Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Doom (2016). I don't know how to feel about it. When it was good it was really good, but when it was bad it was really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21.3) Sonic 3 & Amy Rose

She's a really fun character, and its pretty interesting to play S3&K without being able to spin. But that's probably enough S3&K for now. Eight days until Mania

Soral
May 30, 2009

miitopia

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I beat Path of Exile Acts 1-10.

It was really good. It's only my second time ever playing but I had a blast. All the new bosses are fun, and even though the new acts mostly just recycle environments, the new encounters and areas go a long way to getting rid of fatigue.

IDK if I really want to map or keep playing tbh. I went SRS and its pretty boring and it seems like all the items I need are very expensive.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

4 games.

Will update when I beat 5th.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Illusion of Gaia

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finally stopped dyin to the last boss of persona 5. 105 hours playtime, 14 confidants maxed. th scenario writing got a little weak towards the end but the characters are great, th aesthetic rules, the mechanics are tight, nd rivers in the desert is one of the best boss songs ever, good fuckin game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

beat hollow knight too, really fuckin good game. best metroidvania ive played that isn't a metroid or castlevania

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario 64. Just 70 stars, although for the hell of it I got the 70th in Bowser's final level as just to show him I was restraining my full power.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

finally stopped dyin to the last boss of persona 5. 105 hours playtime, 14 confidants maxed. th scenario writing got a little weak towards the end but the characters are great, th aesthetic rules, the mechanics are tight, nd rivers in the desert is one of the best boss songs ever, good fuckin game

Nice. It was the first SMT game I ever beat and it's now of my favorite games of all time. I'm playing Persona 4 Golden and it's really drat good too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
p4g is awesome .. on the whole i actually like p4 a little more than 5. but im a country boy so thats my kind of scenery

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I beat Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers from the Disney Afternoon Collection. Really short and easy but there's sort of an alternate route for like an hour's replayability. Still has that neat early 90's Capcom game design. Held up in quality from my childhood though of course when I was a kid it was way harder. Play it with children and inexperienced gamer life partners. I'll probably go through and beat everything in the collection, I'm pretty sure of the quality of all the games but Talespin, which I never liked and i know nothing about the game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

codenameFANGIO posted:

I beat Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers from the Disney Afternoon Collection. Really short and easy but there's sort of an alternate route for like an hour's replayability. Still has that neat early 90's Capcom game design. Held up in quality from my childhood though of course when I was a kid it was way harder. Play it with children and inexperienced gamer life partners. I'll probably go through and beat everything in the collection, I'm pretty sure of the quality of all the games but Talespin, which I never liked and i know nothing about the game.
The Mickey Mouse game for GameBoy was one of my favorite games as a child and I remember playing it a ton and only ever making it to like the 3rd level of whatever and then I saw a speedrun of it at a recent GDQ and I was wondering if I just imagined it was really hard because I was kid or if I'm actually incredibly poo poo at video games.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

The Mickey Mouse game for GameBoy was one of my favorite games as a child and I remember playing it a ton and only ever making it to like the 3rd level of whatever and then I saw a speedrun of it at a recent GDQ and I was wondering if I just imagined it was really hard because I was kid or if I'm actually incredibly poo poo at video games.

It's because your mentally retarded

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

15. Bayonetta 2

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I beat Shadow of Mordor, which had some cool systems that I hardly ever wanted to engage with but was pretty mediocre over all, then I beat Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers 2, which was slightly but not much worse than the first one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2 Single Player. The final boss is kind of lame compared to 1 but it has cool music so it's a wash

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Beat Dead Rising 4 a while back. I liked it. A lot better than 3.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
system shock 2!!!
finally, after stopping 8 years ago, the nightmare is over...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
this has been a good year so far for my finished games:

1. Jammer Lammy
2. Toejam and Earl
3. Talos Principle
4. Nuclear Throne
5. Hexcells Infinite 100%
6. Bleed 2
7. The Witness (havent done the challenge yet, should get back to this)
8. Specter of Torment (and later on Naked Spected)
9. Burnout Paradise for the fiftieth time
10. N++ solo
11. Dark Souls
12. Vanquish
13. System Shock
14. System Shock 2

They're not that many, but I think they were all really great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i did the challenge in the witness asap cuz i knew if i came back later id have to replay the entire game to regain the skill needed

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
im not even sure what ive yet to do to unlock the challenge nor do i know what you have to do but ive heard theres some time limit thing somewhere. for what its worth i unlocked all those extra puzzles on the mountain but i havent solved that many of them i think

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Monster Hunter Frontier Z: Got five Raviente decos which give you the best skill in the game.

:c00lbert:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

23) Sonic Robo Blast 2 with Knuckles. I tried over and over but I couldn't beat the last zone as Sonic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

24) Sonic Adventure DX

2 days until mania

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Soul Blazer. First time playing it and really enjoyed it. It might even be top 10 of all time material

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I finally beat Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past after a several month hiatus and a hundred hours of playtime

I also beat Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald, but that was only like 20 minutes long.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Battle Garegga Super Easy (1CC)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cubivore_ posted:

Soul Blazer. First time playing it and really enjoyed it. It might even be top 10 of all time material
It's one of my favorites of the era. If I don't get a chance to replay it I still make a point to revisit the amazing soundtrack every once in a while.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Battle Garegga Premium (1CC)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sexy Brutale

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Arms 2

Now that I've played all of the first 3 in the series it's cool to see the steady progression and improvement of game mechanics that led to the excellent Wild Arms 3

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tales of Berseria

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mega Man 9

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic mania

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25) Sonic Mania

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

West of Loathing, single day hard mode run.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mega Man 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation

ArfJason posted:

1. Jammer Lammy
2. Toejam and Earl
3. Talos Principle
4. Nuclear Throne
5. Hexcells Infinite 100%
6. Bleed 2
7. The Witness (havent done the challenge yet, should get back to this)
8. Specter of Torment (and later on Naked Spected)
9. Burnout Paradise for the fiftieth time
10. N++ solo
11. Dark Souls
12. Vanquish
13. System Shock
14. System Shock 2

15. Sonic CD

only got 3 time stones and didnt bother searching for the past stuff. only died to metal sonic like 7 times and on a death pit in the final stage. For the classic sonic i played the least i did shockingly well and i attribute it to 60 fps + widescreen.

I'm so sad i ahve to wait 2 weeks for mania

• Locked thread