Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Edit: oh, is it advisable to blow my lapis on the 5K pull when I get enough (after doing the daily 250) or is there a better use when that stacks up?

The real best use of lapis is using a macro to TM grind: 100 lapis is a full energy refill and blowing lapis for those refills grinding the earth shrine is the fastest way to grind TMs. The value of this increases over time: The efficiency of each refill increases with your rank and as you play the game more you get more pulls for more chances of getting characters with TMs to grind. It does take a good chunk of lapis* to get a full set of TMs this way though and I wouldn't recommend it for new players. It is worth getting an emulator and a macro set up at some point if even to do no-lapis-refill macro grinding at least though.

But if you want pulls then yeah, after half pulls the 5k pull is better than the 500 pull. If you're budgeting your lapis though I'd suggest waiting to see if the next week banner changes. If we get something like awakened warriors then forgoing half pulls on that banner to save lapis for a Nier 5k is better. If we do get two weeks of Nier though, well, better make sure you're doing all the dailies for lapis and doing challenges in story/vortex dungeons to squeeze out as much lapis as you can so you can do all the half pulls and a 10+1!

The other main use of lapis is expanding your storage slots which is just a thing you gotta do. Most other uses of lapis are ripoffs: Retrying (afaik this is more of a "full party heal after a wipe) an instance for 100 is real bad, especially since you can't retry any difficult content and you could just redo the instance with a full energy refresh instead. Most of the sales that you can buy with lapis are usually horrible. Once in a while we get a good one, like a 350 lapis for two summon tickets and a few other goodies but otherwise it's best not spending lapis on them.

* Here's my napkin math for TM with lapis grinding; It takes 10,000 energy to take a full set of five characters/TMs from 0 to 100%. It takes about 40 seconds for the macro to complete an Earth Shrine run, not counting things that'll slow it down like a refill prompt or other wacky server connection issues. 40s x 10,000 runs = ~6667 minutes, or 111 hours or 4.7 days. Over that time you generate 1,333 energy so you need to get the remaining 8,667 energy from refills. Each refill is worth Rank+40 (until rank 100+ where you need two ranks to get +1 energy) energy. So if you're rank 50 with max energy 90 you need 96 refills (assuming you start with full energy to save one refill) or 9600 lapis to complete one set of TMs. Adjust the number for your rank to get a broad estimate.

This is cutting a lot of corners, like there's no consideration for actually playing the game or rank up with the free refill or maintenance where you can't play/grind but accumulate energy. The lapis spent improves a lot as you rank up though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So all one has to do is get a buddy with 2b and hope the R050: Spear attack works, huh? Gonna try this tomorrow on my old-rear end grinding tablet.

I'd recommend doing a test run against Engels to make sure the Spear bug "works" first before blowing 50 energy and time spent over party composition. Also make sure the 2B doesn't have Excalibur (or another Light/Dark weapon) equipped or you have Imperil or something else to knock off AIgaion's Light immunity. I never tried to see what glitched Spear would do to him with Light immunity but I assumed it would just negate the max damage attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thanks.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So do folks here think Gumi's gonna fix A2? Kinda lame to have chased her and then have her offensive heal combo move not chain at all. And even Berserk Mode should do damage to A2, that's how it worked in the game... and the description of the move implies it should work that way here. I did submit a ticket about it and got a response that they're sending it to the proper department for investigation. Seemed like Reddit also had some people get other responses from the customer support team that sounded like they're looking at it at least. It's just a bummer to get a unit from a game I like and have it, uh, unfixed. The 2B bug also seems like a crazy thing to not fix, so surely they'll get it when they fix that?

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Said gently caress it and did one last 10+1 and got 2 9S (for a total of 3), and my THIRD Lightning since the anniversary 10+1. At least she's a decent expedition unit I guess. I really wish she at least had a good TM to farm.

It makes me kind of sick to think that I pulled like 140 times on the banner to get my 2(+) 9S'es and that was BEATING the odds. Holy poo poo, gently caress gambling. Still, I have them, got 3 new good rainbows in the bargain, and finally got a couple Guys now that I have more Eves than I could possibly need. I've also got TMR's to farm for like, the next 6 months.

