Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just release the Zelda HD remaster whatevers already. The fact that I can't play every zelda game on the Switch confuses and enrages me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Cojawfee posted:

Just release the Zelda HD remaster whatevers already. The fact that I can't play every zelda game on the Switch confuses and enrages me.

Get a Wii U.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't know the coins expired, that's dumb.

http://mynintendo.com/point/expiration

Tells you when they're about to. Platinum expire REALLY quickly as I found out when I logged in and suddenly had 0. I wish they would warn you because I'd rather have a dumb little wallpaper than absolutely nothing.

Rexroom posted:

Get a Wii U.

Do not get a Wii U in 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 14, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bill Barber posted:

If you're playing on the toilet with a pro controller then where is your switch resting? :gonk:
i balance it on my massive erection

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

Soon, but instead of releasing games for old systems, they will be creating games for an imaginary system with specs somewhere between the snes and n64 and presenting them as if they are forgotten classics.

This is a real thing that is happening

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/07/ufo-50-collection-50-indie-games/

They are making 50 brand new games for an imaginary system around NES/SNES specs

It looks like they're gonna retail it as a single piece of software though

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Cool, Action 52

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Except these are made by at least somewhat respected indie developers who have made games before, not some people who have never done games before trying to make a quick buck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do not get a Wii U in 2017

Realtalk; if you're so much as considering a WiiU for even just 1-2 games, get it NOW. There is a fixed ratio of gamepads to consoles in the wild, and now is the only time it'll be a favourable one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

I've come to love the split joycon d-pad.

Same. It doesn't bother me a bit

Also do buy a WiiU in 2017 because it still has a lot of great games that didn't get ported to the switch and might not.

Nintendo, Captain Toad DX when

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The rayman legends demo is available in the EU eshop, for those interested. You have to find it in the coming soon section though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Realtalk; if you're so much as considering a WiiU for even just 1-2 games, get it NOW. There is a fixed ratio of gamepads to consoles in the wild, and now is the only time it'll be a favourable one.

This is why I'm convinced working Wii U's are going to sell for ridiculous prices to collectors in 5-10 years.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo is having a panel at PAX West. Dunno what it'll be about buy hey it's something!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tomorrow you might go "What's this 'Troll and I' game being released alongside Sonic Mania.. perhaps I might purchase it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowBKwfst1M

Do not purchase Troll and I

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

incoherent posted:

Yeah, avoid all of asia and get it from the uk. The price I got from amazon.co.jp was the same price they're charging on amazon.com.

They look really nice. Now I'm fomo about the color appropriate joycon wristbands.

Joycon straps look bad with matching color imo

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

mancalamania posted:

I personally found that that my Pro Controller d-pad went from borderline unusable (at least in Puyo Puyo Tetris) to completely fine once I stopped treating it like an actual d-pad and started treating it like 4 separate buttons. I think whatever design flaw this d-pad has involves the central pivot, and when you roll your thumb on that pivot it starts triggering incorrect directions very easily. This might explain why different people are having different experiences.

It's a bummer because actively avoiding rolling my thumb on the center completely defeats the purpose of having the d-pad instead of the 4 joycon buttons, and it kind of tires out my thumb after playing for more than like 20 minutes.

Mine tends to gently caress up if I press the D-pad with any pressure beyond "gently," which is some really difficult muscle memory to conquer in a game like Tetris where you're pushing it super fast. For just about every other game, though, no problems as long as I think gentle.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tatsuta Age posted:

Whys the eShop interface still insanely bad
The 3DS and WiiU eShop also had bad interfaces. They just had cool music to distract you from that fact.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Someone get Sonic Mania and tell me if it's good.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

irlZaphod posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Comes out tomorrow, but I think reviews are supposed to be out today.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

irlZaphod posted:

The 3DS and WiiU eShop also had bad interfaces. They just had cool music to distract you from that fact.

They had an actual list of games at least lol

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

I gotta say, I never realized how much a lack of a proper D-pad can make things awkward. Playing 2D platformers with the direction buttons feels so off to me, that I pretty much resorted to using the analog stick.
The Pro Controller makes 2D platformers much better. I don't know what's up with the D-pad issues--I don't have them.

