Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So I'm in Amsterdam and keep seeing this street performer in the square dressed as a native American in like fake garb with headdress getting pictures for money. I kind of want to explain to him that actually really a problematic and racist appropriation of native American culture. But this may be a bad idea. Any thoughts?

The Dutch have a really hosed up idea/sense of humor. It's usually always done at others' expense, and when you try to tell them it's in bad taste, they will look at you as though you're from Mars and/or tell you "it's all in good fun." Don't. They're a remarkably friendly yet *insular* country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

moostaffa posted:

Same thing about that youtube "prankster" who showed up with a swastika armband. "He's not really a nazi, it's just a prank".

Dude, you show up to a loving nazi rally wearing nazi symbols. That literally makes you a nazi.

The armband is from a different Trump rally where he was trying to get Trump supporters (probably paid actors) to get mad at him. To show that Trump supporters aren't Nazis.

His other videos include
1) putting Trump merchandise in/on a car and paying black people to destroy it to show how violent black people are. "Social Experiment"
2) holding an AllLivesMatter sign and doing the same as above
3) urinating into his own mouth

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Why do I think you just gave the guy who built the Creation Museum an erection he wasn't expecting?

He shouldn't get it. It should be stuck somewhere on one of the live fire ranges around Nellis.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/897184817426694144

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

well sure, but usually a state has a few things noteworthy enough that the NPS wants to protect it

there's a strong bias towards western states in terms of NPS and NFS administration simply because so much of those states is outright owned by the federal government

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So does that Stormcaller? website have it's own hosting or something why is it still up on Google?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
The Dutch are Europe's formerly racist uncle who now just makes a racist joke once in awhile but is otherwise usually pretty cool about those sorts of things.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/roosterjones3/status/897153360910053376

https://twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/897154363025637377

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Oh yes, Tomi you are the victim in this situation.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Soon, the only place left to run will be bitcoin server clouds. And then they can take each other out via bumbling and bandwidth use and we shall finally be free.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

boner confessor posted:

there's a strong bias towards western states in terms of NPS and NFS administration simply because so much of those states is outright owned by the federal government

Those states are also much better tourist destinations than OK

I'm mostly just dunking on Oklahoma. I'm sure they have nice green spaces, it's just funny to me that NPS doesn't give a poo poo about a state that large

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hollismason posted:

So does that Stormcaller? website have it's own hosting or something why is it still up on Google?

Bad use of tense in the article, Google's statement is that the registration will be canceled in the near future (booting a paying customer probably has a long internal process to go through). We are also still within the 24-hour deadline GoDaddy gave so they may not have even moved the site yet.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It would be great to live in a world where Trump did proper pressers. I want a reporter to have the temerity to ask Trump "do you think white people are better than people of other races?" and just see what happens.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

So, is there a domain hosting company out there which gives no fucks? How do ISIS-related web sites stay on the web?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Kale posted:

This is the part I've been trying to wrap my head around for the longest time. Like if they're well aware of the fact that they suck and are engaging in inherent suckiness and being a poo poo degenerate excuse human being and it's all supposed to be "ironic" than what's the point? It just looks ritualistic? I get that they try to explain it away as "for the memes" or "just bein' ironically dumb and stupid hurr hurr durr" but like literally just why? What's the thought process? What does it achieve? Why do they where this "ironically stupid and racist but really actually just stupid and racist" poo poo like it's some sort of badge of honor?

Also as far as I can tell those people just hurl insults and bullshit around at whoever the last person to have an opinion on anything is so yeah they're really good at turning on each other cause they don't seem actually united around any sort of idea other than be the biggest rear end in a top hat humanly possible on a trash internet forum 99.9999% of the planet will probably never see.

Back a bit. But it's all for the sense of community, belonging to something that's bigger than yourself and also finding some kind of purpose/meaning in it. Especially if it's nonconformist/out there to a lot of people there's a feeling of being special that goes with that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Why do I think you just gave the guy who built the Creation Museum an erection he wasn't expecting?