Now that I actually have a couple of characters with worthwhile enhancements, how does the whole 'use Xon to get more enhancement materials' thing work? Do I just bring him to story event dungeons that drop what I want and get extra drop rolls?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Facebook has locked me out again. This time they want me to enter a security code that they text me. None of the codes they sent me would let me past their security check. Eventually the button to send a new code quit sending me a new code. I sent them a trouble ticket for help, but I have no idea what the status is.

I hate Facebook so loving much.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Rocketpriest posted:

Now that I actually have a couple of characters with worthwhile enhancements, how does the whole 'use Xon to get more enhancement materials' thing work? Do I just bring him to story event dungeons that drop what I want and get extra drop rolls?

Yep. The levels alternate between dropping White / Black / Green / Healing and Power / Guard / Support / Tech, with the last one (Beginning of the End) dropping P/G/S/T. Multiple Xons increase the chances of extra drops, but the bosses are strong enough that I don't risk running more than 1 Xon.

Farming the story event is much easier if you can run the Zargabaath + Tilith combo, where Tilith does Prism Heal at the same time as Zarg does Rejuvenate on Tilith, while you have everyone else to do AOE attacks that cost less than 50mp and have Xon waylay for extra gil. Once that is done you can hit repeat on each level and you should get to the end boss stage with full HP/MP. This is the other reason I have a 100% evasion Zarg up as my friend unit.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp I put my lame 2B up as the leader. 846,222,577.

I'll get the robot weapons soon enough, I think.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, the raid summon is making me swim in Beastlord/Virtuous Contract TMs. I think I've gotten one of each of the others so far.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

Man, the raid summon is making me swim in Beastlord/Virtuous Contract TMs. I think I've gotten one of each of the others so far.

I've gotten 3 Eve mogs. One for each of the Eves that sniped away a good unit! :negative: Also, I'm getting many more Virtuous Contract TMs than Beastlord, myself.

But more than any moogles: Adams. Adams for days.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 13, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm over 50% on my TM for 2B. Definitely my most common moogle pull.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

KataraniSword posted:

I've gotten 3 Eve mogs. One for each of the Eves that sniped away a good unit! :negative: Also, I'm getting many more Virtuous Contract TMs than Beastlord, myself.

But more than any moogles: Adams. Adams for days.

and adam rocked my world i was his biggest fan

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Armitage posted:

Yeah, they definitely weight the TMs heavily towards the 5* ones. That way, you're either forced to either keep 20 of each (and spend Lapis on the box space needed to keep them), or sell them and risk not having them if you roll the 5* character later, after the event has ended. Stupid Reberta and her stupid Crimson Blood lance

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Pretty sure nier is limited, you won't see these guys again.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Welp pulled a 2B but don't have any spare Cactuars again. Tried to use the Spear bug on my phone but just get a bunch of 1s.

Anyone noticed another bug with 2B's abilities after using Pod Charge while wearing Ring of the Lucii? Specifically, when I use a 2B and use Pod Charge, the R050 Spear abilities and whatever change to Charge Spear, etc. If 2B is wearing a Ring of the Lucii and gets hit, she will counter with Holy. I guess that counterattack counts as the next turn, so when I try to use Charge Spear, it doesn't show up in the ability list. I guess this might be an issue involving any sequential abilities plus special counters that break the chain? So annoying :mad:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Does anyone have updated Memu macros to get around the new "please login again" issues?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
is that why i keep coming back to mine stuck at town of sian

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BDawg posted:

Does anyone have updated Memu macros to get around the new "please login again" issues?

Cry Havoc posted:

is that why i keep coming back to mine stuck at town of sian

Same thing happening on Nox. I don't think there's much we can do about it though because the issue seems to be that when you log in and your recent data is reset clicking world sends you to the most recent story section you completed.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

Same thing happening on Nox. I don't think there's much we can do about it though because the issue seems to be that when you log in and your recent data is reset clicking world sends you to the most recent story section you completed.

