Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I read this in Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza's voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maslovo
Oct 12, 2016

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

Has Peter ever shown any talent for non-spiderman related photography?
And unless he keeps attaching his camera to walls, which he can't do if he's supposed to be teaching her, how will he explain the sudden change from his old style?
:downs: I don't think he's thought this through!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Aztec posted:

He mde this joke yeaaaars ago.

Seven year rule.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Maslovo posted:

Has Peter ever shown any talent for non-spiderman related photography?
And unless he keeps attaching his camera to walls, which he can't do if he's supposed to be teaching her, how will he explain the sudden change from his old style?
:downs: I don't think he's thought this through!

He did publish a coffee table book, but it was of his Spider-Man photos. (Which is kind of unrealistic, actually, because no loving way would JJJ ever let a freelancer retain rights to the photos he sells.)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I predicted this post when I saw the strip this morning

If I didn't love my av so much I would switch!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

So, the angle here is that Ann screws everyone over and Les is left to take the flak from his Uncle?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

Working Daze tips 10%.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is an individual, just like everybody else.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 14, 1930)

Peanuts (August 15, 1970)

I skipped a day of Sally Forth last night, so here's everything in the right order.

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

(Thimble Theater) STARRING POPEYE (March 3, 1931)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Someone's upset they bought the cheapest switch package

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

Someone's upset they bought the cheapest switch package

He thought he was buying one of those knock-off consoles with built-in old games.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wonder if Bettwy ever stops to think to himself, you know, maybe we're out of touch with the world in general and our children in particular, and maybe our parenting methods are at best neglectful.

Cause I guarantee the man hasn't thought up any punchline in the whole history of his comic strip and it's all stuff that happened in his family.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I don't think consoles have come with games by default for decades.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I wonder if Bettwy ever stops to think to himself, you know, maybe we're out of touch with the world in general and our children in particular, and maybe our parenting methods are at best neglectful.

Cause I guarantee the man hasn't thought up any punchline in the whole history of his comic strip and it's all stuff that happened in his family.

No, it's the children who are wrong.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Zereth posted:

I don't think consoles have come with games by default for decades.

It still happens. When I bought my PS4 it came with a download voucher or something for The Last of Us. It's also not unusual for some stores to have deals where you get a game with a console purchase, though mostly because they're not allowed to discount the console themselves.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

On the one hand those bundle deals seems to skew towards the adult side of games, on the other, if I think of a parent that would buy GTA V for their eleven-year-old because it's the bundle deal, then be outraged at it, I think of Bettwy/his comic strip surrogate.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Yeah, when I bought a PS4 it came with Uncharted 4, which is only rated T but still might be a bit much for a kid.

That said bundles only come with one game, and who the gently caress would buy a console to only ever play one game on it? There's the real problem with that comic.

Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ok, the new photographer is 100% The Crimson Cloak or working with the Crimson Cloak.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Midsummer Day Dreams(click for huge)

And He Did. (December, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (March, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (December, 1918, click for big)

Fritzi Ritz (October, 1922, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (November, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (November, 1940, click for big)

Dick Tracy (March, 1941, click for big)

Did they censor "hell"?

Mopsy (April, 1941)

Archie (April, 1956, click for big)

wikipedia posted:

Marmaduke is a newspaper comic strip drawn by Brad Anderson from 1954 to 2015. The strip revolves around the Winslow family and their Great Dane, Marmaduke. Anderson, who said he drew on Laurel and Hardy routines for his ideas, received the National Cartoonists Society Newspaper Panel Cartoon Award for the strip in 1978.

Characters:
Marmaduke – A messy but lovable Great Dane owned by the Winslow family
Phil – Patriarch of the Winslow family
Dottie – Matriarch of the Winslow family
Barbara ("Barbie") – The Winslows' older child
Billy – The Winslows' younger child
Mr. and Mrs. Snyder – The Winslows' neighbors
Carlos – The Winslows' cat

Marmaduke (July, 1959)

Mr. Tweedy (July, 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (January, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (February, 1972, click for big)

I have no idea.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

duality of man

Fleep

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Julet Esqu posted:

Finally somebody writes an angry letter to the editor about the comics and it's worthwhile.

Washington Post readers do not appreciate the comedy stylings of noted wife beater, Mike Lester.

hahahaha, go gently caress yourself, Mike Lester:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (February, 1972, click for big)

I have no idea.

