Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nichael posted:

not sure what this says about me, but I can't remember the last time I was surprised by Donny. maybe the rosie o'donnell thing in the first GOP debate? or maybe the Muslim ban in 2015?

rt: https://twitter.com/FiIibuster/status/897223632665038848

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

nopantsjack posted:

donald trump is president of the USA...

you guys really hosed up bad, perhaps worse tgan anyone

worse than the filipinos

actually electing a senile piss pig is extremely good and cool

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Brain Curry posted:

Mali is so hosed. Family friend has been a missionary there for decades, fled the country a few times, and finally decided not to go back since it was too dangerous.

That said if you get a chance to see Tinariwen sometime it rules beyond description.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

okay this one might achieve full ratio

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

i wanna punch him in the loving throat so bad auuuugh

head, meet pike

sorry pike, but you're going to have to hold this dweeb's head up here for a while

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
love how my nationalist president is more interested in global politics right now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

burn down orange county

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, so Trump directly denounced white supremacists? Was he winking while he did it? I didn't watch the speech.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shiksa posted:

okay this one might achieve full ratio

it's loving impressive

i just posted like ten minutes ago

his ratios are getting wayyyyyyyyyyy worse now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the daily show and snl were making fun of him and donny, I believe

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
i'm gonna play the best hits, remember how this was an entire press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjHPDzUOe2U

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MShadowy posted:

The funny thing is it's basically all miscommunication based around how the posters perceive the ACLU at a certain basic level, at least as far as I can determine. Essentially it's looking at what the ACLU does and coming up with very different answers to basically two questions; "does the ACLU operate on principals" and "does the ACLU operate in good faith." For the people defending the ACLY the answer to both these questions is yes, whereas the left who have problems with the ACLU these answers appear to be either "Yes, but their principals are incredibly stupid" for the first and "no" for the second or just "no" to both.

i think many ppl have made many good arguments in support of the aclu and i haven't seen a lot of good arguments attacking the aclu but at the same time i think it's ok to be wary of what cases they select to defend, especially now that everything going at such a rapid pace everywhere that they probably can bring test cases without defending literal nazis but whatever they should still probably do the work they do

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

just a reminder

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, so Trump directly denounced white supremacists? Was he winking while he did it? I didn't watch the speech.

he was gritting his teeth and staring at a teleprompter. even his favorite thing, the murder of a pretty white woman in the streets by a crazed lunatic, wasn't enough to cheer him up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

it was some serious "hostage reads message at gunpoint poo poo"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ooh this is a good one

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cmon baby show me how low his numbers can get

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

f#a# posted:

did obama ever thank donny for clearing up this situation? very rude if he did not

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
*sees newest Trump tweets*
THE POWER! THE INFINITE POWER! GIVE IT TO MEEEEE!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/897226652370993152

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hell yeah

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ah wait I misread, I thought spencer cancelled it!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah but he didn't look happy to do it and he demanded that they let him brag about the economy before he would walk out

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karl Barks posted:

why are all the nazis from ohio

according to folk legend, the brother-saints Jake and Elwood drove them from Illinois generations ago

they had to go somewhere

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

He's so obviously upset about having to specifically name the KKK. We're already getting "what more do you want from me" tweets lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

but are their google and twitter hq marches still on for saturday

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nichael posted:

the daily show and snl were making fun of him and donny, I believe

:monocle:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

this is very unlike texas actually

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I will lmao very hard when this boy inevitably gets his teeth dusted on a curb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

usatoday posted:

It also theorizes that James Fields of Maumee, Ohio, charged with second-degree murder after driving his car into a crowd of people at the rally, was not part of the alt-right, primarily because his mother has "a very Jewish name." Her name is Samantha Bloom.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Von Sloneker posted:

a reminder that when he wants to, Trump can be very specific about acts of violence:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/08/the-death-of-kate-steinle-and-the-rise-of-donald-trump.html

no "beautiful Heather" eh?

imo it seems like he actually stopped himself from saying "a beautiful, beautiful young woman" or somethin

you can see the tics go off that all go off when he's about to interject--and then he doesn't interject

somehow

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
pretty cool that we get at least 7.5 years of this

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

When you're too racist for the fuckign Texas Legislature and Texas A&M

lol

Just lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I mostly wrote that for myself because I can't keep reality straight anymore.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vaah posted:

I will lmao very hard when this boy inevitably gets his teeth dusted on a curb

i hope there's portrait mode video and someone yelling WORLDSTAR

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

f#a# posted:

was that the one at his private hotel where he had a bunch of people at the podium saying how great it was before his 30 second statement

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Good.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:wtc:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a bad day for nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

My lurker son who prefers to be referred to as "Jeb!" and I were talking about this just a few hours ago and we agreed that the A&M admin would shut the thing down for sure. College Station (that's the name of a town, where the uni is, for those not familiar with how stupid Texas is) is an unbelievably horrible place but the school has to keep up appearances.

• Locked thread