Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
just quit your job dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

Sounds like you're really bad at playing video games, actually.

Don't say that about another human being. Show some decency.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bill Barber posted:

ask me about my worthless white noise posting in games

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who the gently caress would build the insides of a giant camel robot like this

The worst part of it is the boss fight. gently caress that lighting loving bastard and the timing for counters that refused to ever register. That was hands down the hardest boss fight in the game for me and only some ill-prepared Lynel fights came close in difficulty.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The accidental hard drops in Tetris are brutal.

:yeah:

I only have the PPT demo but the difference between the pro D-pad and my NES30 Pro, or a joycon, is extremely clear.

Pro controller is great for BotW, MK8DX, and Disgaea 5 though.

Also holy poo poo I forgot that :siren: Shovel Knight is free as a DLC character for Blaster Master until the 16th. :siren:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mister Facetious posted:

"GameMill™ - We just churn it out!"

Please don't buy games from game mills, they always have issues later in life. Get your games from a responsible developer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

You really are a dumbass, thanks for not helping as usual.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Why can't I buy a switch on Amazon

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GoldfishStew posted:

Because they know what you've done.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GoldfishStew posted:

They're currently out of stock.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

There’s plenty of Switches on Amazon, you’re just going to pay out the nose for them because :capitalism:

I just ordered mine from Gamestop; You have to get a bundle but it’s all stuff I’d be buying anyway so I don’t mind. They also gave me ridiculous trade-in credit for my og PS4.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Every time Amazon has some they're gone in less than an hour. I'm guessing they'll have a new batch when Rabbits hits.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

They're currently out of stock.

I don't believe you

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Walked into my local Target, picked up a Neon Switch + Pro Controller.

:feelsgood:

Got a screen protector, case, and memory card coming in tomorrow! Going to go all digital baby!

Also downloaded MK8 which myself and daughter love. What a fun game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe that cheap pro controller is good. Maybe I'll pick it up

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Anyone notice their joysticks getting a rough feel to them, almost grainy when you rotate the stick? I've been using my second pair of joycons and just picked up the ones that came with my unit and the stick noticeably feels "worn". There's also noticeably more give when you click the stick in. Kind of a bummer because I like them better (neon!) I haven't dropped it or anything.

Between that and how springy/clicky the shoulder buttons feel I'm pretty disappointed in the build quality of the joycons. It's not like they're cheap either.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Anyone have a photo of the neon yellow joy cons attached to a switch?

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

BoyBlunder posted:

Walked into my local Target, picked up a Neon Switch + Pro Controller.

:feelsgood:

Got a screen protector, case, and memory card coming in tomorrow! Going to go all digital baby!

Also downloaded MK8 which myself and daughter love. What a fun game.

Seriously, check your local Target. I was in one last night that had three gray Switches sitting in the case. For any LI goons, this is the Target next to Roosevelt Field mall, across from AMC Raceway.

They also had a bunch of the new Amiibo (Corrin & Bayonetta) for people looking to grab those.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

What's the best memory card to get for a switch?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Tekopo posted:

Purchase every game on it's own, separate memory card. You can get them preloaded in stores with a case specific to the game that is on it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Tekopo posted:

128 seems like the best price:size ratio at the moment, but they're all the same in terms of quality as long as you're getting a name brand. Just look for whatever one is cheapest at the moment.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

That's actually terrible advice in my experience, given the number of low quality brands that will corrupt or just straight up lie about their capacity. You def. want a reputable brand. Samsung or SanDisk, and not from eBay or a third party seller on Amazon.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

RZA Encryption posted:

That's actually terrible advice in my experience, given the number of low quality brands that will corrupt or just straight up lie about their capacity. You def. want a reputable brand. Samsung or SanDisk, and not from eBay or a third party seller on Amazon.
That's what name brand means...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there clothing that will let me climb in the rain?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nope!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Guy Goodbody posted:

For a second I thought this post was about Splatoon.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I was joking about the "Happy Brother's Day!" news/ad thing back in June, and I just got it again. There's still only one Mario game on the Switch, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

that sucks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yo can I talk about smash here

starting to get more into and hosting small gatherings. I have a wii-u with the pro controllers, figured I should invest in an adapter and some Gamecube controllers.

