Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

texaholic posted:

So in the next episode Jon's group of raiders starts getting their poo poo pushed in and randomly Dany shows up at the right moment and saves the day

theres a scene in the preview where shes standing in dragonstone staring at the map lookin all sad with Tyrion

she will probably go: "I should be there" or "I should go see this poo poo for myself" and then split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Went to pieces.

It really burned him up

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He was pretty steamed at Sam.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Constant posted:

theres a scene in the preview where shes standing in dragonstone staring at the map lookin all sad with Tyrion

she will probably go: "I should be there" or "I should go see this poo poo for myself" and then split

Spoilers say that Gendry gets sent back to the wall to send a distress raven to her and she responds to that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

skasion posted:

It really burned him up

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He was pretty steamed at Sam.

He always was a little hot headed.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Harton posted:

Davos has risen to Bronn levels of awesome this season.

His line about living to a ripe old age was amazing. Also the rowing joke.

The onion knight has always been the GOAT. More so before D&D ruined stannis

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Davos has some really cool chapters in ADWD, the whole White Harbor episode is really good and I can't wait for his exploits on Cannibal Island.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Spoilers say that Gendry gets sent back to the wall to send a distress raven to her and she responds to that.

Our plan to steal a ghoul from a giant swarm of undead and then outpace them in a blizzard went as one might expect STOP
send dragons plx STOP
urgent, skellingtons clawing our eyes badly STOP

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

maybe bran should teach jon how to use the tree phone

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Our plan to steal a ghoul from a giant swarm of undead and then outpace them in a blizzard went as one might expect STOP
send dragons plx STOP

it just occurred to me they could've took a terminally ill person or a prisoner of war a few yards outside the gate, killed them and waited for em to turn

already chained and packaged up but that would be too easy wouldnt it

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

send dragons plx STOP

This message will lead to the destruction of the Wall that probably was effective in keeping the White Walkers away. Only when the Night King sensed that dragons were available again did he mobilize his army. It actually explains a lot (e.g. Why the Maesters killed all the dr

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

send dragons plx STOP

And Tyrion is hopefully going to yell "it's a trap"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

And Tyrion is hopefully going to yell "it's a trap"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLSL8E-FLrQ

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Constant posted:

maybe bran should teach jon how to use the tree phone

Yeah it could have just been Bran sending Dany a raven going off on one of his visions. He did just that this last episode and it would have shown how he's actually an asset to our brave heroes.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I hope Gendry sends the message and disappears for the rest of the show

I mean I like him but it'd be too funny

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rabid Snake posted:

The onion knight has always been the GOAT. More so before D&D ruined stannis

Even in the books. Stannis chapters were only any good because they were all from Davos's point of view.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
I don't understand. Couldn't Jon just show Cersei the cave wall drawings of White Walkers?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He could take his chalk to that dragon cellar in the red keep, save her the travel time.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

skasion posted:

Probably. He could have died offscreen, but we don't know for sure. He's leading the Freys and Manderleys to attack Stannis. If you believe the letter from Ramsay that Jon receives was actually from Ramsay, it kind of implies Roose is dead because it's signed "Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell". On the other hand it could be Ramsay bullshitting, or someone else bullshitting that they are Ramsay.

It's been 6 years since I read it, but my recollection is that it's:

Roose + Ramsay
Freys
Manderleys (plotting to backstab Boltons)

vs.

Stannis
Mormonts
Karstarks (plotting to backstab Stannis)

In the middle of a blizzard.

Then the pink letter is sent by Ramsay (not Roose) claiming victory, saying he's got lord's heads on the wall and Stannis's sword. Conspicuously nothing else about Stannis himself.

So my guess is that it's a total clusterfuck where Stannis lost (but survived), both armies were totaled, and Ramsay killed Roose in the chaos.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
so i'm caught up with the spoilers.

Robert's rebellion was all because he got dumped lol.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
My favorite Davos quote is

"Nothing fucks you harder than time"

So true.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

so i'm caught up with the spoilers.

Robert's rebellion was all because he got dumped lol.

