Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pakled posted:

1947, actually. But still.

Here's the full thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6-cEAJZlE

Thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

evilweasel posted:

this argument is why the word 'imminent' is in there

The nazis with guns and body armor make the threat imminent

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Xae posted:

Being a Nazi is incitement to imminent lawless action.

The core of their ideology is genocide. They are protesting to support loving killing people.

Okay. Imagine you want to have a BLM rally.

Shithead: "The core ideology of BLM is white genocide, they're protesting to support destroying our culture and our children's future".

And before you protest yes I know those arguments aren't really equivalent. But weakening first amendment protections will introduce enough muck to allow smart but evil right wing lawyers (think Ted Cruz) to do things that I promise you will not like.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

evilweasel posted:

this argument is why the word 'imminent' is in there

Genocide being a crime with a scale that implies a longer timeline than usual could mean that technically, despite the obviously heinous intent of these folks, it's still legal because we'd have time to prepare. I'm guessing that's what you're saying?

Seems like the system comes down to this: yeah we can see the obvious intent and nightmarish thing for this group but because they chose a complicated thing we're going to allow them to have the ability to project their platform, attract new members, and scare people because that's their right.

If that's the case, fine, but that's a poo poo system and it needs to be fixed.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Ogmius815 posted:

Shithead: "The core ideology of BLM is white genocide, they're protesting to support destroying our culture and our children's future".

And before you protest yes I know those arguments aren't really equivalent. But weakening first amendment protections will introduce enough muck to allow smart but evil right wing lawyers (think Ted Cruz) to do things that I promise you will not like.

ACLU was against moving the rally for safety concerns, which were clearly well-founded. Whatever else they've done, they hosed this up bad and deserve the scorn

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Covok posted:

Don't link that. It boils my blood.

https://twitter.com/GoDaddy/status/896935462622957573

Apparently godaddy was shocked, shocked, to find out the Daily Stormer was using their hosting service for their poo poo.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ogmius815 posted:

The problem is you are pretending that things are equal now, and that changing some law to loving stomp Nazis would make it harder for other groups. That's bullshit, other groups already get massively increased police intervention in comparison to white supremacists. Protest Trump and you'll be locked down right quick, say all the Jews should be shipped out of the country and start beating on black kids and you'll get a hands off policy. So why are you pretending that anyone needs an excuse to gently caress over groups like BLM if they want to? They already *are*. Meanwhile Nazis have been effectively hiding behind the First Amendment for decades. Maybe it's ok to turn the heat up on them, and there isn't a reasonable fear of a slippery slope because everyone not a privileged white motherfucker has already been rolled down that slope and is living in the poo poo.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Casey Finnigan posted:

ACLU was against moving the rally for safety concerns, which were clearly well-founded. Whatever else they've done, they hosed this up bad and deserve the scorn

No actually the local government hosed it up when they tried to move the rally to a less prominent location but didn't move the counter rally.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm noticing that the many of the goons who are cool with state encroachments on speech and demonstration are the same people who are squeamish about someone putting a bullet in the head of a Nazi. Liberalism is beyond obsolete.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Ogmius815 posted:

No actually the local government hosed it up when they tried to move the rally to a less prominent location but didn't move the counter rally.

Well gee one of the nazis from the rally drove a loving car into the counter rally so maybe that would have been a decent precaution to take. the guys who are known for advocating violent genocide as their ONLY goal besides total control of the government, turned out to be violent when they encountered people who disagreed

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 14, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

farraday posted:

Apparently godaddy was shocked, shocked, to find out the Daily Stormer was using their hosting service for their poo poo.

Nazis on your server? It's more likely than you think.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

farraday posted:

At least they are making an effort now instead of continuing to :effort:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

farraday posted:

Someone please snatch this up and turn it into an amazing meteorology page.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

coyo7e posted:

The thing is that in America unions are really no longer a thing unless you are an emergency service worker or are still a member of one of the grand old corrupt unions. The GOCU if you will. Their power level is... Yeah you get the idea

This pun was worth the set up. :golfclap:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just realized what the videos of Kessler being chased out of town reminded me of, the end of O Brother Where Art Thou where they run Homer Stokes out of town on a rail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypW9ptwviRU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Spiffster posted:

At least they are making an effort now instead of continuing to :effort:

Better now than never.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Someone please snatch this up and turn it into an amazing meteorology page.

:fap:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Red Baron posted:

Genocide being a crime with a scale that implies a longer timeline than usual could mean that technically, despite the obviously heinous intent of these folks, it's still legal because we'd have time to prepare. I'm guessing that's what you're saying?

Seems like the system comes down to this: yeah we can see the obvious intent and nightmarish thing for this group but because they chose a complicated thing we're going to allow them to have the ability to project their platform, attract new members, and scare people because that's their right.

If that's the case, fine, but that's a poo poo system and it needs to be fixed.

The system is not broken; it relies on an informed free citizenry to function...and in the broadest sense - in this thread - it's working.

We are outraged. Some in here to the point of considering violence, but outraged; and while I have expressed my own concerns about how we should be a nation of laws and not men most especially at such a time, I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned if there arose a consensus or an acceptance that these heinous shitstains maybe had not such a bad point-of-view about how the country should run.

