Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to play gungi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
is it really 4dimensional shogi or something else?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

schwing is overrated

who am i kidding no it's not

I forgot how much Hisoka looks like En from Dorohedoro after he got blown up.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

It's a homage I'm pretty sure. That shiteating grin looks like Shin in murder mode too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's probably unintentional. hisoka isn't missing the skin from around his mouth, he is bleeding from his nose hole.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dorohedoro/10?id=68036 bad pic but the eyes and grin are similar, maybe togashi just reads a bit of q hayashida

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Dorohedoro? In my Hunter x Hunter?

:getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Heyyyy I finished the 2011 anime. It was good.

I was debating on if I should read the manga from the beginning to get the full experience and original intent of the author but maybe I'll just catch up on the current arc for now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wild Horses posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dorohedoro/10?id=68036 bad pic but the eyes and grin are similar, maybe togashi just reads a bit of q hayashida

don't link to kissmanga
it has poo poo loads of weird invasive pop under ads (the kind that get through adblocks)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Heyyyy I finished the 2011 anime. It was good.

I was debating on if I should read the manga from the beginning to get the full experience and original intent of the author but maybe I'll just catch up on the current arc for now.

catch up then reread it to pass time between hiatuses :v:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

don't link to kissmanga
it has poo poo loads of weird invasive pop under ads (the kind that get through adblocks)

Works on my machine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Works on my machine.

aren't you having scandals again right now, youtube sensation pewdiepie???

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

aren't you having scandals again right now, youtube sensation pewdiepie???

Nah too busy reading manga.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

don't link to kissmanga

Only if you have a bad adblock, I imagine.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thats victim blaming

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Aw didn't mean to. I like that you can read it all in one page But Yeah.. ads

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pewdiepie posted:

Nah too busy reading manga.
Enjoy yourself, mang. :)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

thats victim blaming

Heh.

But seriously, he isn't using uBlock Origin. I don't see any ads with it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Heh.

But seriously, he isn't using uBlock Origin. I don't see any ads with it.

I use uBlock Origin lol

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I use uBlock Origin lol

Lol. I would check your machine for malware? Like, really, kissmanga is the online reader I use the most, and for two years I haven't had your problem.
Though maybe in your local region the servers are serving an ad that isn't detected by the ad blocker? And in mine they are using other ads.

---

But I came to post another thing. Spoilers obviously!
http://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoiler/hunter-x-hunter-368-spoiler

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Turin Turambar posted:

Like, really, kissmanga is the online reader I use the most, and for two years I haven't had your problem.

Same. It seems to me it's by far the best one, too, but I have an adblocker that works there so.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm getting close to the end of the election arc and I'm bummed to find out that even though this arc came out three years ago, the anime hasn't continued. Any other animes you guys can recommend that continue the spirit of this show? (The adventures of the hunter test arc and game arc specifically)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Not really no, sorry man

But I'd certainly like to know as well

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, you can always go back and watch/read Yuyu Hakusho if you like the Hunter Test arc.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dias posted:

I mean, you can always go back and watch/read Yuyu Hakusho if you like the Hunter Test arc.

I've never watched it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I've never watched it.

Yu Yu Hakusho is really good and you should read it, but I hope you like tournament arcs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I've never watched it.

There you go then. I mean "go back" because it was Togashi's "hit" before HxH was a thing, and I still think quite a bit of it holds up. It has a long-rear end tournament arc but the beginning is basically a Hunter Test-lite and after THE tournament arc there's a lot of weird power BS including a videogame-based fight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
midway through togashi started introducing weird systematic powers that seem an awful lot like a prototype for nen.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I've never watched it.

do it

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Begemot posted:

Yu Yu Hakusho is really good and you should read it, but I hope you like tournament arcs.

The Dark Tournament arc is probably the best of it's kind by a large margin

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Asuron posted:

The Dark Tournament arc is probably the best of it's kind by a large margin
Seconding this. Also, watch the funimation dub if possible, because while the original Japanese is good (Nozomu Sasaki, Nobuyuki Hiyama and Megumi Ogata cut their teeth first as far as protagonist roles go with this anime, after all), the American dub gives it a weird, funky vibe that makes the show come together very nicely.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love the YYH dub, the voice actors for Yusuke and Kuwabara were perfect

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

I love the YYH dub, the voice actors for Yusuke and Kuwabara were perfect

And Jin and Chu. The YYH dub is one of the few where giving people ridiculous accents didn't gently caress everything up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when i think about kuwabara (which is often, because kuwabara is the best), it is in his dub voice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I want a sitcom set in NYC with a bunch of 20 somethings going bout their lives and the plot is about their trials and tribulations at work or in romance etc. Also the three friends are Knuckle, Kuwabara, and Okuyasu.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

hi friends http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/368/4494/1

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Extremely dope chapter but does this mean T*nich is even more naturally talented than Killua and Gon by a long shot?. I really like Oito and this cements it and I hope she gets Kurapika to try and save everyone not just Woble

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Extremely dope chapter but does this mean T*nich is even more naturally talented than Killua and Gon by a long shot?.

I'm not sure about that. Killua and Gon didn't have the 'luxury' to force out techniques to learn from Wing/Biscuit. They essentially learned Gyo that fast too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i checked the poll and only one person guessed right. it wasn't me, certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

Extremely dope chapter but does this mean T*nich is even more naturally talented than Killua and Gon by a long shot?. I really like Oito and this cements it and I hope she gets Kurapika to try and save everyone not just Woble

Hes the hypertalent shonen protagonist
But evil

Its starting to ratchet up and I love it. All that tension is starting to crash down.