I'd suggest picking up a Pro Controller at retail and try it out, if you don't have issues with it then great. If you do, return it. If the problem was a manufacturing flaw then the original batches should've cycled through by now. If it's a design flaw that affects every unit with varying degree of user sensitivity, then you'll know whether or not it works for you.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Policenaut posted:

It must be a very interesting balance Nintendo has to make when going back to the Wii U library to decide what to remaster and what to push ahead on. We got sequels to Splatoon and Xenoblade, but remasters of Mario Kart 8 and Pokken. The scant few standout third party games are probably easy bets, like Platinum has been teasing hard that they'll be doing the Bayonetta 1&2 pack and possibly Wonderful 101, but you gotta wonder at what point they just have to soldier on forward.

I hope that Wonderful 101 pulls a Bayo 2 and is a sequel and the first game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

They had an actual list of games at least lol
The Switch one does too, its main failing imo is that you can't just go in and browse categories or anything. I don't think there's any sorting either? I'm sure it'll improve with updates (I bloody hope so, at least).

enojy posted:

Comes out tomorrow, but I think reviews are supposed to be out today.
It was a preemptive request for tomorrow.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I haven't gotten it yet but I'm telling you right now that it is super good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Platinum doesn't release Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch.

I hope they release Bayonetta Trilogy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Platinum doesn't release Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch.

I hope they release Bayonetta Trilogy.

I hope they do too just so we can get angry game editorials about Nintendo stealing games from real gamers again

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Have you watched any of the videos of it? There is almost no way it will be anything less than "good". I think the real question is how amazing will it be? Just plain amazing, or really amazing

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

irlZaphod posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

I played the demo at one of the Switch preview events

It was p. great

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Thank you friends. As a childhood Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I am looking forward to Mania.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sonics biggest weakness was trying to make it work in 3D. It's gameplay just doesn't translate over well and hopefully after Mania sega will realize this and we won't get more garbage 3D Sonics

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Sonics biggest weakness was trying to make it work in 3D. It's gameplay just doesn't translate over well and hopefully after Mania sega will realize this and we won't get more garbage 3D Sonics

Actually it works quite well in Sonic Colours, because Sonic Team literally figured out the best gimmick to pad out those big long 3D levels was 2D platforming.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There's a 3D Sonic game out this year and it's going to outsell Mania just on the back of being able to make your own OC.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I just bought a switch to play Sonic goons

(And Zelda I guess)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bayonetta seems perfect in Smash. She was always destined to be a core Nintendo character

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I dunno, Generations and Colors were pretty fun, seems like the way to go is a hybrid of both playstyles and keep the levels under 5 minutes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, Sonic's biggest weakness was making bad games not being 3D.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So in AU Sonic Mania released at Midnight, so I'm hoping its also going to be in the US.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Fancy Hat! posted:

So in AU Sonic Mania released at Midnight, so I'm hoping its also going to be in the US.

oh gently caress I could've been playing it for 10 hours by now

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have my fingers crossed for a midnight release for eu as well (pleeeease).

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING

mancalamania posted:

I personally found that that my Pro Controller d-pad went from borderline unusable (at least in Puyo Puyo Tetris) to completely fine once I stopped treating it like an actual d-pad and started treating it like 4 separate buttons. I think whatever design flaw this d-pad has involves the central pivot, and when you roll your thumb on that pivot it starts triggering incorrect directions very easily. This might explain why different people are having different experiences.

It's a bummer because actively avoiding rolling my thumb on the center completely defeats the purpose of having the d-pad instead of the 4 joycon buttons, and it kind of tires out my thumb after playing for more than like 20 minutes.

This is absolutely what is going on. The people who are complaining the most about the controllers are rolling on the d-pad instead of precisely pressing the buttons (while complaining about precision, mind you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bayonetta seems perfect in Smash. She was always destined to be a core Nintendo character

I still can't believe she's in Smash. People freaked out cause Snake was from an M-rated game but Bayonetta is one of the most M-rated games there is.:lol:

• Locked thread