Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have a couple Battlefoam cases, but I'd probably go KR if I needed more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If you're worried about the cardboard of the KR cases, splurge a little and get the aluminum case. I've got one and it's fantastic - durable, lightweight, and honestly doesn't take up too much space. I was even able to get it for a discount because the bottom has some scratches and one of the locks needs to be pushed shut when you close the case.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I have KR. Their closest competitor is Battlefoam, who are a lovely company run by trash people.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Booley posted:

I own a bunch of them (kr multicase) with custom foam for my poo poo. Works really well, I've never had a broken part or chipped paint (except 1 assault marine completely incapable of keeping his jump pack on). The only real downside I see to them is that they're fairly bulky and if you have a lot of vehicles they take up a ton of space, but that's probably true for anyones cases.

I'm going to be using it for a mostly troops bigly Salamanders list, so I don't anticipate much in the way of vehicles.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Most of my 40k stuff is currently snugly packed up in a big rear end pile of KR cases while I wait to move house. If you have a larger army like Guard or Nids (or have a general lack of storage space at home), I'd definitely recommend the 2-4 card case carry bags. It makes things way easier to just have spare card cases / alternative foam layouts and just swap the ones you need to take out with you. The bags have plenty of pockets for rulebooks, dice, etc too.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I have KR. Their closest competitor is Battlefoam, who are a lovely company run by trash people.

Oh, what makes you say this? They were at Smogcon last year and I was nearly convinced to pick up a box, but to be honest basically forgot about it. I have so many KR cases but one of my Warmachine dudes doesn't fit in one. The Battlefoam people seemed nice enough?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Scummy behaviour with giving out vouchers on the last day of an event when people will have already bought cases is one end of the spectrum they operate on. At the other end is physically assaulting the mother of a con organiser, suing Blood of Kittens for reporting on it, and as I recall, suing their competition because Battlefoam think they invented cutting foam with a laser..

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Oh, here's a question on the subject of KR storage: has KR adjusted/suggested any of their pre-cut trays for Bigmars? I know that they have trays that fit smallboys for both the 25 and 32 mm bases but those aren't really cut for bigly height.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Oh, here's a question on the subject of KR storage: has KR adjusted/suggested any of their pre-cut trays for Bigmars? I know that they have trays that fit smallboys for both the 25 and 32 mm bases but those aren't really cut for bigly height.
Your best bet is probably their terminator trays. I'd check dimensions before ordering, obviously, but that's what I'd try first.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Finished the Rhino I shared the basecoat of last week. As I said then it was my first time using an airbrush and the thing is a godsend.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Deified Data posted:

Finished the Rhino I shared the basecoat of last week. As I said then it was my first time using an airbrush and the thing is a godsend.

This looks great! Welcome to th Brotherhood of the Airbrush.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

I put my aggressors in a terminator tray, but my normal hellblasters/intercessors fit nicely in an N4H or N3H tray (https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/N3H). The N4H is a little bit short so the front rim of the base sticks up, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rano Pano posted:

Decided to start some T'' 'a'' '' 'u!

My one gripe is that he should be blasting backward, to better represent what tau actually do on the tabletop.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PantsOptional posted:

As people have said - Terminator trays. That's exactly how I have my DI Primaris stored. They're 6x6 which gives you plenty of room - 2 of them would get all the infantry you'd need for Primaris Marines and you'd still have half a case left to fit vehicles or Dreadnoughts or whatever.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Another vote for KR. I have a ton of the card cases I use for storage and just slot whatever I need for a game into a backpack. They are sensible for transport and home storage of your ham shame.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Scummy behaviour with giving out vouchers on the last day of an event when people will have already bought cases is one end of the spectrum they operate on. At the other end is physically assaulting the mother of a con organiser, suing Blood of Kittens for reporting on it, and as I recall, suing their competition because Battlefoam think they invented cutting foam with a laser..

Which con? If it was Nova then gently caress Battlefoam even harder; Mike's mom is awesome.

