Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

rudatron posted:

(that have white supremacist gangs to protect them)

people said the same thing about dylan roof but iirc some dude beat the gently caress out of him and he got thousands of dollars in his commissary from a kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I forgot that, that was funny.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Al! posted:

i know this is "not an argument" but ick

I agree, but that's how it works. Fewer dead people in the long run, but that's cold comfort to the people who lose someone.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
waiting now for the alt-right infighting to escalate

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What happened to the woke brands thread?

Edit: Found it

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

https://twitter.com/vickymattson/status/896584858981457920

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

obviously brainwashed by the purring jew

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/SherylNYT/status/896575560650035200

gently caress. YOU.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Yeah I saw this tweet and I'm like how the gently caress do you get to be a pulitzer prize winning journalist and end up being so loving tone deaf? gently caress these newspapers.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

The Oakland march is blocking a highway.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/dailycal/videos/?ref=page_internal

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

all I'm seeing is the one

there's probably some confusion between "three total dead (so far), one in attack and the two helicopter cops" and "three killed by attack"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

was thernovith the one that lived off alimony for a while

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

yeah

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

all I'm seeing is the one

there's probably some confusion between "three total dead (so far), one in attack and the two helicopter cops" and "three killed by attack"

who gives a poo poo

if they blame the alt right for the cops dying they're gonna get crucified

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
From leftypol:

lmao

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

he lives off alimony to this day (and he also lives in his car)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

From leftypol:

lmao

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I'm little cuck flag

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I'm the stream of fire.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scent of Worf posted:

From leftypol:

lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/896603496878809088

America's Leading Mindset Expert Has Encounter With Nazis He Created, Maintains Dumbass Ignorance Defense

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Zikan posted:

America's Leading Mindset Expert Has Encounter With Nazis He Created, Maintains Dumbass Ignorance Defense

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Zikan posted:

I'm not a Nazi, I'm not a Nazi I scream as I am beaten to death.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What happened I was gone all day

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

So, in terms of rallies and protests, people may feel scared and intimidated in terms of going. That's OK. You need to do what you need to do to feel safe and secure.

However, there's still a lot you can do that doesn't put you in the streets directly.

Some things:

Donate to the National Lawyers Guild; they often provide Legal Observers at protests.

Show up early and hand out water and/or granola bars and/or other food. Sometimes, Food Not Bombs will go to larger actions. Also, earplugs are good to hand out to fellow protesters; they are inexpensive and portable. You can just show up, donate stuff, and split.

See if you can work as Jail Support.

See if you can find streams, and forward them online. This is something I do a lot.

If you have a friend/family member who wants to go to a protest, but they can't for some reason, help them. If they have kids, babysit for them. If they need bus fare or transpo, help provide that. I'm not going to the protest tomorrow in Seattle, as I'm helping out a Clergy member who wants to go instead. They need someone to stay with a relative; I'm volunteering to do that.

If you are not a PoC, do some of the work of talking to your friends and relatives as to why Nazis are bad, and why what happened was an extremely hosed up thing. Don't make them do all the work.

If there are local organizations in your area doing anti-racist work, donate time and/or money to them. It may not be as sexy as blockading a highway, but it needs to be done. Same with antifacist groups.

Support antiracist and/or antifacist art, music, literature, etc.

Blogs can still be powerful, especially if you have a unique viewpoint you can bring to the table.

Hopefully, some of this will help.
Sometimes, an activist friend just needs to decompress to someone over a cup of coffee. See if you can be that person.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

the nazis publicly came out as literal terrorists

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I will destroy Nazis.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

What was supposed to be a normal day of political violence was ruined by vehicular homicide, and tolerance for Nazis and "both sides do it" Libs is zero.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The best timeline is where this squealing pig is dragged into the street from his gaming chair, and beaten with pool cues until he pisses himself.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/896502722849058821

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Oh yeah - something else that'll help in future protests.

Take a First Aid class, and get CPR certified. It's a good idea anyways, but the more people who know how to use these skills in a protest setting, the better. If you're employed, sometimes your employer will pay for you to get the training done, in case there's an emergency at work.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I will destroy Nazis.

Yes.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
lol if meme culture sparks Civil War II

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/896613864674144256

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The best timeline is where this squealing pig is dragged into the street from his gaming chair, and beaten with pool cues until he pisses himself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

You know these nazis were trying their best to cloak themselves under the conservative banner.

Amazing how they lost that over the past 48 hours.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
When the Nazi's mom finds out her son is a murder Nazi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP8t_MoiDRc

Well this is awkward...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Scent of Worf posted:

From leftypol:

lmao