Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is it just me or is this summer event really underwhelming so far? Compared to last year's event, this one is really boring and has way crappier rewards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's crazy how Rider Mordred and Archer Artoria can just spam their NP's every turn with the right team once they get going. It's busted.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

Is it just me or is this summer event really underwhelming so far? Compared to last year's event, this one is really boring and has way crappier rewards

The limited amount of servants who boost rewards is pretty small making certain nodes take forever to do and they increased the overall amount of drops you need to clean something out to be at parity with the amount of drops you get now being more. It's kinda lame how most items need 1200 drops to clean out each one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, Ember gathering (Random) is so lovely. Who the hell want random piles of exp, instead of specific types?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tired Moritz posted:

god, Ember gathering (Random) is so lovely. Who the hell want random piles of exp, instead of specific types?

Makes no difference to me at the moment since I'm just focusing up Jeanne. That and Berserker already has a chance to drop everyday for Tamomo Cat so :shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

It was fine when I was in a mad rush to level Jeanne, since it's all the same for her.

Honestly while the class bonuses are obviously desirable, in the end if you have a dude you want to level up I feel you're just fine throwing all gold XP cards at them.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Argas posted:

Check your filters.

:doh:

Set them when I first started playing and completely forgot I did that afterwards. Thanks!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Is Darius any good? Because I just got 3 of him in a 10 pull.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Finally got Ushi to her third ascension stage and she looks cool, just need some more rider monuments and then I'll be set for the time being. Pretty happy that the RNG isn't completely the worst and is only kind of a dick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Is Darius any good? Because I just got 3 of him in a 10 pull.

darius is okay, but kiyo is the best 3* berserker

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've raised my Asterios to level 73 and he is my big furry murder machine.

Much as I had fun nuking everything, I do regret giving that grail to Arash now. Ah well, we'll get more eventually.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man there's literally nothing in the game that needs Servants that level yet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr Pepper posted:

Also got his skills to 6/5/- (Strengthen quest locked :smith:)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Got a lucky roll on the story gacha and ended up with a Kaleidoscope! :woop:

Only question is who to put it on. right now my best NP's are probably Cu and Emiya.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

How else are you supposed to get a lot of friends?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dr Pepper posted:

I'd argue a couple of the more brutal interludes do. (Herc 2, Martha 2, OG Cu, arguably Altera's)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Where is the best place to get Saber pieces? I need like 6 more to ascend Saber Lily and Chevalier.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Where is the best place to get Saber pieces? I need like 6 more to ascend Saber Lily and Chevalier.

Tuesday and Saturday "Duel with Knights" event in chaldea gateway.

Here is a useful sheet showing where to get stuff and how hard they are to get. Be sure to switch to the North America tab.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm lucky that for the most part most of the mats are meh, having 90+ atm means that I likely don't need them for anything soon, though I should investigate what Rider Rin needs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm lucky that for the most part most of the mats are meh, having 90+ atm means that I likely don't need them for anything soon, though I should investigate what Rider Rin needs.

If you mean the Swimsuit Ishtar, as a Free Servant given out for an event her ascension materials are unique and handed out with the event you get her in.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The story for this year's summer event is fun in terms of story and it isn't a chore to figure out where to grind bc there aren't a lot of event drops that you need (just the plates, wheels, and junk parts) unlike the previous summer where you needed a whole bunch of stuff and keep track of what servants increased what drop.

Needs more quartz

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Compendium posted:

Needs more quartz

They increased the singularity clear bonus to 10 quartz. There's your quartz. :colbert:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Used two tickets and got my 5th Romulus (love that guy) and my first 5*, which is Vlad. I gotta say I'm pretty content with this considering I've also got Heracles, so I'm ready for the next event.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

A Bystander posted:

Used two tickets and got my 5th Romulus (love that guy) and my first 5*, which is Vlad. I gotta say I'm pretty content with this considering I've also got Heracles, so I'm ready for the next event.

I decided to let myself fall to temptation after reading this comment and somehow ended up getting Altera from my sixth and last ticket. :stare: So uh, thanks I guess?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Finally got the last Berserker Piece to ascend Lancelot to 60 :toot:

He's gonna make some mighty fine dango, I think.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Compendium posted:

The story for this year's summer event is fun in terms of story and it isn't a chore to figure out where to grind bc there aren't a lot of event drops that you need (just the plates, wheels, and junk parts) unlike the previous summer where you needed a whole bunch of stuff and keep track of what servants increased what drop.