I have a Battlefoam Air case that, six years later, I still haven't requested the foam for. I guess I should get around to that.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Battlefoam were scum 6 years ago and it doesn't sound like they've done anything to improve on that reputation ever since.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I transport my AdMech and Howling Griffons that I spent tons of hours on and lovingly painted in an old Rebook shoe box.

I need to get a case.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I glue magnets to my bases and stick them in a metal toolbox. It's like fort knox in there.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I transport my AdMech and Howling Griffons that I spent tons of hours on and lovingly painted in an old Rebook shoe box.

I need to get a case.

My painted Admech and Eldar are in the top of the Calth box and an coke 24 pack tray, respectively.

My barely painted space marines? They get the GW foam tray.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which con? If it was Nova then gently caress Battlefoam even harder; Mike's mom is awesome.

I have a Battlefoam Air case that, six years later, I still haven't requested the foam for. I guess I should get around to that.

Nova 2011. I wouldn't say physically assault, but he loudly screamed at her in public because the Nova was selling or giving away some prize support or something like that, I don't really remember.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I was just looking for a new case myself and found this:

Tabletop Tyrant Miniature Wargaming Storage / Model Cases, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456006192/tabletop-tyrant-miniature-wargaming-storage-model-0

I like the way the bag zips down, as opposed to reaching in. Seems pretty reasonably priced too.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
GW's case is supreme for infantry and medium dudes, IMO. Seldom do mans fit the 1"x2"x.5" rectangles cut into foam, and when they do, there's still a more efficient way to stack and set them. Though admittedly, I have like 2 other boxes for Tyranid big bugs that I just fill with random foam and bubble wrap, because Tetris-ing them into those is way more efficient and safe than just inserting them into the huge foam cylinders in Battlefoam bricks.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Does anybody know if the new Grey Knights codex comes with entries for Inquisition weirdo accessories? I really want to do a small squad of an inquisition with henchmen and some archo-flagellants to go along.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

HardCoil posted:

Does anybody know if the new Grey Knights codex comes with entries for Inquisition weirdo accessories? I really want to do a small squad of an inquisition with henchmen and some archo-flagellants to go along.

it's just Grey Knights.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Inquistion weirdos are in Index Imperium 2.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Yeah I know, just wondering if there was an update like in one of the earlier codices.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Quick list building question.

Can I give a Artefact to a Demon Prince if hes my Warlord?

The wording says you can give them to your Warlord if they are a Chaos Space Marine (which isnt bolded like keywords are) and not a named character. The only keyowrd bolded in the text is CHARACTER which a Demon Prince does. Chaos Space Marine isnt a Keyword, although Heretic Astartes is , which the Demon Prince has.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Chaos Space Marines refers to the armies in that book. Like Space Marines refers to Ultras/Imp Fists/Whatevers and not Blood Angels/Grey Knights/etc.

They can't say Heretic Astartes because then you could use them on Death Guard/Thousand Sons.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Chaos Space Marines refers to the armies in that book. Like Space Marines refers to Ultras/Imp Fists/Whatevers and not Blood Angels/Grey Knights/etc.

They can't say Heretic Astartes because then you could use them on Death Guard/Thousand Sons.

Thats what I thought, just wanted to be sure before my first game with the new Codex tomorrow.

Taking a Demon Prince, 2 units of 8 Beserkers, Hellbrute (multi melta and flamer), 3 Bikers, Defiler and 5 Raptors ( 3xplasmas). Playing against Guard, so it will be interesting if I can close to melee without everyone being shot off the table. Going to be massively outnumbered I assume

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Serotonin posted:

Thats what I thought, just wanted to be sure before my first game with the new Codex tomorrow.

Taking a Demon Prince, 2 units of 8 Beserkers, Hellbrute (multi melta and flamer), 3 Bikers, Defiler and 5 Raptors ( 3xplasmas). Playing against Guard, so it will be interesting if I can close to melee without everyone being shot off the table. Going to be massively outnumbered I assume

Probably, though he could run all tanks and artillery with a light infantry screen in which case the numbers would be much closer than you think.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nova 2011. I wouldn't say physically assault, but he loudly screamed at her in public because the Nova was selling or giving away some prize support or something like that, I don't really remember.

