Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

"Haha, this guy's really taking the piss. I wonder how close the characters actually are to 'Pork fried rice'."

:stare::laffo:
Can Chinese characters mean something different if written vertically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BrianBoitano posted:

Pretty funny when a TYT guy didn't get the "hate" part of this name and pronounced it like "hat"-reon

Ah yes, the funding site for the discerning haberdasher

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SpacePig posted:

"Haha, this guy's really taking the piss. I wonder how close the characters actually are to 'Pork fried rice'."

:stare::laffo:
Can Chinese characters mean something different if written vertically?

Nope, considering that's the default writing direction

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Discord (the VOIP/Chat program) announced they're shutting down altright and related servers, haha.

https://twitter.com/discordapp/status/897170310348263426

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Needs a Brazzers logo.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I mean... getting a Chinese restaurant menu tattoo is reasonably fun idea if you want something that "looks nice" but doesn't need to have a profound meaning.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kennel posted:

I mean... getting a Chinese restaurant menu tattoo is reasonably fun idea if you want something that "looks nice" but doesn't need to have a profound meaning.

Get an entire menu printed on your body and just point to what you want whenever you go to a chinese restaurant.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Picnic Princess posted:

At first I was surprised by the distinct lack of MAGA hats, but then I realized they all wanted to show off their Hitler Youth haircuts.

To be fair, several of them were wearing what has become the new official white supremacist uniform (err, minus the ball cap):

MisterBibs posted:

One should always be afraid of eating a hotdog. :tinfoil:
:worship:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

To be fair, several of them were wearing what has become the new official white supremacist uniform (err, minus the ball cap):

Too much weight, a poo poo toupee, and a face like the second World War?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Kennel posted:

Also pork fried rice is awesome, it's not like he got a tattoo that says "Obnoxious Westerner Can't Read This."

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Ah yes, the funding site for the discerning haberdasher

Haberdashers sell buttons, thread etc. You're thinking of a milliner or hatter.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

gschmidl posted:

Too much weight, a poo poo toupee, and a face like the second World War?

That too, but

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
How goddamn pathetic can people get

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
They're all dressed like valets lol

Here's a guy screwing up a molotov cocktail training exercise. I bet his face was red!
https://gfycat.com/VillainousLivelyEft

And here's a boba lid that's made of steel or something
https://gfycat.com/VerifiableSatisfiedCottonmouth

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
well some of them are pulling the body type off rather well. Very (ill) fitting!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
The Daily Stormer loses their email provider.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-14/barnaby-joyce-is-a-new-zealand-citizen-nz-government-confirms/8804620

Australian Nationals asshat and (sadly) Deputy Prime Minister confirmed to be a citizen of New Zealand at the world possible time...

(2 Greens senators with dual citizenships both stood down voluntarily immediately, followed by a Nationals senator who argued it was his mother's fault and One Nation crackpot Malcolm Roberts who simply believes he doesn't and that is enough to prove his innocence.
The chances of Joyce doing the right thing and stepping down amongst two conservative senators with no integrity is low, but it's at least somewhat amusing to watch them squirm.)

I want to add onto this for some context, since if you're not following the story you might not grasp the significance:

The Australian Constitution explicitly states that dual citizens cannot be elected to Parliament, and if they do their election is invalid.

A few weeks back, a prominent Senator for the Greens discovered he was-- unbeknownst to him-- a dual citizen, and resigned his seat to be replaced with another Green party member. (Election to the Australian Senate is based on party, not person, so they go with the next person on the green party list.) Another Green had a similar problem and had to resign as well.

Naturally, the right wing were crowing about it. The current government is a right-wing government run by the Liberal and National Parties under a long-standing coalition. The PM and his cabinet took great pleasure in dunking on the disorganized, sloppy Greens. How could they-- oh, wait, poo poo, no, one of our top ministers is actually Italian. He's left the cabinet pending how the court rules on his case. Meanwhile, ultra-right-wing nutjob Malcolm Roberts got outed as an Indian citizen (and rather bluntly stated that he was choosing not to believe that he was an Indian citizen, which isn't how it works).

They're all Senators, though, so there's ultimately not a big consequence-- they go out, the party puts in a new candidate. The big one is Barnaby Joyce, mostly famous internationally for being obsessed about euthanizing Johnny Depp's dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQ_SyEXvu4

New Zealand confirmed that yes, Joyce is a Kiwi whether he knew it or not.

