Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

VaultAggie posted:

Is Davos not going on the hunting squad?

nah he said a couple times he's no fighter and would be a liability,

and everyone else agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bobo the Red posted:

Wouldn't they need to appoint some lovely offshoot Lannister to rule the Westerlands if he returned to the Queensguard?

Introducing Josh Lannister, a cousin who has been living abroad in Braavos would be awesome. He could constantly break the fourth wall and pull Jim from The Office faces whenever Cersei tries to plot something.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm annoyed we didn;t get the raven wing/dragon wing transition that was in the outline.

seriously. with the number of match cuts in the season so far i figured it was a given

also it's not that important but wasn't there a thing about jon calling daenerys "dany" in this ep? maybe it won't happen till boatsex

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

lezard_valeth posted:

Have Littlefinger loving up with Arya and be like "Jon is dead. Jon has always been dead".

Littlefinger: Don't you find it contrived that a little girl could survive for so long in the wilderness, befriend a cavalcade of lovable side characters, train as an assassin in the span of a few short years, and get revenge for her family by single-handedly wiping out an entire great house? That's because it is contrived, Arya. You're actually in purgatory, Arya.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
so why the gently caress is Arya spying on Littlefinger as Arya rather than wearing a different face. She's got a whole god damned sack of faces and even if Littlefinger discovered it who cares she just changes faces again.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

so why the gently caress is Arya spying on Littlefinger as Arya rather than wearing a different face. She's got a whole god damned sack of faces and even if Littlefinger discovered it who cares she just changes faces again.

Because she wants him to know that she's spying. She knows that he's watching, and needs him to think he has the upper hand.

She's long conning him

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Introducing Josh Lannister, a cousin who has been living abroad in Braavos would be awesome. He could constantly break the fourth wall and pull Jim from The Office faces whenever Cersei tries to plot something.

In the real War of the Roses that GOT is based on, Josh Lancaster ended up on the throne at the end.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

This show would be so, so much better if Gendry's actor was playing Jon Snow. He actually has charisma, appears to actually experience emotions, can vary his pitch and volume depending on what he's saying, and doesn't appear terminally constipated.

Kit Harrington is doo-doo.

Sub Margaery's actress in for Dany and I might actually believe those characters have chemistry.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

aBagorn posted:

Because she wants him to know that she's spying. She knows that he's watching, and needs him to think he has the upper hand.

She's long conning him

But, you see, Littlefinger is aware that she wants him to know that she's spying on him and think he has the upper hand and is thus letting her think she has the upper hand, thinking that he thinks he has the upper hand.

The Longest Con.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

Why the gently caress is she spying on Littlefinger instead of grabbing the note he gave to that girl?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This episode had one of those "broken clock right twice a day" moments when Jon's dumbstruck face he's constantly making actually worked for him getting up close with Drogon.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

regulargonzalez posted:

This show would be so, so much better if Gendry's actor was playing Jon Snow. He actually has charisma, appears to actually experience emotions, can vary his pitch and volume depending on what he's saying, and doesn't appear terminally constipated.

Kit Harrington is doo-doo.

Sub Margaery's actress in for Dany and I might actually believe those characters have chemistry.

Gendrys actor was really good in the UK show Skins too so he actually had more pedigree at the time than Harrington.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Yeah it's getting to ridiculous levels.

They both have more chemistry towards a CGI dragon than towards each other.

Like even a scene of "So tell me a bit about yourself" would have sufficed to at least give some minor sense of connection between them, but the show writers really went out of their way to make all their scenes together be plot and exposition dump related.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

quick question im sure has been asked an answered a billion times: why the hell did they decide to wrap up the entire series in eleven episodes?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also Gendry having a hammer is a great tribute to Robert as that was his main weapon as well.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Gio posted:

quick question im sure has been asked an answered a billion times: why the hell did they decide to wrap up the entire series in eleven episodes?

Realtalk: D&D are sick and tired of the show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gio posted:

Contract negotiations. The main cast is getting very expensive, and the showrunners didn't want to do even more seasons.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

regulargonzalez posted:

Realtalk: D&D are sick and tired of the show.

I don't know why D&D just wouldn't give the show to someone else, like Dave Hill. Shows change show runners some time. Walking Dead and Dexter did that. Give the show to someone who wants it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
God drat they gave the kid a huge gently caress off hammer and I really love that.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Grem posted:

God drat they gave the kid a huge gently caress off hammer and I really love that.