Seeing a lot of conflicting information online. First off, will I be fine with the wavebirds? I have a lot of electronics and I know they're 2.4 ghz or w/e.

See some info to avoid the newer smash controllers, gamble with an older gamecube controller, find the 2008 white Japanese one. Which should I be buying? Looking at wavebirds for convenience, not trying to compete or anything. They work fine with a wii-u and adapter?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

jokes posted:

I had some friends over and we played Snipperclips as the 4 of us it was very fun. Having two Joy-Con sets is really great for having fun with friends on the Switch because you can play 2-player games with 2 full-size controllers (provided you get the grip thing) and then snap out for 4 uniform controllers for 4 player mode like in Mario Kart.

In other words, Switch is really great and I want more games.

I was visiting my neice yesterday and remembered my switch (just the handheld) was still in my car, so I busted it out and we played impromptu Mario Kart 8 split screen with online multiplayer and it was awesome. We bonded over getting our butts kicked by way better players.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I stopped,playing Zelda because I'm moving to Melbourne in less than two months and will want to play it on my commute to and from work.

I initially had that same plan. Wanted to conserve Zelda for travel use only, which I do a good amount of. Then I realized that the game has way too many hours of content, and its the type of game you play for 3-6 hours per session, and that I have several other Switch games that I can rely on for travel use if need be. So im going balls deep with Breath of The Wild and havent looked back.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A bunch of my Nintendo club coins whatever they're called now expired without me realizing. There's nothing to spend them on for switch!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yo can I talk about smash here

starting to get more into and hosting small gatherings. I have a wii-u with the pro controllers, figured I should invest in an adapter and some Gamecube controllers.

Seeing a lot of conflicting information online. First off, will I be fine with the wavebirds? I have a lot of electronics and I know they're 2.4 ghz or w/e.

See some info to avoid the newer smash controllers, gamble with an older gamecube controller, find the 2008 white Japanese one. Which should I be buying? Looking at wavebirds for convenience, not trying to compete or anything. They work fine with a wii-u and adapter?

Wavenirds work but have input delay if that matters.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Smash gets ported to the Switch quick just so people don't have to deal with tracking down Gamecube controllers

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a.lo posted:

Maybe that cheap pro controller is good. Maybe I'll pick it up

You could wait for the SNES Pro whenever those go on sale. It's 3rd party but cheaper and is being made with Switch use in mind, unlike the NES 30 pro (which is also pretty good).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wavenirds work but have input delay if that matters.

is that really a thing besides being purely anecdotal? I get at the professional level because of interference etc

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope Smash gets ported to the Switch quick just so people don't have to deal with tracking down Gamecube controllers

But then everyone would just protest until they made a GC adapter 🤔 also lol @ $90 controllers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is that really a thing besides being purely anecdotal? I get at the professional level because of interference etc

It's not particularly significant but it's noticeable if you're playing "seriously".

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

That's what name brand means...

quote:

Just look for whatever one is cheapest at the moment.

This is the part I took issue with. There are so many counterfeit SD cards with "name brands" that just going by brand isn't enough. Buy trusted, not cheap.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is that 8bitdo SNES controller going to have gyro controls?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Frankston posted:

Is that 8bitdo SNES controller going to have gyro controls?
No gyro or nfc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

A bunch of my Nintendo club coins whatever they're called now expired without me realizing. There's nothing to spend them on for switch!

"Switch rewards coming soon" I don't understand why Nintendo lies. At this point I'm not going to get the points off any of my physical games until Switch rewards are out. The rewards will probably be small discounts on games I own

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i miss club nintendo

• Locked thread