Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

General Olloth posted:

There are two entire armies without any psykers though. :confused:

I'm talking more armies that have the option, choose not to use them, then complain when they get done over by that unit type (psyker/flyer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Pacific North West goons:

I'm travelling to Portland and Seattle in a few days from Australia, and need to buy a bunch of 40K stuff because, well, cheap.

Are there any good independent stockists in Oregon that you can recommend for me to buy from?

Cheers

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Lootas put out enough weight offire, at long enough range, and with good enough weapons that they can put the hurt on flyers.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Yeast posted:

I'm travelling to Portland and Seattle in a few days from Australia, and need to buy a bunch of 40K stuff because, well, cheap.

Are there any good independent stockists in Oregon that you can recommend for me to buy from?

Cheers

Guardian Games is basically the go-to in Portland.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

panascope posted:

Looks perfect, thanks!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Just got out of a casual 1500 tournament, went 3-0 with Primaris: Captain, Lieutenant, Librarian, Apothecary, Ancient, two units of Intercessors, unit of Hellblasters and a Repulsor.

loving Hellblasters are worth their weight in /gold/.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SRM posted:

Lootas put out enough weight offire, at long enough range, and with good enough weapons that they can put the hurt on flyers.

Do they, though?

15 lootas average 5 hits. If it's T6 or less that's about 3 1/3 armor saves, a T7 stormhawk or stormraven is 2 1/2 armor saves. And it's only AP-1.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

raverrn posted:

Just got out of a casual 1500 tournament, went 3-0 with Primaris: Captain, Lieutenant, Librarian, Apothecary, Ancient, two units of Intercessors, unit of Hellblasters and a Repulsor.

loving Hellblasters are worth their weight in /gold/.

I'm assuming you ran 10, with the Apoth and Ancient nearby? Which guns did you use?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jadarx posted:

For Chaos, I'm not. This game my havocs couldn't hit or put more than 1 wound on a flyer. The frustration was more due to the Konor mission for this week.

Orks are more my concern, due to the need for 6+. I'll look into Stormboyz or DeffKopta.

Or Skorcha buggies. The -1 to hit isn't a concern if you're not rolling to hit in the first place.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm assuming you ran 10, with the Apoth and Ancient nearby? Which guns did you use?

Yeah, all three squads were full 10. Hellblasters were the rapid fire guns, while one squad of Intercessors was Stalker rifles. Those guys I combat-squadded to stand on backfield objectives.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
A green tide flying up on rocket packs and mass careening into a ship until they bring it down with wild swings is the Orkiest thing I can imagine.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

Guardian Games will likely have what he's looking for in stock. They keep a huge amount of models on shelf.

If you know exactly what you want and have a week's notice you can contact some of the smaller shops and have them order the models for you. Some places will offer up to 20-25% off of retail in those cases.

Mythic Realms in Vancouver and Red Castle Games in Portland come to mind.

koreban fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 13, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Dice Age in Vancouver is pretty great too, they have a ton of older stuff and a bunch of great terrain kits.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Yeast posted:

Cheers

I go to Mox Boarding House in Seattle but its stock gets stripped out pretty bad since 8th. It doesn't have a large section to begin with.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Not sure about 40k in particular but Card Kingdom in Seattle is great for most gaming stuff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

raverrn posted:

Yeah, all three squads were full 10. Hellblasters were the rapid fire guns, while one squad of Intercessors was Stalker rifles. Those guys I combat-squadded to stand on backfield objectives.

Did you like the rapid fire or stalker rifles more, or do you think it's better to have a mix between squads?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Not sure about 40k in particular but Card Kingdom in Seattle is great for most gaming stuff.

Yeah they rebranded to Mox Boarding House to match the other location. Good store overall.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

General Olloth posted:

Yeah they rebranded to Mox Boarding House to match the other location. Good store overall.

Oh I didn't know those were the same people.

genola
Apr 7, 2011
I really cannot listen to the 40k badcast while I paint because I shake way too much from laughing.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Do the Strategems that reference Vindicators, Predators, Whirlwinds, etc, work on all variants of that unit? Like, can you use Linebreaker with 3 Vindicator Laser Destroyers, or Datalink Telemetry with a Whirlwind Scorpius?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

jadarx posted:

I'm not really refusing to use flyers. I just don't think they fit the scale of the game and would prefer not to run them. But that ship has long since sailed it seems.

Could you run a contemptor mortis or deredeo? Those do well against fliers if you can take them in 40k. There's also the hellblade.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JoshTheStampede posted:

Do the Strategems that reference Vindicators, Predators, Whirlwinds, etc, work on all variants of that unit? Like, can you use Linebreaker with 3 Vindicator Laser Destroyers, or Datalink Telemetry with a Whirlwind Scorpius?

I think it runs off the keyword, so if they have PREDATOR as a keyword or something then yes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/896658911348109312

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
WH Community Necromunda article, with pics of minis
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

seriously just loving calm down for a bit GW, I only JUST finished painting Dark Imperium.

(I hope there's still some really goofy looking Goliaths you can build with the multipart kit)

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
New Eschers :toot:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Texmo posted:

(I hope there's still some really goofy looking Goliaths you can build with the multipart kit)

:D

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
omfg

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I hope it's cross compatible with Shadow War, but I'm excited regardless.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Oh man I hope Spyre Hunters are a thing again

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Do it, GW. GIve us plastic Scavvies.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Plastic Delaques would actually make me give GW money.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Happy days are here again.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Holy poo poo yes! I cannot wait to get me some new redeemers and start SCOURGE AND PURGING again!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Hell loving yes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

As exciting as a new Necromunda sounds, I figure it'll just be another boxed set, done-in-one game. I'm skeptical that GW will put out figures for all the gangs, but I guess anything can happen in this crazy new world

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I bet it will be like Bloodbowl. They'll make the base game and maybe an extra gang or two. Then leave the rest up to Forge World.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Also explains that Rumour Mill, Escher lady with the sword's holding that laspistol.

Dittoing the hope it's compatible with Shadow War for some hilarious matchups.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Plastic Delaques would actually make me give GW money.

Well good news then! /s

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Both gangs look awesome, I'm already sold. I expect I'll get a lot of use out of Goliath bits in my Ork army too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That skull-mohawk chainaxe is some peak 40k and I love it :allears: