Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Science Goy posted:

BeIn just got dropped from Playstation Vue like two months ago, it's now impossible to find a streaming service that carries BeIn, ESPN, Fox Sports and BTN while still costing less than cable.

...I might have to get cable soon... gently caress...

Download the go90 app on your phone and you can watch BeIN Sports on it for free, and even cast it to your TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pwhoar what a spicy MotoGP race. Gotta love the Big Dov.

Halo14 posted:

Wow, this MotoGP Austrian national anthem is being shredded on electric guitar :)

Disgusting that Red Bull desecrates the Anthem like that. The old Nazi dude should be brought up on criminal charges for allowing that.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Just caught up on the race because gently caress getting up at 6:00 this morning. Holy poo poo that was tight as hell between Marquez and Davisioso. So I guess I'm a MotoGP fan now? It probably doesn't surprise any of you that it only took one race to make me a die hard.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

gret posted:

Download the go90 app on your phone and you can watch BeIN Sports on it for free, and even cast it to your TV.

Game changer - now I'm going to try and sideload it onto my Fire TV. It probably won't work but it's worth a shot.
EDIT: nope, doesn't work, but screencasting works fine.

McGuinty posted:

Just caught up on the race because gently caress getting up at 6:00 this morning. Holy poo poo that was tight as hell between Marquez and Davisioso. So I guess I'm a MotoGP fan now? It probably doesn't surprise any of you that it only took one race to make me a die hard.

If you can find it, check out the Italian Moto3 race at Mugello from earlier this summer (when PS Vue still had BeIN :qq:). Insane drafting created a pack of about 20 riders within 3 seconds for the entirety of the race.

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 13, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jackie Stewarts auto biography should be mandatory reading.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dovi is actually good now and Jorge Lorenzo is a massive fraud.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Spaniards in MotoGP : Germans in F1, as in they're all massive frauds.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

It is till he starts banging on about religion

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dovis been developing that bike, it's now coming to him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Marquez will crash out two more times and Dovi will win the championship.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

The part after he sells his team and he starts going on about his relationship with the Jordanian royal family and Rolex can certainly be glossed over.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

The part after he sells his team and he starts going on about his relationship with the Jordanian royal family and Rolex can certainly be glossed over.

He was quite clever with rolex though, the bit about his clothing cut was shorter on his watch arm, so the timepiece was always visible, was quite calculating

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

djssniper posted:

he survived the sixties and seventies in F1, he can talk whatever he wants imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
F1's record for safety in the 1960s makes Group B look even more loving insane, mainly because it was 20 years later and the regard for human life was still basically non-existent. The follow up documentary to GP:TKY was Madness on Wheels and well worth a watch (it's on Dailymotion). The fact that some shitwit like Jean Marie Balestre could be the head of the FIA is a real mindfuck.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

gret posted:

It doesn't seem to have on-demand replays, though. Will be great for daytime races -- the official MotoGP app is doing some weird poo poo on my iPad lately, which seems to involve crashing on lap 6-3 -- but I'm too old and busted to get up at 5 am for racing anymore.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

F1's record for safety in the 1960s makes Group B look even more loving insane, mainly because it was 20 years later and the regard for human life was still basically non-existent. The follow up documentary to GP:TKY was Madness on Wheels and well worth a watch (it's on Dailymotion). The fact that some shitwit like Jean Marie Balestre could be the head of the FIA is a real mindfuck.

He really was a wanker https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_South_African_Grand_Prix when Marlboro are telling you that what you are doing is immoral and wrong and they want nothing to do with it, it's time to step the gently caress back and look in the mirror.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the halo still is a loving stupid idea

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The whole thing with Group B was that the entire issue was the Portugal event. All the drivers said the crowds were out of control every year and all the teams did too. Banning Group B was a knee jerk reaction to one event that should've been reigned in a long time before that.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

iberians always gotta ruin racing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

the halo still is a loving stupid idea

Ferrari wanted it though

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It doesn't seem to have on-demand replays, though. Will be great for daytime races -- the official MotoGP app is doing some weird poo poo on my iPad lately, which seems to involve crashing on lap 6-3 -- but I'm too old and busted to get up at 5 am for racing anymore.

It does. In the Moto GP page, scroll down to Recently Live Events.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Our Jackie, the least fraudulent Brit

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the halo is a good idea

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

dentist toy box posted:

iberians always gotta ruin racing

Truest statement in the thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

the halo is a good idea

That was a quick turn around

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Spent $300 on that dumb laser alignment thing instead of new tires. Things are getting serious now.

edit: I'm also tempted to get a Big Dovi cap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 14, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

Spent $300 on that dumb laser alignment thing instead of new tires. Things are getting serious now.

edit: I'm also tempted to get a Big Dovi cap.

You are like bizarro Collin Chapman

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

He really was a wanker https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_South_African_Grand_Prix when Marlboro are telling you that what you are doing is immoral and wrong and they want nothing to do with it, it's time to step the gently caress back and look in the mirror.

I really like old Kyalami but it was absolutely not acceptable to race there at the time. In reality they should have stopped in the 70s.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

F1 is just really into having tracks in countries with human rights abuses

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmfRnS-OTpY

Cool video of the best team: Scuderia Ferrari

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

It's real fuckin adorable that ricciardo and Felipe jr. are best buds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXshz1vgq1J/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can hate Danny Ri-

Oh right, Track Day Bro! does for some stupid reason. Maybe projecting.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't hate him i just never want him to do better than 4th again.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Powershift posted:

I don't hate him i just never want him to do better than 4th again.

Dan wants to kill the Shoey too. I think it was a dumb thing he did once that has taken on a life of it's own.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Schlesische posted:

I think she was actually alluding to a drug problem she developed to deal with the loss generally.
But yeah, Grand Prix: The Killer Years (linked here if you haven't seen it yet) is tough watching (their use of three hours is haunting) and it makes that whole era of F1 tough watching.

Thanks for posting this. I knew that era was bad but didn't realize the extent of it. That people would die and you would keep racing while smelling burning human flesh was crazy. Also the Williamson death is one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen. Purley in anguish trying to get people to help, or stop racing for that matter, is haunting.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There was a terrible modern movie called the deep blue sea, and a much better Steve McQueen one called the war lover, that both explored the hosed up psychology of some world war 2 fighter pilots. Basically what they said was that these pilots had got hooked on both the adrenaline and the glory that came with it, and what happens to these guys next when they are no longer heroes?
The conclusion was that they didn't give much of a poo poo about their lives and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory like all of the friends they had lost in the war.

Lot of F1 drivers when it started back up again and for years after were ex-pilots. Lot of mechanics were old spitfire mechanics. The younger men joining the sport in the 60s were coming in in an era where it would have been perfectly acceptable for the older drivers to shout them down and tell them to "man up" or "during the war we...." if they complained about saftey.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This owns in every way
https://youtu.be/LJ0Hq_WIRAQ

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

The official MotoGP app is doing some weird poo poo on my iPad lately, which seems to involve crashing on lap 6-3

Just like Iannone! :v:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can hate Danny Ri-

shoey, drives for red bull.

also today im remembering Il Commendatore, he never saw Ferrari as champion again. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The sarcasm is just the best. I wish we could post like that :allears:

• Locked thread