Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Largepotato posted:

Ollie Wines is going to have a week's holiday after giving a late head-high bump.

Late, left his feet, all head, he's hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Anyone know where you can get a round-by-round comparison of the age/experience of the teams that play?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/OnlyBaloney/status/896590695862902786

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That is not on

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

Anyone know where you can get a round-by-round comparison of the age/experience of the teams that play?

Footywire has breakdowns on their game stats page so with a little work compiling you could do it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Collingwood is an incredibly dumb football team, and has bad skills on top, I don't understand how we let them get 50 points in front

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Footywire has breakdowns on their game stats page so with a little work compiling you could do it

Yeah, I was hoping that someone had done it already so I could be lazy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Collingwood is an incredibly dumb football team, and has bad skills on top, I don't understand how we let them get 50 points in front

Probably because there aren't any particularly good football teams this year, Crows included.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Bloody MCC toffs.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Bloody MCC toffs.

The broken serving board takes the cake... MUCH LIKE OUR BROKEN SEASON.

Actually feeling kind of hollow at the moment. Just kind of want the season to be over and another preseason into the boys.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Also a ~30% chance the Saints will fall behind Hawthorn so that pick you're getting...

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Also a ~30% chance the Saints will fall behind Hawthorn so that pick you're getting...

That hardly matters. The Saints still will have gotten two 2nd round picks for free.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

That hardly matters. The Saints still will have gotten two 2nd round picks for free.

It warms our hearts though, after aaaallllll that gloating

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

Was mostly from Geelong, Essendon and Carlton fans.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Its true, I'm very disappointed

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Thats some pretty shoddy straws to be grasping at there.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

Thats some pretty shoddy straws to be grasping at there.

Which ones, the saints being bad, or that they aren't getting the high draft pick they were hoping for?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Which ones, the saints being bad, or that they aren't getting the high draft pick they were hoping for?

Well you're not above us yet for starters?

Also no matter what happens you've at minimum upgraded us 2 spots and gave us two free 2nd rounders in exchange for a player who didn't even hit my "games for the season" prediction. Thats not something to be gloating about when you're on the precipice of a major re-build.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Nathan Schmook in an article where we've actually got to have a discussion about whether or not putting your studs into someone's face is a bad thing posted:

Greene knew Dahlhaus was closing in and he used the studs of his boots to protect himself. If the MRP think that is reasonable the case is closed here.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-12/analysis-five-toby-questions-for-the-mrp-to-consider

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I've heard serious division over whether he should go or not. Real nothing in it versus give him the guillotine poo poo.

I don't think Greene deserves benefit of the doubt anymore so I'm on team guillotine

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Being as generous to Toby Greene as humanly possible, the facts of the matter are:

He was off the ground and stuck his foot out, studs first at head height. His foot hit another player in the face causing blood to be drawn. So, by an action he chose to do, he caused at least 'medium' level physical damage to an opposition player.

No-one is disputing any of this.

So quibbles about intent, or whether it is legal to protect your space with the sole of your boot in a handball contest aren't really that relevant.

A player injured another player with head high contact. Surely that is at the very least careless, if not reckless. And with Toby's record that should get him at least a week.

Also all this is being generous, because my personal opinion is he kicked a man in the head, and is whinging that he did nothing wrong. The protestations of "Hey i only kicked him in the face, that's what footy is all about" from Greene and Cameron should get him another week IMO

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

BrigadierSensible posted:

Being as generous to Toby Greene as humanly possible, the facts of the matter are:

He was off the ground and stuck his foot out, studs first at head height. His foot hit another player in the face causing blood to be drawn. So, by an action he chose to do, he caused at least 'medium' level physical damage to an opposition player.

No-one is disputing any of this.

So quibbles about intent, or whether it is legal to protect your space with the sole of your boot in a handball contest aren't really that relevant.

A player injured another player with head high contact. Surely that is at the very least careless, if not reckless. And with Toby's record that should get him at least a week.

