Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Tells story about intentionally harassing someone and then still has the balls to say "she treated me like poo poo for no reason".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

LanceHunter posted:

Tells story about intentionally harassing someone and then still has the balls to say "she treated me like poo poo for no reason".

He was merely expecting that response, and going for a pre-emptive strike. :colbert:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

china bot posted:

just saying, one catholic to another: does the world really need more catholics? our particular brand of sexual repression must have contributed to inceldom somewhat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgHHhw_6g8

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The thing is, in this story she doesn't treat him like poo poo.

She nods, and acknowledges his presence, responds to his "hello" and "what a nice tree you're looking at" politely, and does everything she can to avoid an ugly situation.

She was clearly giving him signals that she wanted nothing to do with him, signals that he picked up on, (so I suppose he is better than a bunch of incels and/or creepy autists out there), but was doing so well within the bounds of polite/civil behaviour.

This arsehole then decides to escalate and do everything he can to make her more and moer uncomfortable, and feel less and less safe. And he reckons she's the baddie?

I wonder what would have happened if she had been rude, or if not rude then maybe a little curt. "Excuse me, please don't stand so close. I like my personal space. Thank you" etc. Would this creep/harrasser have backed off then?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

BrigadierSensible posted:

I wonder what would have happened if she had been rude, or if not rude then maybe a little curt. "Excuse me, please don't stand so close. I like my personal space. Thank you" etc. Would this creep/harrasser have backed off then?

Apparently her crime was not immediately dropping to her knees and blowing him (like she surely would have if he were a Chad), so I imagine that her saying something would probably result in him telling a sob story about how some roastie harpy shouted and cursed at him merely for standing next to her. Then again, her assertiveness probably would have frightened him enough that he wouldn't have then spent the next few minutes stalking her, so in the end it probably would have resulted in a better outcome.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

This reminds me of the time I was biking with my dog and some guy hosed all my poo poo up. This was like 2010, so I was about 23, and this guy had to be pushing 40. I passed him often while biking this trail and he always stared grotesquely, every single day, but I was biking and he was walking and I had my dog with me so whatever.

Suddenly he gets a dog. A little yorkie. The first day he has it, he immediately goes "oh look a friend for you!" to his puppy and sets it down as I'm biking by. It runs toward us. My dog is highly prey driven and dog aggressive, so he goes !!!!! and I see him about to go "HOLY poo poo SNACK TIME" so I put him in a sit/stay, hop off my bike, catch the dumb yorkie before it reaches us, and walk up to him and hand him his dog. I say "My dog does not like other dogs and will eat yours. Please do not do that again." He stares at me blankly, stuttering, as I walk back to my bike. He finally manages to say "y-YOUR DOG SHOULD MAKE A FRIEND" and sets his dog down AGAIN to run towards mine. Mine was young at the time so he broke his sit/stay at this point and lunges towards his dumb yorkie to eat it. Since he's attached to my bike, he pulls the bike over on top of himself, I get caught up in it, we all fall down. I grab his stupid dog, again, in the middle of this entire mess and go "NO REALLY. MY DOG WILL KILL HIM." and hold the dog out to the guy while tangled in a pile of bike, concrete, and my own dog.

He makes no attempt to get his dog. He stands there with his hands firmly in his jorts and says "ACTUALLY it's a good friend for my dog, your dog is a good friend for him. And you should train your dog to like my dog since they should get along ha ha! So you should really get better at training your dog-"

I was actively working as a dog trainer at the time, and while he ranted about dog training (everything he said was wrong) I picked myself up and my bike up and calmed down my dog. I told him to please keep his dog on a leash. Then he started talking about types of leashes (he didn't know anything about types of leashes) and walked up to me, grabbed my dogs leash, and started talking about its quality and how it was a "Beautiful leash!" like me. I took it back from him, told him I had to leave, and he started talking about my bike. He let me know that it was a fixed gear bike, and that it was difficult for girls to ride and that I was a very brave girl for riding a fixed gear bike.