Robert's Rebellion was because Aerys murdered the Stark lord when he went to voice his grievances over what appeared to be his daughter's kidnapping.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
he lied. he knew the truth

was just being a bitch

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Rhaegar could have potentially prevented generations of bloodshed by just not doing it on the sly.

Yeah Robert Baratheon would have been salty if he'd done an official proclamation "I have officially annulled my marriage and stolen Bobby's girl-- I'm the crown prince so I do what I want," but he probably couldn't have got everyone onboard with a rebellion as well as with the "kidnapping" narrative.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Big Bob would have gone along with the supposed plot to remove Aerys with a Great Council vote... but Rhaegar hosed that up too.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Robert's Rebellion was because Aerys murdered the Stark lord when he went to voice his grievances over what appeared to be his daughter's kidnapping.

Actually it was because he brutally murdered the Stark Lord, his heir and then send people to Jon Arryn, who was supposed to give them the heads of Robert and Ned, who were his wards in the Eyrie, which led to Arryn raising his banners in rebellion.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Rhaegar could have potentially prevented generations of bloodshed by just not doing it on the sly.

Yeah Robert Baratheon would have been salty if he'd done an official proclamation "I have officially annulled my marriage and stolen Bobby's girl-- I'm the crown prince so I do what I want," but he probably couldn't have got everyone onboard with a rebellion as well as with the "kidnapping" narrative.

If he told that to his father and Brandon Stark before the whole "burning the father while the son strangles himself trying to save him" episode sure. But he didn't because he was busy getting the bureaucracy to annul his marriage and get a new one.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
robert fucks the world because he thinks he owns a women.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

robert fucks the world because he thinks he owns a women.

No, Robert was at the Eyrie loving random women while the Starks got into it. He was only later the figure head of the rebellion because of his relatively strong claim.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Wizgot posted:

So true.

Yeah this was great as well, especially after a day of wakeboarding and drinking which really drove his point home for me. loving body feels like beef jerky.

Book Davos is also one of my favorites. He filled the Ned Stark void for me after the unfortunate events of book one. In my head cannon he's a bastard Stark somewhere along the line.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wizgot posted:

So true.

davos is the only thing keeping this show going, hes in on the entire thing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
davos is so loving dead next season aint he lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

He is going to get chumped out to give pathos to one of the boring leads and I will be extremely mad and nude and red and online over it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's really good that they've characterized Jon Snow as a stupid guy so nobody can say "that was a bad decision!" like it's a problem with the narrative.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

anime was right posted:

I'll stop watching I swear to God. Kill whoever but leave Davos alone.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Does the phrase "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come" turn up in the books?

Because it's loving dumb.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

anime was right posted:

I really hope he and Bronn are in it until the end

Also I know it's ridiculous but I've expected Jorah to die so many times now that I'm starting to wonder if he'll make it to the end of the show, which would be hilarious

And it would be loving incredible if Dany goes completely nuts and Jorah is the one who kills her

e:

Captain Splendid posted:

Does the phrase "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come" turn up in the books?

Jon said it and Mance said it therefore Jon is Mance's (aka Rhaegar's) son :haw:

Cornflakes fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 14, 2017

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

From 5 to 2x 15 gold crowns to bribe the city guard. Holy inflation, or did prices of food skyrocket due to crops destroyed in the war?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

OperaMouse posted:

From 5 to 2x 15 gold crowns to bribe the city guard. Holy inflation, or did prices of food skyrocket due to crops destroyed in the war?

Davos really should have invested in Braavosi Bitcoins when he had the chance.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

No, that's a show invention and they ruined one of the most epic dialogues with it

quote:

"I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

OperaMouse posted:

I kinda figured Davos was low balling them on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

texaholic posted:

I kinda figured Davos was low balling them on purpose.

5 golden dragons alone would be extremely expensive. In the prologue of AFFC the maidenhead of Rosie costs one golden dragon and even that is nearly impossible for Pate to save.

But that's such a minor gripe with the show that I don't really care.

• Locked thread