I think this might refer to the phases of the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970.

https://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/432.html posted:

Functions: Stabilized prices, rents, wages, and salaries at levels not less than those prevailing on May 25, 1970.

Phase I (Aug. 15-Nov. 13, 1971): 90-day price and wage freeze administered by the Office of Emergency Preparedness, by EO 11615, August 15, 1971.

Phase II (Nov. 14, 1971-Jan. 10, 1973): Wage and price controls by EO 11627, October 15, 1971.

Phase III (Jan. 11-Aug. 12, 1973): Voluntary controls, by EO 11695, January 11, 1973; price freeze, June 13-Aug. 12, 1973, by EO 11723, June 13, 1973.

Phase IV (Aug. 13, 1973-Apr. 30, 1974): Voluntary compliance by EO 11730, July 18, 1973, with gradual decontrol.

Abolished: April 30, 1974, by the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970, as amended April 30, 1973 (87 Stat. 29).

Successor Agencies: Department of the Treasury as liquidator.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

Simple word play about a Jewish girl who died in a concentration camp! Y'know, not related to the Holocaust, sorry you thought it was and got offended you snowflake

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Was that the strip that had some tremendously tacky and unearned jokes about trans women a few months ago? If yeah, gently caress him. I mean, gently caress him anyway.

Anyway, the last two consoles I've bought or been involved with buying both came with games, and I don't recall seeing a cheap bundle that didn't come with any. In fact my partner and I went to a few different stores before buying our PS4 because we didn't want, like-- what was it-- Call of Duty camo patterns on it or something. I think our PS4 wound up coming with Uncharted. My brother got an Xbox One around the same time and I think it came with download codes for a few Tomb Raider games?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mountaineer posted:

It still happens. When I bought my PS4 it came with a download voucher or something for The Last of Us. It's also not unusual for some stores to have deals where you get a game with a console purchase, though mostly because they're not allowed to discount the console themselves.
Yeah but I was thinking of back when literally every new Genesis would come with a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog and the like.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Slammy posted:

Andy Capp (January, 1972, click for big)

A good Andy Capp.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Wizard of Id

Baldo

Big Nate

some random Wallace

Curtis

Baby Blues

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Vargo posted:

I'm sorry you didn't get my joke. I assure you, it was hilarious. There's another joke that even I didn't consider good enough for my comic, but I'm telling you about it anyway in the hopes of pissing you off.

I beat my wife,
Mike Lester

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Vargo posted:

"It's just a joke!" I scream as the angry mob descends on me. "You need to lighten up! loving PC police!! :argh:"

And nothing was learned because Mike Lester is a piece of poo poo.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Archyduke posted:

Was that the strip that had some tremendously tacky and unearned jokes about trans women a few months ago? If yeah, gently caress him. I mean, gently caress him anyway.

Not that you'd be surprised, but yep. That's our Mikey.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

I like that she apparently literally doesn't know how to even point and shoot a camera.

Vargo posted:

I am not positive that is really him. The Post comments system allows people who are actually in the story to get a special status if they reply to comments to differentiate their comments from others. They just have to prove they are who they say, which I doubt would be hard for him to do since he works for them.

But reading the comment it sure sounds a lot like how he would respond.

F Minus

I loving wish dentists did this.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I get the feeling if you're looking for someone "cooperative" you're barking up the wrong tree here, doc.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

IT USED TO BE...NOW IT'S

Rex Morgan MD

Smart money's on the Morgans adopting this kid, but I think there's a longshot chance the billionaire and his wife will. Beatty did set up her wanting to have kids and all.

Flash Gordon September, 1955

I went all the way back to where the archives start in CK, and it looks like we got in right at the start of a story, which is good I think.

I thought I'd post a month at a time on Sundays because there's a lot available, but if this is too much at once someone give me the word.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:pusheen:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:eyepop:

Johnny Walker posted:

I like that she apparently literally doesn't know how to even point and shoot a camera.
Average intelligence for newspaper spiderverse, then. :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Thank god Flash found that sewing kit. Dale wouldn't have had anything to do in the story otherwise!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Green Intern posted:

Thank god Flash found that sewing kit. Dale wouldn't have had anything to do in the story otherwise!
I forgot to mention that when I posted them. That gave me a good chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 26, 1995)

Garfield Classic (October 26, 1985)

• Locked thread