As I left (walking my hosed up bike with a skint knee and an upset dog) he tried to set his yorkie down again. Because I needed to learn to teach my dog to be friends with other dogs. This time I kicked it, to keep it from getting eaten. He walked behind me for a good quarter mile telling me about fixed gear bikes and how my dogs leash, and my bike, were beautiful like me. I finally turned around and yelled GO AWAY and he looked horrified and as he turned and left, he started talking about how everyone always tells him to leave. He was still going as he got out of hearing distance.

I've never been able to bike with my dog again, because that bike falling on him freaked him out so bad. 7 years later he's still like "nah." I had to switch to walking for exercise, so I could still take my dog with me. For the next year, before I moved out of that apartment complex, I would still pass him daily and he would tell me that I had a fixed gear bike and that I needed to train my dog. He asked me out no less than 3 times, and eventually just started hard staring me as he would walk past. It was probably the guy in this post tbh.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You forgot to mention how ugly he was.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

He was actually pretty average looking, just a huge spaz

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Supercondescending posted:

real life incel story

Such a nice guy, though.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Such a nice guy, though.

You know, if he'd moved to help when I wound up in a tangled clusterfuck of dog and bike, I would have just written him off as maybe autistic or just super awk and would have felt bad for him, but he was like vaguely smirking while I struggled so lol

Should've let his dog just get eaten (but its not the dog's fault it belongs to an incel so no)

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
That anecdote is like the pure distillation of the "incel" mindset. Form an elaborate master plan based on overly general, simplistic and wrong social assumptions ("dogs like dogs"), massively over invest in it, then cause an incident when it doesn't work.

Combine that with praising Japan for a Korean manga and using Flandre Scarlet as an example of a fantasy girl.. jeesh.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Also there's trying to appeal to a dog owner while clearly giving zero fucks about your own dog's safety.

Also thinking anyone will find a loving Yorkie cute

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

I hope he gets arrested, but I'm not sure if what he did is illegal...? Would she have a case if it was his word against hers that he was publicly stalking her with an obvious boner and trying to intimidate her?

That poor woman will probably never be able to go jogging alone again for fear of being raped by this freak.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

BrigadierSensible posted:

The thing is, in this story she doesn't treat him like poo poo.

She nods, and acknowledges his presence, responds to his "hello" and "what a nice tree you're looking at" politely, and does everything she can to avoid an ugly situation.

She was clearly giving him signals that she wanted nothing to do with him, signals that he picked up on, (so I suppose he is better than a bunch of incels and/or creepy autists out there), but was doing so well within the bounds of polite/civil behaviour.

This arsehole then decides to escalate and do everything he can to make her more and moer uncomfortable, and feel less and less safe. And he reckons she's the baddie?

Yeah, cause then he wouldn't have been the one "with power" anymore. If she would have snapped at him, the story would have ended with "and I went home and cried cause that roastie yelled at me for nothing!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Jesus Christ. I'm more curious as to the 71 comments, but I'm not going in there.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 13, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

green chicken feet posted:

I hope he gets arrested, but I'm not sure if what he did is illegal...? Would she have a case if it was his word against hers that he was publicly stalking her with an obvious boner and trying to intimidate her?

That poor woman will probably never be able to go jogging alone again for fear of being raped by this freak.

Depending on the state it could be lewd behavior or even harassment but good luck proving it.

Then again if they dug up that post somehow that's pretty much open and shut.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Jesus Christ. I'm more curious as to the 71 comments, but I'm not going in there.

The thread was locked due to a "mass brigade" so I'm guessing the guy got the lovely response he deserved

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Fargin Icehole posted:

There's nearly 250 comments now, mostly removed with the OP replying and trying to justify himself. There's a surprising lack of support for his behaviour.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

This reminds me of the time I was biking with my dog and some guy hosed all my poo poo up. This was like 2010, so I was about 23, and this guy had to be pushing 40. I passed him often while biking this trail and he always stared grotesquely, every single day, but I was biking and he was walking and I had my dog with me so whatever.

