Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like there were still a ton of dog whistles

"No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws"

"To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered.​”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

god imgur loving sucks now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

When it comes to uploading stuff or the community? Cause the community has always been one step away from being full blown alt-right.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

I hate the fact that when you're phone-posting you can only access their lovely mobile-only site

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I used their app to upload something one time and for whatever reason the size was changed to pretty much postage stamp sized and I had to just redo it when I got to a computer

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I used their app to upload something one time and for whatever reason the size was changed to pretty much postage stamp sized and I had to just redo it when I got to a computer

this was my experience as well. totally useless on mobile.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

I just now used it to upload some mobile pics to use on my pc and it worked just fine. Maybe they fixed that part but the rest is terrible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

TFF Chat Thread - Nazi is a racial slur against whites

You cant say Nazi, intruder. That's our word.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

Also my dragon soap opera had a minor character drop the biggest knowledge bomb of the whole series in passing and they tied up an end so loose it became a meme from aaaaaaages ago

I get the second meme part, but what was the biggest knowledge bomb?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

You cant say Nazi, intruder. That's our word.

The new n word

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I get the second meme part, but what was the biggest knowledge bomb?

That Jon Snow is the true born son of Prince Raegar and therefore ahead of Daenerys in succession from the mad king.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Eli Wiggum posted:

I hate the fact that when you're phone-posting you can only access their lovely mobile-only site

There's an option to have the desktop version at the bottom of the side bar drop down

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Flikken posted:

That Jon Snow is the true born son of Prince Raegar and therefore ahead of Daenerys in succession from the mad king.

Oh, I thought "truth bomb revealed by minor character" meant the minor character was, like, a person. And not the dragon.

THE KING OF THE NORTH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My ideal acting role would to be a minor northern lord with weird hair who just gets really stoked when he gets to yell "THE KING OF THE NORTH!!!"

My actors secret is that my role really loves to yell THE KING OF THE NORTH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Oh, I thought "truth bomb revealed by minor character" meant the minor character was, like, a person. And not the dragon.

THE KING OF THE NORTH

What's her name who was hanging with Samwell also reads a bit mentioning an annulment then new wedding ceremony taking place in the same day, I assumed it was a reference to that as well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Flikken posted:

We already knew that - Brandon saw it in a vision. The reason Ned Stark lied to his wife and everyone else about Jon being his bastard was to protect the child from Ned's best broseph, King Robert Baratheon, who hated the targaryans and would have killed the child. Jon's mother is Ned's wife's sister, so Jon is Ned's nephew, and Daenerys is Jon's aunt.

The bomb is that the knowledge is recorded in a book and was just read out loud to Samwell Tarly, who - if he remembers it - could potentially tell Jon Snow. And the book, which I guess is the memoirs of the maester who made it all happen, would probably be strong enough proof to convince everyone important, so they don't have to rely on Bran's testimony.

What I wonder is if the story will resolve with Daenerys marrying Jon. Which, OK, incestuous, but the Targaryans famously married sister to brother for generations to preserve their bloodline... and Jon is the last of the targaryans still alive, other than Daenerys.

e. also I think it might mean Jon is immune to fire, which could be a reason for why the Red Priestess lady knew he was important. Something something fire and ice etc.

e2. in case anyone missed it, jon snow is jesus, complete with a betrayal and resurrection

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 14, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/texas-white-nationalist-protest-trnd/

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Leperflesh posted:

We already knew that - Brandon saw it in a vision. The reason Ned Stark lied to his wife and everyone else about Jon being his bastard was to protect the child from Ned's best broseph, King Robert Baratheon, who hated the targaryans and would have killed the child. Jon's mother is Ned's wife's sister, so Jon is Ned's nephew, and Daenerys is Jon's aunt.

The bomb is that the knowledge is recorded in a book and was just read out loud to Samwell Tarly, who - if he remembers it - could potentially tell Jon Snow. And the book, which I guess is the memoirs of the maester who made it all happen, would probably be strong enough proof to convince everyone important, so they don't have to rely on Bran's testimony.