Joyce is the leader of the National Party, the smaller of the coalition parties, and is a member of the House of Representatives-- meaning that the individual is chosen, not the party. If he is found ineligible, then the Nationals don't necessarily get that seat-- they have a by-election. This is vital, because the LNP coalition has a one-vote majority.

This is, perhaps, the stupidest reason that a Western democracy has collapsed. And it's only gonna keep goin'.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/led15Z7.gifv

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It just keeps getting better.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Teddybear posted:

I want to add onto this for some context, since if you're not following the story you might not grasp the significance:

The Australian Constitution explicitly states that dual citizens cannot be elected to Parliament, and if they do their election is invalid.

A few weeks back, a prominent Senator for the Greens discovered he was-- unbeknownst to him-- a dual citizen, and resigned his seat to be replaced with another Green party member. (Election to the Australian Senate is based on party, not person, so they go with the next person on the green party list.) Another Green had a similar problem and had to resign as well.

Naturally, the right wing were crowing about it. The current government is a right-wing government run by the Liberal and National Parties under a long-standing coalition. The PM and his cabinet took great pleasure in dunking on the disorganized, sloppy Greens. How could they-- oh, wait, poo poo, no, one of our top ministers is actually Italian. He's left the cabinet pending how the court rules on his case. Meanwhile, ultra-right-wing nutjob Malcolm Roberts got outed as an Indian citizen (and rather bluntly stated that he was choosing not to believe that he was an Indian citizen, which isn't how it works).

They're all Senators, though, so there's ultimately not a big consequence-- they go out, the party puts in a new candidate. The big one is Barnaby Joyce, mostly famous internationally for being obsessed about euthanizing Johnny Depp's dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQ_SyEXvu4

New Zealand confirmed that yes, Joyce is a Kiwi whether he knew it or not.

Joyce is the leader of the National Party, the smaller of the coalition parties, and is a member of the House of Representatives-- meaning that the individual is chosen, not the party. If he is found ineligible, then the Nationals don't necessarily get that seat-- they have a by-election. This is vital, because the LNP coalition has a one-vote majority.

This is, perhaps, the stupidest reason that a Western democracy has collapsed. And it's only gonna keep goin'.

wow.

thank you for the explanation

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Can they not just renounce the second citizenship, or is it too late for that?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
These Useless Duck Company projects are getting quite complicated.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Strudel Man posted:

Can they not just renounce the second citizenship, or is it too late for that?

It's when you're elected, so no-- they'd need to renouce it, resign, then run again down the line.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Beeswax posted:

Haberdashers sell buttons, thread etc. You're thinking of a milliner or hatter.

In the UK, yes. In the US a haberdasher sells "gentleman's" accessories and goods like cufflinks, hipster razors, hats, ties, pocket squares or whatever.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

As pissed as I am about what happened in my college town, I can't stop laughing at this inbred looking motherfucker

"Wait, this ISN'T the Star Citizen cosplay contest?"

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

titties posted:

In the UK, yes. In the US a haberdasher sells "gentleman's" accessories and goods like cufflinks, hipster razors, hats, ties, pocket squares or whatever.

What year are you living in?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Slime posted:

Get an entire menu printed on your body and just point to what you want whenever you go to a chinese restaurant.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

This is the worst poem I've ever read.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

next season of the office lookin pretty funny

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Excellent. Although great science is always the result of collaboration, keep in mind that, like Albert Einstein and his cousin Terry, history will only remember one of you. To reiterate: This is not a competition.

Still, if it were, Orange would be winning.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

We Know Catheters posted:

What year are you living in?

1989 just like everyone else?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/DerrickQLewis/status/897235297485901825

:getin:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EmmyOk posted:

It just keeps getting better.

I'm saving it to send to people who fret about The Threat of AI.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

edit:
Also, T-Swizzle won her court case
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/08/14/543473684/taylor-swift-wins-sexual-assault-lawsuit-against-former-radio-host

canyoneer has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Aug 15, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is not an empty quote

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

iospace posted:

This is not an empty quote

That statue folded just like the CSA.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

I love the dude losing his shoe from kicking and stomping on the statue. :allears:

Looks like these guys are losing more ground than they are gaining to me!

https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/897221522879909889

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Aug 15, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That statue folded just like the CSA.

:perfect:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Nice sexual assault post, bro.