Suddenly he gets a dog. A little yorkie. The first day he has it, he immediately goes "oh look a friend for you!" to his puppy and sets it down as I'm biking by. It runs toward us. My dog is highly prey driven and dog aggressive, so he goes !!!!! and I see him about to go "HOLY poo poo SNACK TIME" so I put him in a sit/stay, hop off my bike, catch the dumb yorkie before it reaches us, and walk up to him and hand him his dog. I say "My dog does not like other dogs and will eat yours. Please do not do that again." He stares at me blankly, stuttering, as I walk back to my bike. He finally manages to say "y-YOUR DOG SHOULD MAKE A FRIEND" and sets his dog down AGAIN to run towards mine. Mine was young at the time so he broke his sit/stay at this point and lunges towards his dumb yorkie to eat it. Since he's attached to my bike, he pulls the bike over on top of himself, I get caught up in it, we all fall down. I grab his stupid dog, again, in the middle of this entire mess and go "NO REALLY. MY DOG WILL KILL HIM." and hold the dog out to the guy while tangled in a pile of bike, concrete, and my own dog.

He makes no attempt to get his dog. He stands there with his hands firmly in his jorts and says "ACTUALLY it's a good friend for my dog, your dog is a good friend for him. And you should train your dog to like my dog since they should get along ha ha! So you should really get better at training your dog-"

I was actively working as a dog trainer at the time, and while he ranted about dog training (everything he said was wrong) I picked myself up and my bike up and calmed down my dog. I told him to please keep his dog on a leash. Then he started talking about types of leashes (he didn't know anything about types of leashes) and walked up to me, grabbed my dogs leash, and started talking about its quality and how it was a "Beautiful leash!" like me. I took it back from him, told him I had to leave, and he started talking about my bike. He let me know that it was a fixed gear bike, and that it was difficult for girls to ride and that I was a very brave girl for riding a fixed gear bike.

As I left (walking my hosed up bike with a skint knee and an upset dog) he tried to set his yorkie down again. Because I needed to learn to teach my dog to be friends with other dogs. This time I kicked it, to keep it from getting eaten. He walked behind me for a good quarter mile telling me about fixed gear bikes and how my dogs leash, and my bike, were beautiful like me. I finally turned around and yelled GO AWAY and he looked horrified and as he turned and left, he started talking about how everyone always tells him to leave. He was still going as he got out of hearing distance.

I've never been able to bike with my dog again, because that bike falling on him freaked him out so bad. 7 years later he's still like "nah." I had to switch to walking for exercise, so I could still take my dog with me. For the next year, before I moved out of that apartment complex, I would still pass him daily and he would tell me that I had a fixed gear bike and that I needed to train my dog. He asked me out no less than 3 times, and eventually just started hard staring me as he would walk past. It was probably the guy in this post tbh.

Somebody should shoot your dangerous dog.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol if you describe your feral animal as "highly prey driven and dog aggressive" and think it's a good idea to take it out in public on a loving bike

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
You can tell i'm a good dog trainer because i've taught it to eat other dogs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
TBH I would definitely teach my real dog to kill terriers

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
you'd be too busy loving it because humans don't like you.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like Pick.

Platonically ofc.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

He was a puppy at the time out of really intense working lines. Puppies have to be trained ya dinguses. Not all dogs are chill af labs, some are bred for certain innate drives for certain working purposes. He'd be fine in that situation now, but at the time he was still in training because he was like idk 8 months old or something this was 7 years ago I can't remember

Can we not derail the stupid incel thread with people who dont know about dogs tho come on

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Lets try to get this thread back on track

quote:

Does anyone ever pass a homeless drunk/drug addict and think that in almost every case he has had more experience with women than me.
u/riptide979797
There are many smelly, gross, homeless men on the streets in the city I live in.Of course I see a 20 to maybe 1 ratio of homeless men to women. I have recently started looking a little more carefully at them when I'm out. Many of them hang out at our local library and I have noticed that they talk and flirt with the women there. Now these ones I'm talking about are clearly homeless. They are there every time I am. They obviously HAVE NOT showered yet some of the women flirt right back with them. Some of these women flirt with small children right next to them. How the hell can homeless loving bums have higher SMV than us. Two particular guys there have women who respond back to them. Both are 40s, average height and looks but are unkempt, unclean looking. Not looking down on these guys as I'm poor and homelessness is a future that is possible for me. Just can't get over how far down in SMV you have to be to be passed up for a loving bum.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is amazing that his conclusion is what it is instead of "even these unwashed homeless dudes can have a normal conversation with a woman, what am I doing wrong?"

