Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

We need more Cubs fans playing the game.

Or, I wonder why we have so many Cubs fan goons who play this.

The Cubs much like the Rebel Alliance are the ultimate under dog story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Popete posted:

The Cubs much like the Rebel Alliance are the ultimate under dog story.

Invited you. I thought I recognized you from somewhere. Also weren't you qgj before this? Did you take a break?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I see you kept up the Cubs fan quota in QGJ.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Invited you. I thought I recognized you from somewhere. Also weren't you qgj before this? Did you take a break?

I was previously and then people seemed to have abondon it as raids stopped happening. I'd rather guild with Goons though.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

MichiganCubbie posted:

We need more Cubs fans playing the game.

Or, I wonder why we have so many Cubs fan goons who play this.

My counterpart in arena's guild leader is named Cubs Fan Han

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

If the transfer option from qgj to sm is still available then I'll take it (I'm Zox).

467-551-173

Goodbye qgj, you were good to me.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

How many goon guilds are there?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Are mods important for ships? Does it affect them the same as normal toons or not at all?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Zachack posted:

If the transfer option from qgj to sm is still available then I'll take it (I'm Zox).

467-551-173

Goodbye qgj, you were good to me.

invited

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Burning_Monk posted:

Are mods important for ships? Does it affect them the same as normal toons or not at all?

yes they're important, but no the effect is not the same. the only thing that matters for pilot power is the number of dots and mod level.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

How many goon guilds are there?

2, with a third non goon guild run by a goon.
Qgj is fairly active atm. Rancor is about to go up in an hour

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

2, with a third non goon guild run by a goon.
Qgj is fairly active atm. Rancor is about to go up in an hour

What are the rules on raids?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

yes they're important, but no the effect is not the same. the only thing that matters for pilot power is the number of dots and mod level.

okay good to know. So a white 5 star mod is better for a pilot than a purple 4 star at the same level (15)?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Don't hit the piggies for 24 hours, just run one 7 star toon to be a sacrifice (if you live long enough to have a turn, attack one of the side piggies to not do damage to the main one). This "registers" you to get some loot, even if you miss the attack window.

After the 24 hour period, someone will send a "Kill the Rancor" message, and we all go crazy. It can happen pretty fast.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Popete posted:

24 hour damage hold on Rancor. No rules for tank.

If you can solo the Rancor quickly, please wait until p1 is over so people can get in and do damage in p2. Just keep an eye in-game or on Discord.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! Simple enough, though I'll likely miss ever actually doing damage to Rancor like my last guild.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Burning_Monk posted:

okay good to know. So a white 5 star mod is better for a pilot than a purple 4 star at the same level (15)?

correct

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Thanks! Simple enough, though I'll likely miss ever actually doing damage to Rancor like my last guild.

2 pm us central is the time I'm going to be running for a week or so. I'm going to see who is able to get damage in at 2 vs at 1. Trying to maximize everyone's chance at damaging the rancor.
I'm trying to be more strict on the rancor damage hold since some people ignore it.
If you break the rule, next rancor you don't get to damage it at all (beyond 0 damage) if you ignore the punishment kicked from the guild for a bit. Maybe a week or two?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

brb re-modding EVERYTHING.

:)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

2 pm us central is the time I'm going to be running for a week or so. I'm going to see who is able to get damage in at 2 vs at 1. Trying to maximize everyone's chance at damaging the rancor.
I'm trying to be more strict on the rancor damage hold since some people ignore it.
If you break the rule, next rancor you don't get to damage it at all (beyond 0 damage) if you ignore the punishment kicked from the guild for a bit. Maybe a week or two?

dude, fly casual.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

dude, fly casual.

:agreed:

Also, a guy on my shard already has CLS fully maxed including all zetas. I don't want to know how much money that took.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, a guy on my shard already has CLS fully maxed including all zetas. I don't want to know how much money that took.

his gear requirements aren't that extreme, actually. There's no way to buy zetas, to my knowledge, so he just plain old saved up.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

MoraleHazard posted:

I think you got skipped over for an SM invite but we can make sure you're first in line for the next spot. Are you in discord?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ok fine I'll stay causal. Here I am just trying to dissolve the Senate and y'all just protestin away

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Ok fine I'll stay causal. Here I am just trying to dissolve the Senate and y'all just protestin away

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

RC Cola posted:

So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous-

Oh. NVM.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Fuckin discord servers are down. So what kind of sandwiches are you guys into?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
It's tomato time, so BLT'S until I puke.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Welp, nevermind. It's funny how one small thing changes everything. I was changing the mods on my team for the final stage of CLS and I accidentally broke R2's speed set so he wasn't getting his speed bonus. I finished the drat thing by the skin of my teeth (it came down to 1 v 2 but Leia is a champ). Is anything better than slamming your face against a video game stage for an hour and then realizing, about half way through a run, that this is the time you're going to finish?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 15, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
don't use hans taunt until the final round, use R2's stealth on himself if someone else is about to die.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So my current gameplan is to be prepared for the 7* version of the legendary events as they arrive. Skipping out on Yoda but i should have a full squad of 7* Phoenix by the time Thrawn comes and the same for Palpie. I have sorta only been considering their star levels; how important is gear for the legendary events? I am going to be severely dissapointed if i have farmed a full squad and end up being unable to finish the 7* stage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

So my current gameplan is to be prepared for the 7* version of the legendary events as they arrive. Skipping out on Yoda but i should have a full squad of 7* Phoenix by the time Thrawn comes and the same for Palpie. I have sorta only been considering their star levels; how important is gear for the legendary events? I am going to be severely dissapointed if i have farmed a full squad and end up being unable to finish the 7* stage.

The Thrawn event is the hardest - it needs Gear 8, Level 80-ish, with good mods.

Palp and Yoda are both quite easy; I cleared Palp with Level 70 rebels in gear 6-8 mostly IIRC. With newer and newly buffed rebels it should be even easier.

Once Thrawn comes back around the recurrence will probably get faster. Palp became bimonthly after the second run of the event, for example.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So what's a good mod set for CLS? I've got a full potency set on him right now to help with his TM reduction, but his passive already gives him a massive potency boost, so he may not need the mods.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

So what's a good mod set for CLS? I've got a full potency set on him right now to help with his TM reduction, but his passive already gives him a massive potency boost, so he may not need the mods.

Speed/Crit, Crit/CritD, Speed/Health

I'm assuming you want him to be fast and hit hard, or just hit hard.

If you're only running 1 tank with him, maybe put some health on him?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I've got a Chaze and R2 I can use for tanking, so I'm good there. Thinking it over, speed should definitely be a priority. His debuffs, self-heals, tm reduction, cleanse, and stun are more useful than just hitting hard and the more turns he gets the better.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

I've got a Chaze and R2 I can use for tanking, so I'm good there. Thinking it over, speed should definitely be a priority. His debuffs, self-heals, tm reduction, cleanse, and stun are more useful than just hitting hard and the more turns he gets the better.

Speed and Crit/health is where you wanna be then. Whichever 2-set gives you more speed from the secondaries.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

CaptainPsyko posted:

The Thrawn event is the hardest - it needs Gear 8, Level 80-ish, with good mods.

Palp and Yoda are both quite easy; I cleared Palp with Level 70 rebels in gear 6-8 mostly IIRC. With newer and newly buffed rebels it should be even easier.

Once Thrawn comes back around the recurrence will probably get faster. Palp became bimonthly after the second run of the event, for example.

Thanks. I was fearing the GL requirements might be higher. From what i understood, 7* R2-D2 is quite challenging.

Do we know roughly when Thrawn will return? Palpie/Yoda share the bimonthy rotation, with R2-D2 and Thrawn on a separate and longer rotation? Will he come around in late autumn?

I am a bit undecided if i should get my 5* PS up to 7* now or wait another month and get other good heroes up to 7* meanwhile like Wedge, Rex, maybe one of the Sith from SA tokens (i have DN, Dooku, Maul and Vader so)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Work on thrawn. Get at least most of them to 7*.leave yourself a week to work on them at least. They surprised us with r2, they could do it again.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

The only thing holding me back on 7 starring my Phoenix squad is that Hera and Ezra compete for cantina energy. Everyone else is 7 star except Sabine.

Chilichimp posted:

Speed and Crit/health is where you wanna be then. Whichever 2-set gives you more speed from the secondaries.

I looked over my mods and I've got a speed set arrow that offers +26 speed. Should I use that, or leave the arrow slot for a non-speed set mod?

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

The only thing holding me back on 7 starring my Phoenix squad is that Hera and Ezra compete for cantina energy. Everyone else is 7 star except Sabine.

I looked over my mods and I've got a speed set arrow that offers +26 speed. Should I use that, or leave the arrow slot for a non-speed set mod?

Whatever gives you the most speed. A five-dot arrow with speed primary will always be 30, so you're looking at a 4-dot speed arrow.

You want 4 speed-set mods, so find the best 4 you've got that also have speed in the secondary stats, and then fill with good speed-secondaries with crit/health mods. You can obviously compare mods and find a way to min/max this thing.