Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

bump_fn posted:

did Romney seriously drop barbarism wtf

yeah but he meant they were stomping around and breaking things like elephants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Went to the Denver march today! We got rained on but it was very cool and good. Except the nice old lady who asked me who the folks in black with the "punch Nazis" sign were and was disappointed that they were advocating violence. I give her a year and she'll be in a black bandanna tho.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Darn I was really enjoying cams vs deadgoon

Can't wait for a new week tomorrow! What week is it? Last week was intern week (lol)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ohio sends more players to then nfl than almost any state

brain damage is their heritage

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i like ohio

in my experience when people talk about how disgusted they are with ohio, it's because they either don't like black people or don't like poor people

so, u kno, typical liberals

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

navyjack posted:

Went to the Denver march today! We got rained on but it was very cool and good. Except the nice old lady who asked me who the folks in black with the "punch Nazis" sign were and was disappointed that they were advocating violence. I give her a year and she'll be in a black bandanna tho.

tell that olds to shut the gently caress up if she aint with the program of punching nazis

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

worse than Ohio

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
like everyone in the suburbs around here has utter contempt for the city

and it's because that's where the poor black people live

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Stadium naming

The city specifically chose not to sell the naming rights to the stadium itself, which is highly unusual for major American stadiums built in recent years. However, it instead sold the naming rights to each of the facility's four main entrance gates. Originally, the gates were named for National City Bank, Steris Corp., CoreComm Inc., and the Cleveland Clinic Sports Health.[19] The arrangement was later discontinued, though has since been partially restored. As of the 2016 season, the southwest and northwest gates are not sponsored, while the southeast gate is sponsored by and named for University Hospitals of Cleveland and the northeast gate by Cree Inc.[20]

Randy Lerner sold the Browns to Jimmy Haslam, CEO of truck stop chain Pilot Flying J, in August 2012. Before the deal officially closed in October 2012, Haslam announced he would sell the stadium's naming rights. Haslam effectively ruled out his family business as buying the naming rights, mentioning that he had received offers for the naming rights, and that none of them are based in his home state of Tennessee.[21][22] On January 14, 2013, it was reported that the naming rights were sold to FirstEnergy Corporation, the Akron-based electric utility serving most of northeastern Ohio.[23] The Browns announced the following day that the stadium would be renamed "FirstEnergy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns", with the deal getting official Cleveland City Council approval on February 15, 2013.[24] Though naming rights belong to FirstEnergy Corporation through 2029, the stadium itself is actually serviced by Cleveland Public Power.[25]

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

deadgoon posted:

America.txt

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

haha this is ridiculous, the percentage of americans who give a gently caress about someone having a drinking problem is laughably small

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:yayclod::dominic::byobear:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

deadgoon posted:

i like ohio

in my experience when people talk about how disgusted they are with ohio, it's because they either don't like black people or don't like poor people

so, u kno, typical liberals

I can't handle these hot takes!!!

Well that was fun, any aliases you want to share so I can save myself a future trip to the user control panel?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

deadgoon posted:

it turns out the suburbs are the problem with america

shocking i know

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

imagine being in ohio and knowing that the state to your immediate west, indiana, would be worse than you in every conceivable way, except for the fact that interstate 69 runs through it which makes it immediately better

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The worst form of Microbe

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the cleveland brownshirts

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

That Pittsburgh poster is going to be so upset that Ohio has reared its head, Like a leviathan facing that one Greek hero. Sorry, 20 more years away from your wife oh and also there's a cyclops.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i've never been to ohio

but i'd like to visit i dunno people are pretty much the same everywhere

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol 100% of cspam has a drinking problem

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this dateline sucks, what are you all watching on tv?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/896875477218070528

:yeah:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/memebrulee2/status/896867113385705472

ahahahhahahahahahhhahhahahahahahahahaha

quote:

Baked Alaska is at the hospital right now, he could have permanent damage to his eyes. Um, he can only see about three feet in front of him.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Make this z's into the Nazi ss lightning bolt things

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Ohio produced Guided By Voices, who are great.

everything else? trash.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Plinkey posted:

Have you considered succeeding from the union, I feel like last time you just didn't have the gumption to see it through.?

ah no, i like ma checks, and cashin them is an activity i find relaxin

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

a.lo posted:

is he going to kill himself now

We can hope

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/PattersonNBC/status/896858132529397761

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

a helpful bear posted:

Darn I was really enjoying cams vs deadgoon

Can't wait for a new week tomorrow! What week is it? Last week was intern week (lol)

Infrastructure week, of course.

Agrajag posted:

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I fall over, no problem!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

nice hitler youth haircut you loving nazi

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
things got just the slightest bit real for Baked Alaska

guess he'll go back to reddit now, where he's safe

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

Stadium naming

The city specifically chose not to sell the naming rights to the stadium itself, which is highly unusual for major American stadiums built in recent years. However, it instead sold the naming rights to each of the facility's four main entrance gates. Originally, the gates were named for National City Bank, Steris Corp., CoreComm Inc., and the Cleveland Clinic Sports Health.[19] The arrangement was later discontinued, though has since been partially restored. As of the 2016 season, the southwest and northwest gates are not sponsored, while the southeast gate is sponsored by and named for University Hospitals of Cleveland and the northeast gate by Cree Inc.[20]

Randy Lerner sold the Browns to Jimmy Haslam, CEO of truck stop chain Pilot Flying J, in August 2012. Before the deal officially closed in October 2012, Haslam announced he would sell the stadium's naming rights. Haslam effectively ruled out his family business as buying the naming rights, mentioning that he had received offers for the naming rights, and that none of them are based in his home state of Tennessee.[21][22] On January 14, 2013, it was reported that the naming rights were sold to FirstEnergy Corporation, the Akron-based electric utility serving most of northeastern Ohio.[23] The Browns announced the following day that the stadium would be renamed "FirstEnergy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns", with the deal getting official Cleveland City Council approval on February 15, 2013.[24] Though naming rights belong to FirstEnergy Corporation through 2029, the stadium itself is actually serviced by Cleveland Public Power.[25]

a better story is how the cincy stadiums are screwing cincy

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

ah no, i like ma checks, and cashin them is an activity i find relaxin

fair enough, hope you're sipping a nice sweat tea right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

MadJackal posted:

I can't handle these hot takes!!!

Well that was fun, any aliases you want to share so I can save myself a future trip to the user control panel?
please do not quash his 1st amendment rights

• Locked thread