Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol gently caress off, her silence yesterday was enough.

She did not denounce fast enough, and she should have denounced neo-nazis before racism, but after white supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

To the Louisville crew, some brave hero vandalized the confederate statue in Cherokee park. Also, good time to write Greg Fischer and let him know that it should be melted down.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

a helpful bear posted:

Yeah i stand corrected (mostly only in America) but the point that you should gently caress off stands because you're sympathetic towards violent, vile rhetoric that 99% of people would find no use besides inciting violence and discrimination.

It's not sympathy at the rhetoric, it's to defend the Constitutional protections from being torn apart by carving out ever growing exceptions.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

what does the 2nd amendment need defending from

like one of the only real issues that came up i can think of was the gun ban for people on the no fly list, and the alcu took the side of the nra

assault weapon bans, felons being unable to possess guns, etc

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

She did not denounce fast enough, and she should have denounced neo-nazis before racism, but after white supremacy.

:thunk:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Horseshoe theory posted:

It's not sympathy at the rhetoric, it's to defend the Constitutional protections from being torn apart by carving out ever growing exceptions.

Yeah I am misdirecting my anger and apologize. I'm taking a time out. Sorry folks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Horseshoe theory posted:

what about my constitutional right to yell fire in a theater

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ilu <3

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

yeah, i started reading this yesterday

kill kill i slobbered

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

disturbing the peace is illeagle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Horseshoe theory posted:

It's especially important not to back off of Constitutional protections when the government in power is loving evil. That's who the Constitution is supposed to protect us from.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Schenck v. United States was a bad decision, just like most Supreme Court decisions.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i tend to assume that any "senior White House official" saying nazi-coddling poo poo is Miller or Bannon, not Gorka, because even Bannon stopped saying that stuff on the record after joining the administration but Gorka is proud to let his swastika flag fly on the record w his name attached

he got away with the "'v.' in the signature" thing so he knows he'll get away with anything

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

a helpful bear posted:

Yeah i stand corrected (mostly only in America) but the point that you should gently caress off stands because you're sympathetic towards violent, vile rhetoric that 99% of people would find no use besides inciting violence and discrimination.

Lol no I'm not and you should understand how rights can be eroded away once you're willing to give an inch.

We can't just go "whoops we didn't mean that to be the precedent" when BLM is banned from organizing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Matoi Ryuko posted:

disturbing the peace is illeagle

nazis: keeping the peace by hitting the gas

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

not sure anyone should be surprised by the daily stormer saying this

they really crossed the line this time!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i had to get out of the house and away from the computer for a couple hours yesterday I was so worked up

stuff like this is bad friends

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Here is an informative post about shouting fire in theaters: https://www.popehat.com/2012/09/19/three-generations-of-a-hackneyed-apologia-for-censorship-are-enough/

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

a helpful bear posted:

Yeah I am misdirecting my anger and apologize. I'm taking a time out. Sorry folks.

I respect this.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

The Human Crouton posted:

too bad the daughter of reason can't convince the dad to even lie about denouncing nazis

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

i had to get out of the house and away from the computer for a couple hours yesterday I was so worked up

I went on an awesome hate jog. Killed my usual pace.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

change my name posted:

By posting that tweet, I never meant to stir up a fight about whether the ACLU deserves to exist (it does). Here, let me try again.

https://twitter.com/splcenter/status/896370696158400512

lol goddamn

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/896783108514689024

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

g*d will punish the nazis, but in the next world only. in this world we're on our own :(

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

TFW you gently caress up your response to a national crisis so bad that your spin machine tries to get back on the topic of global nuclear war.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

if you don't get mad about the aclu supporting someone at some point they're probably loving up

getting mad about it is ok

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

nazis: keeping the peace by hitting the gas

nazis are all about gas

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

a real life face smalling

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

jarofpiss posted:

assault weapon bans, felons being unable to possess guns, etc

assault weapon bans aren't happening because they're dumb as poo poo and nobody wants them

and felons being unable to possess guns will require a legislative solution since there's no judicable standard

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

kaleedity posted:

if you don't get mad about the aclu supporting someone at some point they're probably loving up

getting mad about it is ok

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if her point is that lesbians create nazis i agree

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

change my name posted:

By posting that tweet, I never meant to stir up a fight about whether the ACLU deserves to exist (it does). Here, let me try again.

https://twitter.com/splcenter/status/896370696158400512

"just let them have their way. it'll be over soon"

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
lmao at the idiot posters a couple pages back who's response to nazis killing people is to pull funding from the aclu haha lmbo sure showed them

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I watched a few clips of Bossert and whooo boy is he loving dumb and also probably a Nazi

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

pence just gonna spend all the time in argentina out with the gouchos and probably bring home a new wife

Gonna be a tough call for him to pick between them and the Nazis to hang out with

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Is that why u said u hated me

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

ever throw a bug bomb down a drain pipe and watch the cockroaches scurry out

it kinda reminds me of that

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

I watched a few clips of Bossert and whooo boy is he loving dumb and also probably a Nazi

Why the redundancy?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The solution: 2 dads for every boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/896747118676914176

• Locked thread