Ah, didn't know it was a saved location. That's what I get for progressing past Earth Shrine.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

It'd be nice if the pubbies in my friend's list would equip their units with paralysis resist so I don't wipe on Engels.

But that's pubbies for you.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

PDQ Law posted:

Farming the story event is much easier if you can run the Zargabaath + Tilith combo, where Tilith does Prism Heal at the same time as Zarg does Rejuvenate on Tilith, while you have everyone else to do AOE attacks that cost less than 50mp and have Xon waylay for extra gil. Once that is done you can hit repeat on each level and you should get to the end boss stage with full HP/MP. This is the other reason I have a 100% evasion Zarg up as my friend unit.

Why yes, I think I'll be doing this exact thing; my exceptional healer/support pull luck is gonna serve me well here. Once I'm not spending my energy on gil snappers I'm gonna start doing this (dropping 4 mil in enhancments for Luneth and Dark Fina will put a huge dent in my already dwindling gil supply). I should have thought of that, because that combo saved my rear end on Aigaion. Then again, I've been trying my very hardest to forget spending an entire morning on that loving robot fight.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Benthalus posted:

It'd be nice if the pubbies in my friend's list would equip their units with paralysis resist so I don't wipe on Engels.

Just have a unit with the ability to status heal. Anyone can use Rikku's pouch.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.

Benthalus posted:

Just bring Ling™

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Lakshmi has the paralyze resist also.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

enahs posted:

Just bring Ling™
Just bring Zarg™
(Arcadian Light is 60% all stats and resistance to multiple ailments, I never even noticed the latter till this fight)

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just one round him ffs

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
This, but not everyone has the firepower.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Revvik posted:

Just one round him ffs

Why gee, that would be nice, lemme just bring out my 5* DPS. Oh. Hi Lightning. Yeeeeeah. Massive Friend A2s can only take me so far. 3 turns is the fastest I can do. 6 turns is often the case, especially if it's a 2B instead of an A2.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh poo poo, I realize that I need equipment and cactuses badly.

Do I just run ADV or... because my team so far is.... not really doing much. Can get under 5 Turns but I still eat balls.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rocketpriest posted:

Why yes, I think I'll be doing this exact thing; my exceptional healer/support pull luck is gonna serve me well here. Once I'm not spending my energy on gil snappers I'm gonna start doing this (dropping 4 mil in enhancments for Luneth and Dark Fina will put a huge dent in my already dwindling gil supply). I should have thought of that, because that combo saved my rear end on Aigaion. Then again, I've been trying my very hardest to forget spending an entire morning on that loving robot fight.

Three or four visits to the hardest Gil Snapper dungeon will net you around a million Gil, if money is a thing you're worried about.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. FissSA's 9S came up while I was at work today, so I took him to the ELT Raid. He was perfect dodging, but doing piss-poor damage. And Pod Charge wasn't changing his skills. So, after using a Pod Charge, and still nothing changing, I said gently caress it, and use R050: Spear.

:stare:

The bug kicked in for me, and it was glorious! :black101:

Also, this is my average Raid Summon

I'm O.K. with this, though, because Expeditions have eaten into my Gil stash.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 13, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Do I just run ADV or... because my team so far is.... not really doing much. Can get under 5 Turns but I still eat balls.

Do the hardest level you can do safely (and have the time/will to do). Even if you can only do ADV it's still summon orbs for cactuars for EXP, gil turtles for cash, and magicite for powering up espers. Plus rank exp which gives refills for more orbs and energy. You don't have to clean out the raid rewards, even getting 1.9 million raid points will get you a +105 ATK katana as a guaranteed reward as long as you save enough mats from the raid summon to craft it.