A) I have no problem with some guy wasting his money on a Creationism Museum if that's what he wants to do regardless of my views on where the universe came from and B) the Confederacy actually existed and was actually part of our history no matter how much people want to forget about it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

It would be great to live in a world where Trump did proper pressers. I want a reporter to have the temerity to ask Trump "do you think white people are better than people of other races?" and just see what happens.

I feel like if you tweet this to somebody with a press pass it might get asked in the interest of creating headlines, but maybe that's just naivete on my part

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

And as a non-member of Maricopa County...do it. Do it you orange Cheeto. Start pardoning people and never stop.

Presidents don't pardon people 9 months into their terms. They do it right before they leave office because there's something inherently unfair about the whole thing. Even Obama did more commutations than pardons because people turn on you when you start using that power. It's like a monkey's paw of bad wishes.

It'll also start a panic among the GOP that he's going to start pardoning his family members. People might even start threatening Trump for a pardon. Like Flynn.

I think you have an overly optimistic view of how the GOP would react to a pardon binge by the president. If anything I can see them getting even more corrupt if they think they'll just get an easy pardon in no time flat. Or they will start making bargains for yes votes to get pardoned for poo poo they will no doubt be indicted for.

And lots of them love sheriff Joe so they would delighted in him getting pardoned

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I'll give Google the benefit of the doubt here. An automated system probably allowed it to go through, but then human lead review revealed what it was and removed it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Removing the symbols of a rebellion that failed over 150 years ago is good, but what we really ought to do is resume Reconstruction.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

I'm mostly just dunking on Oklahoma. I'm sure they have nice green spaces, it's just funny to me that NPS doesn't give a poo poo about a state that large

i think you'll find it's in historic bad taste to chuckle about how little the federal government cares about oklahoma

for real tho that map is very high level and is missing many more granular sites including frank lloyd wright's only skyscraper and there's 1300 registered historic places in oklahoma as well as 22 landmarks

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rigel posted:

So, is there a domain hosting company out there which gives no fucks? How do ISIS-related web sites stay on the web?

They all don't care until they get public backlash. GoDaddy and Google are still hosting Nazi and White Supremacist websites, just we haven't shamed them about the specific sites yet.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This made me think back real quick to the original bombing: Is Tim McVeigh something of a martyr in the WP community?

Yes, in a sort of Kevin Bacon way. Most alt-right and white supremacy groups have ties to anti-government organizations. They're only really "anti-government" though because they've never had someone be at the highest office before so you probably won't hear much about that side of them while Trump is in office.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

They all don't care until they get public backlash. GoDaddy and Google are still hosting Nazi and White Supremacist websites, just we haven't shamed them about the specific sites yet.

godaddy apparently removed "no racism" from their terms of service last time the daily stormer was reported rather than boot them

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mcvey posted:

Going the WBC route? Yeah that'll go well.
I vote that all monuments to the losing side of the civil war be sent to Ken Ham's bible museum. He needs the tourism revenue, and it's the same demographic anyway. :crossarms:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

I think you have an overly optimistic view of how the GOP would react to a pardon binge by the president. If anything I can see them getting even more corrupt if they think they'll just get an easy pardon in no time flat. Or they will start making bargains for yes votes to get pardoned for poo poo they will no doubt be indicted for.

And lots of them love sheriff Joe so they would delighted in him getting pardoned

Has McCain ever publicly talked about Arpaio? Seems relevant since he's a senator in AZ, and whatnot...

Not that he can stop it if Trump decides to pardon that fat sack of poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GWBBQ posted:

I was referring to Gorka.

Oh, THAT actual literal Nazi. (:gonk:)

You're right, nobody knows what he does.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

Holy poo poo did I correctly skim that some POS tried to bomb OK City again?

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/896670944349081601

posted yesterday.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 14, 2017

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Rigel posted:

Yes, there are "anonymous" DNS servers. (In as much as a server meant to remove your anonymity can be.)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I'll leave buff YMCA native American alone. Just tough to explain to a four year old why "no, you cannot have your picture taken with that character".

