be further from the truth. The revolutionary war was an event where Christians infiltrated the freemasonic cabal in order to turn it against itself and make the revolution possible.

If you read a book like How the Nation Was Won by Lowry you'll find a mountain of evidence about how a very few families labored intensely to create the conditions that would allow the war to be successfully prosecuted. They retreated to the distant frontier to set up iron foundries that would fuel the war effort decades later. They were set upon over and over again by the crown, the secret societies, and literally did their work in hiding - out in the Appalachian hills, locations and purposes concealed, etc.

When the conditions were ripe for revolution, a psy-op was conducted against freemasonry that you now know as the "Illuminati." The idea was simple: because freemasons operate under cloak and dagger, deception, and disinformation campaigns, you can insert one of your own into the order. So the psy-op was created as such: the freemasonic society is going to create a "fake" freedom for the masses in order to quell their growing rebellious nature, that the American revolution can be allowed to succeed because it is part of a larger plot towards tyranny. Furthermore, because freemasons are sworn to protect the lives of other freemasons, by inducting much of the revolutionary officer corp into the society you give them protection against assassination (temporarily, until the psy-op is unraveled) and allow the revolution to have a chance to succeed.

You can tell that is actually what happened because leaders of the revolution were killed later on. George Washington was murdered by his doctor. His kin, Meriwether Lewis (Martha Washington's family, which was the primary source of wealth that funded the revolution) was also assassinated and clearly by what we now know as Skull & Bones (they took part of his skull as a trophy). These sorts of mopping up operations by the masonic cabal in the aftermath of the revolution show you that they realized they had been had by subversion within the ranks and were set out to kill those who had played tricks on them.

You can start to elucidate much about the characters involved in the revolution from that starting point. For example, Thomas Jefferson publicly shilled for the "nothing amiss here" version of Meriwether Lewis's death and proclaimed it a suicide. This, despite the unassailable forensic evidence to the contrary which was known to him: a large chunk of your skull cannot walk away from the scene of its own volition.

As time passes, the masonic cabal starts to shill publicly that the revolution was their idea all along. They promote the "illuminati" as a real society that is taking over the world (to this day) when in fact it was never more than a psy-op meant to make the revolution possible. So not only can you identify traitors like Thomas Jefferson through this information, you know that controlled opposition media that goes on and on about the "illuminati" are just freemasonic fronts.

In short, faced with a real revolution, the cabal is forced into a big coverup operation lest others get wind of the idea of challenging them. Many more would put to death at the hands of the cabal like the whistleblower Captain William Morgan and those who supported the anti-Masonic party in the wake of an assassination spree by the cabal against Americans in the early 19th century, endorsed by a president (Jefferson).

After the life of Jesus, very similar things happened. The freemasons create an alternative story, go on a murdering spree against the original revolutionaries, and seek to co-opt everything to their own purposes. Rumors abound in conspiracy circles about the original Jesus being a Rothschild plant way back in the day, because this is what they always do: destroy the idea that you can fight, that you can do right, and suck the hope out of mankind.

There is abundant hard, objective scientific evidence against their narrative even for the irreligious though like the fact that an Earthquake really did happen when Jesus was put upon the cross.

This sort of thing they hate the most, because the most carefully concealed secret in freemasonry (by the top of the food chain from their foot soldiers) is that God is real and they will fail.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

who said i was a man???

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i'll admit, i mansplain a lot, but i don't have a social circle, so it's just me repeating poo poo i know to an otherwise empty house.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Well, actually, you undoubtedly share your home with vermin, so it's more likely you're regaling cockroaches and rats with facts.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Well, actually, you undoubtedly share your home with vermin, so it's more likely you're regaling cockroaches and rats with facts.

yes, mansplaining

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/896533144714833920

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

At the very least he didn't name anybody so the thing with the Boston bombers isn't repeated. And who seeks information from /pol/, of all places? The forefront of internet trolling isn't usually concerned with veracity.

v Oh god, he actually did retweet Mike Cernovich saying the false name. Not only is the information from /pol/, he trusted Mike Cernovich, one of the most partisan person out there. Why is this man so bad at screening his sources

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Aug 13, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

toanoradian posted:

At the very least he didn't name anybody so the thing with the Boston bombers isn't repeated. And who seeks information from /pol/, of all places? The forefront of internet trolling isn't usually concerned with veracity.

https://twitter.com/Bearpigman/status/896535721649065984

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

HYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARGHH

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey need some help trying to understand this.

This is in favor of Trump I'm sure of that, but I don't get it, what is anyone supposed to be seeing here?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Trump is wearing some sort of uniform but Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama is a blackman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey need some help trying to understand this.

This is in favor of Chimp I'm sure of that, but I don't get it, what is anyone supposed to be seeing here?

That Trump is a clean-cut, uniformed white man and Obama was a scary black man.