Needs more quartz

Yeah, the only thing crap about Dead Heat so far is the lack of quartz rewards. Four quartz total and no tickets is not a great feel.

But the plot's by turns hilarious, adorable and occasionally moving, and it's a great ride. Looking forward to the part 1 finale when the last leg ends.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Boudica's stuff in part 2 and Moriarty in general have been my favorite parts so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

taser rates posted:

Boudica's stuff in part 2 and Moriarty in general have been my favorite parts so far.

boudica being in the avenger class made me want a boudica alter

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, the only thing crap about Dead Heat so far is the lack of quartz rewards. Four quartz total and no tickets is not a great feel.

But the plot's by turns hilarious, adorable and occasionally moving, and it's a great ride. Looking forward to the part 1 finale when the last leg ends.

Wait, four quartz? I've only gotten like two i think

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Wait, four quartz? I've only gotten like two i think

There was a story quest in each round that awarded a quartz on completion, I think. I assume you needed to complete them before the round ended?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

There was a story quest in each round that awarded a quartz on completion, I think. I assume you needed to complete them before the round ended?

Weird, i farmed a bunch during every round, but i only ever saw like one of those mid-round quests

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Weird, i farmed a bunch during every round, but i only ever saw like one of those mid-round quests

They appeared about halfway through the rounds, so if you were unlucky with the timing you could have missed them.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

They appeared about halfway through the rounds, so if you were unlucky with the timing you could have missed them.

One just popped up for me in this round, so i guess i missed a couple. Which means that not only does this event have really lacking rewards, they're also very easily missable.

Not gonna lie, this is shaping up to be my least favorite event ever

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Freak Futanari posted:

One just popped up for me in this round, so i guess i missed a couple. Which means that not only does this event have really lacking rewards, they're also very easily missable.

Not gonna lie, this is shaping up to be my least favorite event ever

The quartz are literally unmissable because you have to proceed through each leg of the race in order to catch up

you probably just forgot you got them

also this event is Good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Outside of some of the story beats, this event has been slow and kinda lame. It's not awful but waiting for every single racer to cross the line takes forever and a lot of the nodes just take too long to finish with maximizing drops so it's just real unfun to do much of anything even if it's not hard. The thing I've had the most fun with is Zerker Nobu and the Fran and Helena teams otherwise I've felt pretty whatever above everything.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Finished up Septem and I didn't realize that its the last story mission available. Saving up my rock candy stars for whatever the next event may be. I guess I'll starting grinding out material for ascensions. I personally feel like they hand out quartz at a very slow rate. Compared to say Fire Emblem Heroes where it only takes 20 orbs to roll and the game practically throws them at you its still a hard gatcha to get what you want. Here I feel like eventually the gatcha poll will be just as large as FEH but its more a risk to roll since its 30 rock candies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the other hand you cant get an utterly useless -attack +res hercules or whatever in this game, so its still one million times better than fe heroes

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Finished up Septem and I didn't realize that its the last story mission available. Saving up my rock candy stars for whatever the next event may be. I guess I'll starting grinding out material for ascensions. I personally feel like they hand out quartz at a very slow rate. Compared to say Fire Emblem Heroes where it only takes 20 orbs to roll and the game practically throws them at you its still a hard gatcha to get what you want. Here I feel like eventually the gatcha poll will be just as large as FEH but its more a risk to roll since its 30 rock candies.

The gatchas work very differently so it's hard to compare them, but if you're looking for a specific 5* unit I believe your odds work out at about 7% from 30 quartz versus something like 5% from 20 orbs? So the currencies are - in some incredibly vague way - about equally valuable.

edit: Also 10-rolls in this are a lot less important than 5-rolls in fire emblem, since they only slightly improve the 4* CE and 3* Servant odds rather than reducing costs. Doing single or ticket rolls is completely fine.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 14, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't play much FEH but it weirdly makes characters and rarity separate then adds IVs on top, which is way different than 5*s being pretty drat rare but there still being a dependable stock of 1-3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're totally different games that it's kinda pointless to compare outside of being gacha, because they're going for different things.

The main things that FEH has is they give like 5 times the amount of free summon currency and "upgrading" characters is not grinding for low rate materials.

One is a 10 minute burst game, one is basically a console game that murders your battery.