Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Sarah Emi Bridcutt has a new competitor for best voice actress name.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=51027

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_AKZfO7BE this looks cool

e: also new violet evergarden pv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Zdfcdl3mg

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 11, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Feels a bit weird having Evergarden PV's out so many months in advance. Especially with Netflix probably tacking on about 3 more before western audiences can legally see it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, it's the crazy Candy Lady! :dance:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Wow. Never expected this would ever get an adaption. (I was amazed the manga even got licensed)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Princess Principal is super good and the faces in it are amazing.

I think Dorothy's smile is my favorite, because never quite reaches her eyes...

She's a dangerous lady.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Hey, it's the crazy Candy Lady! :dance:

I wanna knoe more about the new lady. The Third Girl

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

im going to watch tank girls

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

Wow. Never expected this would ever get an adaption. (I was amazed the manga even got licensed)

after gup moe military is about the easiest sell

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/896455694660009984

Some Funi Otacon announcements, including Your Name on November 7!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wanna know more about the new lady. The Third Girl
She looks derpy in the best way. :3:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I've read that doujin

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Space Flower posted:

I've read that doujin
I've licked that doujin. :pervert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/896455694660009984

Some Funi Otacon announcements, including Your Name on November 7!

lmfao at that giant speed racer head

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I guess I laugh at it but I'd sincerely buy this if I could find an affordable new set of Giant Robo DVDs

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If Tsurezure is rom-com dessert, Gamers is rom-com spaghetti. I like it a bunch.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Davincie posted:

after gup moe military is about the easiest sell

Glad the loanshark club finally got their due.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/896782379347562497

Hell yeah.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why are all of the cgi versions so terrible?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another Disctek announcement. Huh?

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/896786676135145477

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/896825307679776768

crunchy got kino

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress YEAH?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:hellyeah:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

gently caress YEAH?

You should watch Kino's Journey.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

You should watch Kino's Journey.
I've watched the first Kino's Journey anime and I quite enjoyed it. Reminds me of Mushishi in tone. I'm pleased of this announcement.

It was a joke about how Crunchyroll is apparently evil and also part of the problem or something. Please don't go into anitwitter or reddit. Apparently, Digibro said something (probably really idiotic) and people are losing their poo poo about streaming services because he "tells it like it is" or something like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

crunchyroll has issues but of the big streaming platforms they're the only one that isnt completely hosed in some way, and theyve actually helped the industry a lot since japan needs that foreign revenue these days and crunchy is a way for them to get foreign revenue outside of overpriced dvd releases

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

crunchyroll has issues but of the big streaming platforms they're the only one that isnt completely hosed in some way, and theyve actually helped the industry a lot since japan needs that foreign revenue these days and crunchy is a way for them to get foreign revenue outside of overpriced dvd releases
I was bored and thought that visiting reddit would be a good way to waste time. It was not. But yeah, I pretty much agree that, at this point in time, Crunchyroll is one of the good guys, relatively speaking.

I should probably just go full-blown independent and dedicate myself to compose full time. Spending so much time in front of a computer monitor bores me to loving hell.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I probably wouldn't have gotten back into anime if Crunchyroll hadn't put it all in one place. They are responsible for this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
digibro is a dumbass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

digibro is a dumbass

personally, i get all my anime opinions from a brony who thinks cinderella girls and sword art online are the exact same show

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

To be fair, what he said was that he doesn't bother with any streaming service except crunchyroll because they make things so convenient and they're cheap.

His idea about how he'd want to run the industry was pretty stupid however.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

digibro is a dumbass
It's been discussed in the chat thread before (I'm probably partially to blame, since I watched a bunch of his videos during the 2 months I spent between jobs) and yeah, general consensus is that the dude's a giant douche-drinker.

Nephthys posted:

To be fair, what he said was that he doesn't bother with any streaming service except crunchyroll because they make things so convenient and they're cheap.

His idea about how he'd want to run the industry was pretty stupid however.
Ah, this saves me the pains of watching or further reading about it, thanks! I'm guessing it was something among the lines of "Hey, (Patreon or Whatever) works for me! Maybe the anime studios could do the same?"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I have no opinion on anime youtubers

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Wark Say posted:

It's been discussed in the chat thread before (I'm probably partially to blame, since I watched a bunch of his videos during the 2 months I spent between jobs) and yeah, general consensus is that the dude's a giant douche-drinker.

Ah, this saves me the pains of watching or further reading about it, thanks! I'm guessing it was something among the lines of "Hey, (Patreon or Whatever) works for me! Maybe the anime studios could do the same?"

It was that he wants to watch a whole show and then after he's watched it there'd be a follow up page saying "did you like the show? Click here to donate to the creators" and if he liked it he'd throw 50 bucks at them but if he thought it was just ok he'd only donate like 10 or 20.

Because we all know how generous people are anonymously on the internet after already getting something for free.

The video was basically him saying that he doesn't give a poo poo about streaming sites because the money isn't going directly to the people who made the show and I guess he apparently doesn't think translators/site creators deserve to get paid or something.

I like listening to him because he has interesting views and he knows his stuff but personality-wise he is pretty lovely.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 13, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
A convenient tipjar like that would probably work for a few shows... but only like the top few super popular shows.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Wark Say posted:

His stance is more sensible than just patreon, he'd like if there was an option to donate directly to the relevant studios instead of giving more money to the production committees behind it all so that more money reaches the talent. This coupled with the inconvenience of Netflix as they don't simulcast, amazon prime as they usually have fairly frequent delays plus double paywall and low visibility and blurays being much more inconvenient than searching online.

Digibro has weird stances on a whole bunch of stuff, and he often poorly explains himself, but at least his ideas and analysis is interesting, and probably the best thing he does is promote a discourse by frequently kicking the hornets nest like this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna say the discourse digibro leads to is anything but interesting or insightful and in fact does very little to educate people on anything about the industry or studios or the actual problems with how creators are paid

i watched his old video about pacing in anime and while i totally disagreed with what he said about kekkai sensen it wasn't a bad video but it sounds like more recently he's gotten really lovely and basically all i ever hear from people in relation to his videos is complete poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I finally got around to seeing Your Name and it's, by a gargantuan margin, the best Shinkai I've seen. Shinkai finally seemed to get that people don't just want incessantly dry bittersweet stories carried entirely by their animation and actually gave it a bit of a heart. That it's a movie that he seems to not actually like himself is kind of hilarious but also possibly telling, I guess.

• Locked thread