Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

...by giving us even worse deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

psydude posted:

Bannon is retarded Rasputin.

You need to copyright this phrase

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

Bannon is retarded Rasputin.

Probably his Secret Service codename.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Doesn't do credit to Rasputin.

Rasputin plowed all sorts of Slavic Strange from peasant to noble and drank so much that even RUSSIANS thought he had a drinking issue. Maybe that's why the poison didn't take at first which is why the LEAD CURES RASPUTIN approach had to be taken.

Bannon looks like he'd keel over dead from a brief jog.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Had a discussion with coworkers about Charlottesville and one of them quoted "one racist rear end in a top hat ran over more racist assholes who were protesting other racist assholes". I'm not sure where the anti Nazi protesters became racists but I started getting really irked and ended the conversations with "THEY ARE LITERAL NAZIS JESUS CHRIST".

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MA-Horus posted:

LEAD NEVA CURES RASPUTIN

To continue the Rasputin analogy, I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon washed up in the Chesapeake like a beached whale.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/897079368115044353
https://twitter.com/Merck/status/897065338566791169

Donny mad at random CEO for coming out stronger against white supremacists by resigning from President's Manufacturing Council.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

Donny mad at random CEO for coming out stronger against white supremacists by resigning from President's Manufacturing Council.

https://twitter.com/darrensands/status/897081510511116288

clicku

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Imagine if trump had made the decision nine months ago to just shut the gently caress up

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

hey guys

does anyone remember what 'normal' feels like anymore?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Makes sense then. Would be nice if more private industry stopped working with this administration but, that'll never happen until the very end.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MA-Horus posted:

hey guys

does anyone remember what 'normal' feels like anymore?

Normal just felt like disappointment in everything.

Now everything feels like muted shock.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Perhaps disappointment wasn't all that bad in comparison.

For all the flak the Democrats got over their completely idiotic "have you seen the other guys" ad, they're not wrong.

Or, for that matter, that bad themselves. Incompetent at getting themselves elected, sure, but all things told I think this election cycle shows us that milquetoast liberalism perhaps isn't such a bad thing after all.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Milquetoast liberalism helped bring us here.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thalantos posted:

Milquetoast liberalism helped bring us here.

There's violence on both sides!!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm loving glad that trump is so bad at being a fascist

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

hopefully :getin:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Had a discussion with coworkers about Charlottesville and one of them quoted "one racist rear end in a top hat ran over more racist assholes who were protesting other racist assholes". I'm not sure where the anti Nazi protesters became racists but I started getting really irked and ended the conversations with "THEY ARE LITERAL NAZIS JESUS CHRIST".

It's because the protest crowd is perceived as being completely BLM, which is itself perceived as racist because it "claims" black lives matter more than white lives and blue lives. the right would never miss a chance to get in some jabs at the left. I.e. Renowned poo poo head Huckabee was on Fox News and used his condemnation of the neo nazis as a segue into pro life chat

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
A guy at work gave me a nazi salute the other day when I politely nodded my head as he bitched about natives while working on their reserve. I don't like to tattle but I also don't like nazis. He wasn't from my yard so I got no idea what his name is

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Imagine if trump had made the decision nine months ago to just shut the gently caress up

Imagine all the fuckers around him that want him to shut the gently caress up. It makes me smile that their blood pressure is probably going to force them into early heart attacks.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I remember when the president would attack a company and its stock price would crash, then come back up.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/897094008702464000

Now the stock price just goes up :laugh:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

there is no way algorithmic day traders aren't tied into trump's tweets now. he could manipulate the stock market by just tweeting out a lot of gibberish about coca cola and walmart being hitler

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Who were you?

Edit: Has anyone told Trump that Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia didn't get along? He may have to pick a side.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

Who were you?

Edit: Has anyone told Trump that Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia didn't get along? He may have to pick a side.

P sure that's reverend maynard

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Nah, fascism is a fail-state for civilization. It's what happens when people lose faith in all alternatives.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

P sure that's reverend maynard

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

there is no way algorithmic day traders aren't tied into trump's tweets now. he could manipulate the stock market by just tweeting out a lot of gibberish about coca cola and walmart being hitler

Some algorithmic day traders monitor Trump's twitter to try to make money off the companies he mentions, others see this and do the opposite to try to make money off the first group, and a few months later the universe balances itself before most humans can fire enough synapses to realize what happened.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
FBI caught another sucker, this one's a three-percenter McVeigh admirer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...06ab_story.html

quote:

The FBI has arrested an Oklahoma man on charges that he tried to detonate what he thought was a 1,000-pound bomb outside a bank, acting out of a hatred for the U.S. government and an admiration for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy Mc­Veigh, according to court papers.

Jerry Drake Varnell was arrested shortly after a Friday night attempt to detonate a fake bomb packed into what he believed was a stolen cargo van outside the bank in Oklahoma City, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

According to the complaint, over the course of a months-long undercover investigation by the FBI, Varnell made repeated statements about the extent of his hatred of the federal government.

In one conversation he said he believed in the “Three Percenter” ideology — a form of anti-government activism that pledges resistance against the United States government on the belief it has infringed on the Constitution, according to court papers. Those who subscribe to the ideology incorrectly believe that only 3 percent of the colonial population participated in the American Revolution, and they see themselves as their heirs.

According to the complaint, Varnell expressed a desire to blow up buildings, but in a way that would minimize deaths or casualties, possibly by detonating the device at night when offices would be mostly empty.

Authorities said Varnell attempted to detonate the fake bomb at 6:30 p.m. Friday. He was taken into custody shortly after midnight, according to the complaint.

Authorities are expected to announce his arrest later Monday.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

Who were you?

What do Poland and Donald Trump have in common?

They both let Nazis and Russians walk all over them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some algorithmic day traders monitor Trump's twitter to try to make money off the companies he mentions, others see this and do the opposite to try to make money off the first group, and a few months later the universe balances itself before most humans can fire enough synapses to realize what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWveqlDYj4I&t=28s

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Oh someone finally saw Fight Club

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Hezbollah is starting to wind down ISIS operations and go back to Israeli ones

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/897137056014643200

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The president finally came out to condemn the nazis. Ohwait, no, he didn't. He still is pushing that everyone is bad and I take his speech that the DOJ is going to be slamming down on counterprotesters hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y55BVXffY&t=1305s

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

facialimpediment posted:

gently caress three percenters (imagine the Hound's voice when you read it)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FastestGunAlive posted:

gently caress three percenters (imagine the Hound's voice when you read it)

I don't know what the Hound sounds like, so I'm substituting Patrick Warburton.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I'm loving glad that trump is so bad at being a fascist

From what I've read in the military history thread Fascist states are generally clownshows.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. Nice! posted:

The president finally came out to condemn the nazis. Ohwait, no, he didn't. He still is pushing that everyone is bad and I take his speech that the DOJ is going to be slamming down on counterprotesters hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y55BVXffY&t=1305s

It looks like he is blinding each eye separately. Like a lizard :tinfoil:

But seriously, your eyes not blinking in unison is a strong indicator of some pretty severe brain dysfunction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

RFC2324 posted:

It looks like he is blinding each eye separately. Like a lizard :tinfoil:

But seriously, your eyes not blinking in unison is a strong indicator of some pretty severe brain dysfunction.

He's squinting to read the teleprompter because he's blind.

• Locked thread