Not seeing that anywhere. This will not stand. It could be the beginning of the end for Trump.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
At 5'6" it comforts me to know I could dunk on most of these lil nazis (assuming a non regulation net)

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized what the videos of Kessler being chased out of town reminded me of, the end of O Brother Where Art Thou where they run Homer Stokes out of town on a rail

sync that poo poo up someone please.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

farraday posted:

Uh huh, uh huh. And, uh, what kind of story does the Daily Stormer normally run?

This reads like something out of alternative history fiction.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

twistedmentat posted:

Gif it and yakety-sax it?

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...t2=&authorName=

(okay, URL showing up now)

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 14, 2017

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

PainterofCrap posted:

The system is not broken; it relies on an informed free citizenry to function...and in the broadest sense - in this thread - it's working.

We are outraged. Some in here to the point of considering violence, but outraged; and while I have expressed my own concerns about how we should be a nation of laws and not men most especially at such a time, I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned if there arose a consensus or an acceptance that these heinous shitstains maybe had not such a bad point-of-view about how the country should run.

Not seeing that anywhere. This will not stand. It could be the beginning of the end for Trump.

Sadly the citizenry is dumber than it was a few years ago on average. Not tongue in cheek either. The old reading level used to be tenth grade. It's fallen (depending on where you live) to between seventh and ninth.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mulva posted:

The problem is you are pretending that things are equal now, and that changing some law to loving stomp Nazis would make it harder for other groups. That's bullshit, other groups already get massively increased police intervention in comparison to white supremacists. Protest Trump and you'll be locked down right quick, say all the Jews should be shipped out of the country and start beating on black kids and you'll get a hands off policy. So why are you pretending that anyone needs an excuse to gently caress over groups like BLM if they want to? They already *are*. Meanwhile Nazis have been effectively hiding behind the First Amendment for decades. Maybe it's ok to turn the heat up on them, and there isn't a reasonable fear of a slippery slope because everyone not a privileged white motherfucker has already been rolled down that slope and is living in the poo poo.

And you're pretending our white supremacist president wouldn't pass something generic

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
🤔

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/896927138397405185

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

PainterofCrap posted:

I really think the telling moment will come with whatever happens next. If the right fucks it up, that's a perhaps terminal blow. If the left fucks up, or if it can somehow be spun to look that way, things get a bit murkier. I think we're still deeper in the woods than we think.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I also just realized that works even better because Stokes was shown to be a Grand Wizard of the Klan.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mulva posted:

Things are already bad, and therefore they can't get worse. Got it.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol the three percenters are more wiling to distance themselves from white supremacists than the loving president of the united states

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm noticing that the many of the goons who are cool with state encroachments on speech and demonstration are the same people who are squeamish about someone putting a bullet in the head of a Nazi. Liberalism is beyond obsolete.

Look dude, most people here aren't killers or fighters and don't want to be. Peace and justice is the natural state to strive for. I would like to spend most of my time on math and science instead of in pitched street battles with Nazis. If I have to, then I'll do it to protect everyone and make sure the Nazis stay buried... but seriously, no one here is really dying to go out and die. This lack of bloodlust is perfectly normal for decent human beings. Unlike the far right, we didn't spend the last 20 loving years stroking our dicks with our guns, wondering when we could re-enact every scene out of Dirty Harry.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Weirdly when I asked here earlier, nobody answered about why militias showed up to Charlottesville in the first place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

R. Guyovich posted:

i dont think so tim

OK, what the gently caress do you suppose happened to Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia?

And who's Tim?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

this is a really big deal. The Three Percenters are nutjobs. Them stepping back means that the Nazis messed up, bad.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Azhais posted:

And you're pretending our white supremacist president wouldn't pass something generic

It's not up to him, the House and Senate can make something veto proof and being against white supremacists is a slam dunk in PR terms. And both groups wouldn't mind a PR win.

theflyingorc posted:

Things are already bad, and therefore they can't get worse. Got it.

Do nothing, I'm afraid.

- An American hero.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 14, 2017

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

coyo7e posted:

Weirdly when I asked here earlier, nobody answered about why militias showed up to Charlottesville in the first place.

They're nazis too

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

theflyingorc posted:

this is a really big deal. The Three Percenters are nutjobs. Them stepping back means that the Nazis messed up, bad.

Can you put it into perspective for those of us who don't know about the group?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

coyo7e posted:

The militia movement is in so deep with white supremacy that they're near synonymous.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So who will be Ernst Rohm and the Brownshirts for Trump's Night of the Long Knives?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Ratoslov posted:

The militia movement is in so deep with white supremacy that they're near synonymous.

Yeah I understand the obvious answer it just seems like some journalists out there ought to be able to get a decent write-up about it.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Kammat posted:

So who will be Ernst Rohm and the Brownshirts for Trump's Night of the Long Knives?

Kekistani anime Nazis will be assassinated first. Ironically, they're the most "degenerate" of the bunch, in the eyes of actual Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

coyo7e posted:

'to keep the peace' aka let nazis and racists demonstrate as they please. they are absolutely aligned with nazis and this is a pathetic walkback

• Locked thread