It's a shame, the first day I went to the square there was a cool naked body painted lady and awesome hovering gold skeleton man, why can't they return?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

r/pol twitter accounts are getting suspended by twitter.

Looks like this one's still up, https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Kale
May 14, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

The replies are exactly what you would think and equally depressing in their own way.

As someone that has enjoyed gaming for like 30 years of his life now and really would rather just see it as an outlet for recreation, fun and innocent poo poo like that I still cannot fully express how continually dismayed I am that the hobby has been in large part co-opted or at the very least now publicized as an outlet for the alt-right and racist awful views and narratives post Gamergate. Like I tried to express a while back I'm sick to loving death of just wanting to go unload and play a good game after work sometimes and that quite often I can no longer go onto a video game related message board or use a chat service without having to hear a bunch of loving shitheads freaking the gently caress out again that god forbid there's a minority character in a video game somewhere and lovely narrativism about how it's "being forced in for PC reasons" when all I really want to do is just play or talk about a goddamn loving game in non-political and identity politics contexts and save opining about that sort of stuff (in not lovely ignorant terms of course) for where it's contextually appropriate like ummmm say this thread.

Is the character interesting, do they have a good move set, is the game fun, does the character work well with a character another friend might be using in a Multiplayer game? I miss when these used to be the pressing issues you would expect people to be concerned with and talking about in the gaming sphere instead of is the character black or white, male or female, does the game express right wing or left wing views, does this game make men or women look week or strong over the other sex etc? Like how did that hobby ever become about that besides Gamergate?

Also fully support Discord's move here but at the same time it's been overdue for years in getting rid of toxic bullshit. Just get that extremist political poo poo the ever loving gently caress out of a simple hobby that's supposed to be fun and bring people together and do it as fast and sufficiently as you possibly can. I really don't want it to get close to the point again where I feel like if I identify as a passionate gamer that there's only a couple degrees of separation from people assuming that means I'm some kind of racist, alt-right degenerate shithead.

Pladdicus posted:

Back a bit. But it's all for the sense of community, belonging to something that's bigger than yourself and also finding some kind of purpose/meaning in it. Especially if it's nonconformist/out there to a lot of people there's a feeling of being special that goes with that.

I figured as much but again that's just pathetic.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Charliegrs posted:

Well, no one's ever done poo poo like Trump before so it's all hypothetical right now. It could go either way.

I tend to think it would go south fast as Trump breaks the seal on this awesome new power. Being President has got to be getting dull and the other power he has (nukes) affects his hotel business.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Over half the land in Oklahoma is still at least nominally under the jurisdictions of the tribes who originally owned it, a whole lot of the recreational and historic sites are either managed by the tribal governments or outright owned by them.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

evilmiera posted:

I mean, it is probably just the Alzheimer talking, but holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/JMRooker/status/897163912151416833
glad I'm not the only one who caught him doing that during the statement.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Yes, in a sort of Kevin Bacon way. Most alt-right and white supremacy groups have ties to anti-government organizations. They're only really "anti-government" though because they've never had someone be at the highest office before so you probably won't hear much about that side of them while Trump is in office.

Interesting. I ask because recently thanks to Netflix, I was able to watch the PBS Dateline docs on the OKC bombing and Ruby Ridge.

Man, I wonder how many WP types Ruby Ridge radicalized.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Well, no one's ever done poo poo like Trump before so it's all hypothetical right now. It could go either way.

I tend to think it would go south fast as Trump breaks the seal on this awesome new power. Being President has got to be getting dull and the other power he has (nukes) affects his hotel business.

A Toronto hotel already removed Trump's name because they felt it was hurting business.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This made me think back real quick to the original bombing: Is Tim McVeigh something of a martyr in the WP community?

What does your heart tell you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also even when Google throws the switch the change will take time to percolate through the globally distributed domain name system so the site may remain responsive if you personally try it right now.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/897186805631602688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

r/pol twitter accounts are getting suspended by twitter.

Whoa, any more details on this?

• Locked thread