What I wonder is if the story will resolve with Daenerys marrying Jon. Which, OK, incestuous, but the Targaryans famously married sister to brother for generations to preserve their bloodline... and Jon is the last of the targaryans still alive, other than Daenerys.

e. also I think it might mean Jon is immune to fire, which could be a reason for why the Red Priestess lady knew he was important. Something something fire and ice etc.

e2. in case anyone missed it, jon snow is jesus, complete with a betrayal and resurrection

We knew he was Raegar's son, we did NOT know that he wasn't Raegar's bastard.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

The reveal was that he wasn't a bastard born out of wedlock, but of legitimate birth in an actual marriage. Up to this point I don't believe Rheagar leaving his wife had been revealed, outside of he was in love with Ned's sister, who was previously engaged/betrothed to Robert.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ohh, right OK - I think that might have been different in the books.

Note that he just conveniently hooked up with Robert Baratheon's last living child and therefore heir to the iron throne, based on the Baratheon bloodline.

e. And Samwell Tarly's dad and older brother just got roasted, so he's heir to the Tarly house.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Ohh, right OK - I think that might have been different in the books.

Note that he just conveniently hooked up with Robert Baratheon's last living child and therefore heir to the iron throne, based on the Baratheon bloodline.

e. And Samwell Tarly's dad and older brother just got roasted, so he's heir to the Tarly house.

yeah its almost like the writers are loving trash at this point

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I know, right? It's way too telegraphed and straightforward. There's another whole season coming? They did not need to tie these things up so neatly already.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Nature Boy is a medically induced coma and is having surgery. Let's all hope for the best.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the spirit of iron has left me, I am now a runner, I "pound the pavement" not the weights

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

the spirit of iron has left me, I am now a runner, I "pound the pavement" not the weights

seek help

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah its almost like the writers are loving trash at this point

I would say that is how GRRM was going to do it, but it's way to concise for him.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Trump actually denounced neo Nazis in the most milquetoast manner...Mr. Trump, welcome to #TheResistance

Where did this meme even come from? The people resisting Trump haven't accommodated him in the least.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would say that is how GRRM was going to do it, but it's way to concise for him.

I don't think grrm even knows how he was/is going to do it but he's definitely going to kill more of the most important people. You can tell how little he's involved now because none of the characters we care about are getting murdered any more.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ned's sister is Jons mother, not Cat's sister.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wish you guys had spoilered that poo poo. I'm working on season 3 over here with my wife.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol sign off the internet right now if you actually care about spoilers. You're 4 years behind.

On a show that had a major spoiler as the title of a subforum on this board

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

wandler20 posted:

The Nature Boy is a medically induced coma and is having surgery. Let's all hope for the best.

the le batard curse strikes again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Leperflesh posted:

I don't think grrm even knows how he was/is going to do it but he's definitely going to kill more of the most important people. You can tell how little he's involved now because none of the characters we care about are getting murdered any more.

I think he has a general idea about most things, he just lost interest in actually making it happen long ago. I don't think the show is that different, just with a lot of chaff cut off.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They have to conveniently make the household heads all friends because Cersei is going to be loving poo poo and not actually lift a finger because she thinks the White Walkers are bullshit (even if Jon & Co. bring her one and she's going to say everyone else's claim on the throne is bullshit. They need to unite the houses against Cersei, take her out, and take out the White Walkers all in the handful of episodes left. They had to take a shortcut somewhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

At the rate we're going zombie cat and cersei are gonna have a laser battle in the ruins of valeyria

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
If they were going to go this clumsy route, wtf couldn't they just end it in one season. I can't imagine what they need a second season for besides killing more people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol don't watch bsg season 4.5 if you think this is a bad and clumsy wind down

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

If they were going to go this clumsy route, wtf couldn't they just end it in one season. I can't imagine what they need a second season for besides killing more people.

Like everything was set up perfectly at the end of last season.

Everyone was where they needed to be.

Why have everyone teleport to a different city for no loving reason

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Lol don't watch bsg season 4.5 if you think this is a bad and clumsy wind down

Adama_painting.flv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/897178397641768961

and here I went ordering a new cup and hairnets last night.

• Locked thread