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
The thought of opinions these guys might hold on homeless women just made me throw up a little bit.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I hope he gets arrested, but I'm not sure if what he did is illegal...?

It's probably some type of menacing.

However, he said/she said is not enough. There'd need to be a witness/camera/etc.

I imagine we'll all have some kind of "google glasses" in a several years anyway recording our entire lives so there'll never not be a video/audio recording.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

COMRADES posted:

It is amazing that his conclusion is what it is instead of "even these unwashed homeless dudes can have a normal conversation with a woman, what am I doing wrong?"

Eh, I've been there about 15 years ago. Reasoning about this stuff is horribly confused by messages bandied back and forth on these boards, on other boards, by therapists, etc. Society just has no clue what the right locus of control for persuasion is, because either answer is uncomfortable. And it works for getting a promotion, a job, etc, as much as it does for sexual attraction.

An internal locus of control means you are in control of your own destiny, which supporters and therapists seem to encourage. But it also means that you are considering the woman/boss/customer/whatever as an automaton whose behavior is determined by yours via some unknown formula.

An external locus of control means you treat the woman/boss/customer as their own free willed human who can act for any reason or no reason. But it also means that if they aren't acting in ways you like you are helpless.

A mixture between these two seems more reasonable, but no attitude or behavior can be inferred from it that doesn't tend towards one or other of the extremes, other than suppressing all reasoning entirely.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
I don't have a legal background (in case it wasn't clear enough from my previous post...heh). Can't help but wonder... is it required now that we have video recordings or multiple witnesses for every crime in order for a conviction to be possible?

And was it always this way? It just seems like the conviction rate in the past would have been terrible if the only option were to have more than one witness or physical evidence. Is one person's word not enough under the law?

If he harrasses multiple people on several occasions, could their accounts combine to convict him if there were not multiple witnesses for each occasion?

I assume this burden of proof is probably part of the reason that the conviction rate for rape is so abysmally low, in addition to the unfortunate tendency to blame the victim. I also understand that if it's only one person's word against another's then you could too easily accuse someone and have them imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit. But surely motive must be considered as well? Like what is the person's motive for making the accusation, and do they have anything to gain from it, and is the person making the accusation someone sane and of good character per character witnesses.

I don't know... I just really hate it when people cause others to live in fear. Even if he never lays a finger on her body, he harmed quality of life for that woman to some degree.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had to google SMV. SMH.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

You know, if he'd moved to help when I wound up in a tangled clusterfuck of dog and bike, I would have just written him off as maybe autistic or just super awk and would have felt bad for him, but he was like vaguely smirking while I struggled so lol

Should've let his dog just get eaten (but its not the dog's fault it belongs to an incel so no)

Dogs, like people, are disposable if you really need to prove a point. Hit me up at my volcano hideout if you want more life tips.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I don't have a legal background (in case it wasn't clear enough from my previous post...heh). Can't help but wonder... is it required now that we have video recordings or multiple witnesses for every crime in order for a conviction to be possible?

No, there's just a requirement for evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. A lot of crimes leave plenty of evidence of the crime.

The guy we're talking about followed her, was a creep, and touched his dick.

What evidence would she take to the police after that?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Well, the incels are convinced that they can be arrested for sexual harassment if they try to talk to a girl (after being beaten up by her white knights, of course) but none of them seem to have stories about it happening.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

my parents boyfriend posted:

Well, the incels are convinced that they can be arrested for sexual harassment if they try to talk to a girl (after being beaten up by her white knights, of course) but none of them seem to have stories about it happening.

Not arrested, probably. There's criminal law, which requires evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt. And then there's just policy that schools, companies, groups, etc have.

If these guys have legitimate concerns it's probably just a policy that their school has (which can punish you with nothing other than a complaint against you).

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
LoLcel

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's like the old saying.

You can't carry AD and use it too.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol, this is literally the beginning of exhibitionistic disorder. Complete with him being aroused by the victim being afraid of him and I presume him running away if the victim laughed at him instead (perfect match with incel mentality). Incels making another strong case for them being totally regular normal guys that are just not good looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I wonder if there's a common factor to incel upbringing that breaks them so badly.

• Locked thread