In the meantime some players here have units built to solo the Gilgamesh trial. Hopefully one of them will post their friend code, send them an invite and when you see them on your friend list go punch Gilgamesh with them. Make a party of some disposable units but not a full party for the party of 5 or less challenge, turn off auto use limit breaks in the options (I'm not sure if this is required but I've always suggested it to be certain), hit Auto and let their unit just smack Gilgamesh for 40m or so to kill him. If you can time a limit break to finish him (when Gilgamesh has barely or no life left on his bar, but it's tricky) you'll also get a +10% TM moogle. Either way you'll get a Genji Blade (+107 ATK katana), ATK+30% materia, and Bushido Freedom, an AoE attack that also dispels all status effects. The katana and materia on 2B will help your own attack at least. Between the Genji Blade, the Cruel Oath if you can get 1.9M raid points, and 2B's own katana if you get enough moogles for it you'll be set for katanas for a while!

Some people have a perfect dodge and paralysis immune units that can solo elite Engels too (although like Greg it'll take time). I got one and I sent you a friend request, IGN Buttz. Or if not ELT then at least should chew through PRO.

If anybody else needs a perfect dodge w/ paralysis immunity 2B send me a friend request: 479,088,281

e: also no holy weapon if you need her to cheese the Aigaion trial

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 13, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Also, this is my average Raid Summon

Swap the Adam and the turtles, and that's what I've been pulling lately. I assume Adam isn't in the pool until you hit him in the progression rewards? I saw none until then and now he's more common than Magikarp.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

Some people have a perfect dodge and paralysis immune units that can solo elite Engels too (although like Greg it'll take time). I got one and I sent you a friend request, IGN Buttz. Or if not ELT then at least should chew through PRO.

634,188,308 for my Gilgamesh-killer Fohlen. Kicked one of the few pubbies still on my list off just now...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Swap the Adam and the turtles, and that's what I've been pulling lately. I assume Adam isn't in the pool until you hit him in the progression rewards? I saw none until then and now he's more common than Magikarp.

Oh, no, he is. I got about five before I got a sixth through score.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Chasiu posted:

Welp pulled a 2B but don't have any spare Cactuars again. Tried to use the Spear bug on my phone but just get a bunch of 1s.

If you're getting 1s you're golden. Just force close the app and restart a few times till it kicks in.

For Agaion you can use Pod Charge first then one shot both arms and the body with one Spear. I haven't figured out what setup to bring to survive long enough to charge an esper for the Fist Mastery yet though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Oh, no, he is. I got about five before I got a sixth through score.

Weird then. I guess I just have bizzarre RNG.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BDawg posted:

This, but not everyone has the firepower.

I remember the days before I pulled Orlandu (and the Olive a few pulls before him :v:). Those were dark, dark days.

It might be possible for anyone to one round him, or do enough damage to get more medals than PRO, if they can setup any sort of chain for max multiplier (Edgars with coral swords, Setzers, etc) and bring swole finisher friends. Use attack song and imperil from espers, plus whatever defense break you can, and if you're able to bring a 1k+ damage Olive buddy (or Aileen, maybe, due to killers?) then they should hit for upwards of 2 million damage, maybe more, when finishing the chain? :shrug:

Kheldarn posted:

Expeditions make me glad I sold mountains of raid coins back when they were worth more (and better gill than summoning for turtles) because I just checked my gil total and I'm pretty sure I've spent 2-3 million on explorations so far. And with the recent changes I'm going to burn gill faster probably since A-S ranks are worth running due to hitting 80-100% success rates on them with well geared characters. Even dumping a bunch of prior event gear (and 4x Thancred TMs) on to Jake gives him 10-11% on his S rank expeditions now while before the changes he had maybe 4-6%? I don't doubt whales with piles of TM gear and materia can easily hit 100% success on S ranks now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
As a relatively new player who can't kill ELT Engel, try to get a few people on your friends list with A2 or 2B set up for max dodge and paralyze immunity. You can just hit auto attack and go make a sandwich. It's really nice.

Or if you can get the 2B bug working on an older device that one shots the event boss too.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

widespread posted:

Sent you a friend req with my 100% evasion Zargabaath (IGN: PDQ). He can solo Engels ELT in about 20 min on auto, faster if you actively use his skills or if you can self-graviga to trigger his +80% atk buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Also look for Tidus, at worst Tidus has innate paralyze immunity and a bit of dodge to help keep himself alive, but there are some people that build theirs for 100% dodge and he can still get a pretty high ATK.

• Locked thread