Also all this is being generous, because my personal opinion is he kicked a man in the head, and is whinging that he did nothing wrong. The protestations of "Hey i only kicked him in the face, that's what footy is all about" from Greene and Cameron should get him another week IMO

Same.

I just can't stand the response from the likes of Carey and Ling falling over themselves to defend Greene.

EDIT: It was funny watching Danny McGinlay on the Ch 7 sunday footy show mocking the Greene kick, Stevie J and Deledio really didn't look happy about it. Also Deledio came across as someone who enjoys their own bath water.

Spedman fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 14, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

Well you're not above us yet for starters?

Also no matter what happens you've at minimum upgraded us 2 spots and gave us two free 2nd rounders in exchange for a player who didn't even hit my "games for the season" prediction. Thats not something to be gloating about when you're on the precipice of a major re-build.

Saints supporters are so bitter.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The problem I have with people arguing for Greene to be let off is that nobody is arguing you can't put your leg out to defend yourself, but can anyone actually name the last time a player got kicked in the face as a result of that action? So it can't be considered the same as if it was the usual cleats the stomach that players will occasionally cop. It's not that Toby Greene was just unlucky, you don't get to stick your foot out at head height to an oncoming player and be considered the unlucky one.

Also fox footy are currently projecting that if things shake out in the remaining 2 games then the Dees will be lining up on the Swans in week 1 of the finals. poo poo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

The problem I have with people arguing for Greene to be let off is that nobody is arguing you can't put your leg out to defend yourself, but can anyone actually name the last time a player got kicked in the face as a result of that action? So it can't be considered the same as if it was the usual cleats the stomach that players will occasionally cop. It's not that Toby Greene was just unlucky, you don't get to stick your foot out at head height to an oncoming player and be considered the unlucky one.

Also fox footy are currently projecting that if things shake out in the remaining 2 games then the Dees will be lining up on the Swans in week 1 of the finals. poo poo.

Need to lose a game to get Port instead

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Need to lose a game to get Port instead

Or even better, lose two games and not have to play anyone.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Or even better, lose two games and not have to play anyone.

I like your thinking.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...813-gxvg1f.html

People are garbage

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hope they're all banned for life.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

There wax some chatter about this over on r/afl. From what I've read he should never have been umpiring, if the rumour about him having cousins on cooks team is true.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I loving hate the hand wringing over if Greene gets suspended then 'football is dead' or some poo poo like that. There are ways to protect yourself outside of sticking a boot in someones face like using a knee or your hips or even getting studs into someones guts.
But instead people are just going like 'if it wasn't Greene then there'd be nothing in it' when that kinda is a factor when decided if someone is enough of a sociopath to kick someone in the face.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Football will be dead, because it happens all the time apparently. Except I can't remember the last time someone got kicked in the face running back with the flight.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If Steven King had been suspended for kicking Jeff Whites face in there would be no afl today. Fact.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Barrett thinks there'll be a fine for Greene.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chairchucker posted:

Hope they're all banned for life.

If not, then the league is sending the message, "It's perfectly fine to intimidate the umps, and if you are too polite to do it, just get your dad to take a swing. It'll be OK"

For as much as everyone here loves hanging poo poo on the umpires, they need to be protected from this kind of poo poo.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
this is an amazing page

https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What a nuftie, everyone knows you're meant to microwave the loving thing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
MRP has offered green a $1500 sanction for misconduct lol

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

MRP has offered green a $1500 sanction for misconduct lol

Finally there's some justice in the world! If Dahlhaus had been 3 feet taller he only would have been kicked in the chest and this never would have been an issue!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jack Redpath jumper punches Davis who flopped like a bitch and gets two weeks
Greene kicks Dahlhaus in the face and draws blood and gets let off with a fine.

AND WE WONDER WHY NOBODY HAS FAITH IN THE MRP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How did Ollie Wines only get a fine for leaving his feet to make a late bump to the head?

• Locked thread