Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

At least I can take some consolation in the fact that there probably won't be any uploads of the full soundtrack until the PC release. :gbsmith:

Given there's an OST of Splatoon 2 floating around I wouldn't count that chicken as unhatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm wearing a Sonic Mania shirt right now

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Woke up at 5am before work to play this. Got 2 Chaos emeralds in the first zone, chasing a UFO owns. Sonic 3 special stages own. Game loving rules. Now I'm at work and wanna go fast.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What Time Zone is it unlocked in, I can't wait anymore.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Turtlicious posted:

Australia.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Turtlicious posted:

Nobody knows and it sucks!!!!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Turtlicious posted:

Act 1

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Not related to Mania, but man it would be really cool if SEGA took a page from Volition and released the character creator for Sonic Forces a couple weeks in advance so you could just mess around with that and make a character in preparation for the game's proper release.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

should have went with "Good Future"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sonic is BACK!!!

:D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic never left.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

4. every time I go for a run, the fifth song on my playlist is the Sonic Mania reveal trailer song from the event last summer and I lose myself thinking about all the beats of the trailer and the live vid of the crowd goin nuts and it gives me strength. Footage of live world reveals owns and gets me hype af #sonicconfessions

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I have watched and I don't like it! Gimmicks are obnoxious and get in the way of what people watch the review for (hint: it isn't the dude pretending to be a carnival dictator)

The review features literally no footage of him

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My AC unit blew out for my apartment last week, after many delays they said that they're coming in to fix it tomorrow.

Powers gonna be out randomly as they rewire/dig poo poo up in my living room and whatnot so I'm debating double dipping just so I can play it tonight. Someone stop me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic never left.

he definitely did

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maybe he left you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Maybe he never did but he did have a grand mal seizure at around 2006.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also Dunky put up a video and I kinda wanna watch it but at the same time he has a bad habit of showing end game stuff for the sake of jokes or really good gimmicks so I have to resist

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Keep checking amazon in hopes of my collectors edition getting shipped.

It hasn't, but I want the Mania now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also Dunky put up a video and I kinda wanna watch it but at the same time he has a bad habit of showing end game stuff for the sake of jokes or really good gimmicks so I have to resist

He thought it was a 5/5 mastapiece

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I watched it there's no spoilers from anything they haven't already showed in all of the trailers. Spoilers: game is good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

Not related to Mania, but man it would be really cool if SEGA took a page from Volition and released the character creator for Sonic Forces a couple weeks in advance so you could just mess around with that and make a character in preparation for the game's proper release.

Nice try, sex pervert

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Videogame donkey ia bad and a.joke that went too long :middlefinger:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mine shipped! But I forgot to make it charge the Amazon gift card instead of my credit card. No biggie. I'll set it to charge the gift card for Yakuza and Mario X-Com.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Harsh, but fair and correct

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's out in the UK :D

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Frankston posted:

I regret buying the collector's edition.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I watched it there's no spoilers from anything they haven't already showed in all of the trailers. Spoilers: game is good

There were several zones in that video that have not been revealed yet, except for the leaks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Frankston posted:

signs are pointing to a midnight NA release... dont screw us nintendo of america

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Andre Banzai posted:

Anyway, Polygon gave it a 7 but the reviewer seems like a complete idiot.

quote:

While these are primarily issues for Sonic moving at speed, slowing things down can occasionally pose its own frustration. Sonic has always been terrible with precise platforming. The controls and animation priority are just not up to the demands of pixel-perfect precision (and honestly, some hazards seem to hit Sonic beyond where it seems like they should be able).

For whatever reason, Sonic Mania includes these requisite precise platforming bits, and despite my own sense that they are somewhat more forgiving than in its 16-bit ancestors — maybe rings you drop stay on screen longer than they used to — they're still here, and they're still not especially fun. It's ironic that sections requiring twitch reflexes are often the worst parts of Sonic games, but here we are, 26 years later, and it's still true.

yes he does

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Augus posted:

yes he does

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Arthur Geis is a well know shithead who really has bad opinions.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Starting the mania hype stream soon! The stream proper will begin on the hour. In the meantime, I'm taking requests for music to play.

https://cytu.be/r/MikesCorner

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ArfJason posted:

That's fair to think but he has some good reviews and a few of his dumb gags still make me laugh. That's about it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

First impressions: God drat there are a lot of signposts. I took about 20 minutes to complete the first level because I kept warping into the blue sphere stages every 30 seconds or so.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

There's also the part where he claims Genesis Sonic games didn't have continues :psyduck:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Happy Sonic Mania eve, kids.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Someone said polygon gave it a 7 and I was like "meh its polygon they're retarded"

Then I found out it was Arthur Gies and omfg lol of course it was Arthur Gies

I'm not even mad, I think thats hilarious it was Arthur fuckin Gies

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

polygon must die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Linear Zoetrope posted:

There's also the part where he claims Genesis Sonic games didn't have continues :psyduck:
I can't think of any cheat codes in any original sonic games that gave you lives or continues, all they ever gave you was level select or all the chaos emeralds.

and wtf "better than the original game"

original game ?

??

Okay different opinions sure if you don't like the game I feel you but like half the stuff in that excerpt is verifiably incorrect information.

smdh polygon sucks.