You can get his fathers hammer here. http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/king-roberts-warhammer/prod_14.html

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

some guy on the bus posted:

I don't know why D&D just wouldn't give the show to someone else, like Dave Hill. Shows change show runners some time. Walking Dead and Dexter did that. Give the show to someone who wants it.

Actors costs keep going up uP UP!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

*nods* you're right, that does make sense

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

i cant stop looking at the dopey as gently caress lion faces on Jamies shoulder pads

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

WampaLord posted:

Actors costs keep going up uP UP!

How does Walking Dead handle it? They're on Season 8, there's 16 episodes a season, and there's no end in sight.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

How does Walking Dead handle it? They're on Season 8, there's 16 episodes a season, and there's no end in sight.

Isn't the Walking Dead infamous for it's long commercial brakes? Plus they don't have to film on different locations and most of their sceneries don't need CGI backgrounds, and most of their actions scenes can use practical effects instead of CGI dragons/ships/cavalry

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 14, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lol Bran is now running NORAD.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Main actors are probably paid a quarter to half of what GOT actors are getting paid per episode. And also AMC has more advertising dollars and Walking Dead is highest rated show on TV.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Die john oliver the repeat was supposed to start 5 minutes ago

herpa herpa Jon olver here how about sucking baby dicks, for or against *british accent*

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I was expecting the bran raven to get shot out of the sky with an arrow and it smash cuts to bran jolting back like whoa, not the Night King using medusas gaze

Also, why do they keep calling it the three eyed raven? Using it like Bran is the three eyed raven? The raven bird with 3 eyes was just the old guy loving with bran. The old guy was not a raven in human form.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bran use your 100 birds to carry a wight to KL

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Gio posted:

Yeah my take on it is the combination of showrunners wanting to end it quickly, HBO not wanting to bring new people on board to run it so late in the game, the quality of the show not being quite as certain when you're completely in uncharted book territory, and the growing actor costs alongside higher than usual FX costs.

I liked the slower pace of earlier seasons a bit more, but there's something to be said for episodes that have so little filler to them, and people can get the super thorough breakdown of what's going down when all the books are out in 2040.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yeah, and those two shows are doing (or did) amazing in their most recent seasons!!!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

You're right, that does make sense.

E: dammit, beaten

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Isn't the Walking Dead infamous for it's long commercial brakes? Plus they don't have to film on different locations and most of their sceneries don't need CGI backgrounds, and most of their actions scenes can use practical effects instead of CGI dragons/ships/cavalry

yeah TWD is filmed in Georgia because they were enticed there by some kind of movie friendly tax breaks not the globe-spanning exotic locations of GOT

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The fact they are beyond the books is more and more painful and more obvious each episode as characters pull poo poo that would 100% get them murdered if they were in a more realistic setting, like say, the books or just act dumb.

Tyrion manages to sneak into the Red Keep and out, alive? Sure. Right.

Why is Jon Snow personally leading the A-Team beyond the wall to capture an ice zombie? And how the hell do they plan to get AWAY with an ice zombie? What, they expect to run and carry a captive ice zombie faster than an undead army which never needs rest can walk? They could take a boat up the coast and drag one onto the boat but... yeah, they didn't. So they plan to outrun ice zombies over a long distance? Good luck with that. And why is HE doing it himself, instead of sending subordinates to do it? Is he the main character in a Bethesda RPG, nothing happens unless the hero does it personally?

And people being generally stupid. Littlefinger hiding in the hallway? Really?

Jaime thinks they are going to die and are doomed and does not think he can surrender. Why doesn't he suggest fleeing across the sea to the free cities?

Grem posted:

It is true to the books in that regard? Remember the bull helmet he made? Gendry was shown to want to want to grow up like his father.

Was Sansa mentioning Ghost the first time he was mentioned this season?

And that concludes my thoughts on this episode.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 14, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gendry and Jon Battlebros :black101:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Walking dead dear dot gif

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

JBP posted:

And if they took a boat up the coast to capture an ice zombie, which is still crazy but less crazy, they would have had an opportunity to make more jokes about him rowing!

Davos's line about him still rowing was the best part of the episode!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JBP posted:

The show loving cockteased me by keeping his arms covered.

But we did get the hammer moment, so...11/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I was mad that he wasn't sweating over an anvil while sparks bounced off his shirtless body.

• Locked thread