IIRC, it was because Nova was supporting other case companies and not exclusively Battlefoam.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JoshTheStampede posted:

IIRC, it was because Nova was supporting other case companies and not exclusively Battlefoam.

Actually I was there for that particular incident. In fact I might have caused it. Back in 2011 I actually volunteered for NOVA as a painting judge. We had some Battlefoam coupons that we were handing out, and I think someone mentioned to me that we could use them as well. So I did. Romeo was super friendly and explained that I was already getting a good deal thanks to the volunteer discounts and that the coupons were meant for the attendees. I said sure and handed mine out and bought a bag. A few hours later Mike Brandt comes to me asking what the deal was with the coupons and I explained it. He shrugged and moved on, but apparently Romeo had ripped him and his mom a new one and as a result Battlefoam never returned to NOVA.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Had a 1500 point konor game vs necrons.

I had scouts, 2 tac squads, vanguard 2 predators, razorback, stormraven, contemptor, captain, chaplain

He had imhotek, stalker, monolith, ghost ark, some flyer with tesla, 2 immortals, and warriors

Top of 1 he dropped his lightning bolt in the middle of everything and hit my whole army because I forgot that was a thing. Lost 5 marines, a scout, and all my vehicles tppk 2-3 wounds. The 3 wounds he put on the razorback let him kill it top of 1. On my turn I gave a decent account of myself, putting a few good hits on stuff and dropped the stalker to half. Stormraven flew up and killed most of the immortals, but quantum shields ate most of my lascannon and melta hits. Razorback had the vanguard and chaplain, I lost 4 of the 5 to overwatch trying to charge his 20 warriors and failed the charge.

Turn 2 he focused all his shooting at the stormraven and killed it with ap-1 gauss, but that dropped my contemptor, captain, and 5 tac marines right in front of his line. He charged in his immortals and imhotek, but I killed the immortals pretty trivially and on my turn the contemptor kills imhotek. My predators keep shooting stuff up, killing his stalker and dropping the monolith to 10. My few remaining tac marines start chasing behind the monolith and firing overcharged plasma into it, slowly wearing it down. My captain, chaplain, and th+ss vanguard sgt go into his warriors.

Over the next few turns his flyer flees off my board edge for vp, monolith kills one predator but gets killed by that plasma gunner, and with teeth of terra my captain, chaplain, and vanguard sgt slowly kill their way through the 20 warriors. Contemptor dread chased the ghost ark off and dropped it to half. Game ends 11-10 turn 5, he just has the ghost ark left. It would've died next turn giving me a win via tabling him.

Captain lost 5 wounds fighting imhotek and the warriors, the +1 wound trait saved my rear end.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 14, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Artum posted:

Finally.

Funnily enough hes the exact same height as the regular chaplain whose standing on 2 bases.

That pistol is cool as gently caress

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I use Feldher since I initially bought it for Xwang since you can buy it off Amazon and liked it enough to get some pluck foam to use for my 40k models.

Are the absolver pistols hand agnostic or are both the chaplain and apothecary right hand only?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I use Feldher since I initially bought it for Xwang since you can buy it off Amazon and liked it enough to get some pluck foam to use for my 40k models.

Are the absolver pistols hand agnostic or are both the chaplain and apothecary right hand only?

The chaplains is right handed, the apothecary is left.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

No way would any codex allow their gene seed to be corrupted by left handedness

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Any quick pro-cons of buying the physical codex versus the digital enhanced edition? At the same price I might just get the physical book, but perhaps I'm underselling the benefits of searching and informational popups. Did they ever update with released errata in the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

parabolic posted:

Any quick pro-cons of buying the physical codex versus the digital enhanced edition? At the same price I might just get the physical book, but perhaps I'm underselling the benefits of searching and informational popups. Did they ever update with released errata in the past?

They've updated to correct errors in the digital edition but haven't incorporated any errata.