Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hey gamma no need for ableist slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's fair to think but he has some good reviews and a few of his dumb gags still make me laugh. That's about it.

Thats probably true. Wasnt a slight against you or anyone who lieks him

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

That's exactly the section that made me go "ok, this guy is just really terrible at the game and is giving it a poor score due to his own complete lack of skill".

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oh my loving god the Chemical Plant Zone boss you guys :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

IS the gentleman from polygon complaining about sonic being too hard here the asme guy who made that dreadful Doom gameplay video last year lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lives are archaic though

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also thanks to whoever bought me this kickin' rad avatar

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

beep by grandpa posted:

IS the gentleman from polygon complaining about sonic being too hard here the asme guy who made that dreadful Doom gameplay video last year lol

yes

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Lives are archaic though

But Sonic games really are not that hard. I mean, I can get infinite lives in a game like Super Meat Boy, but Genesis Sonic? I play games like Death Road to Canada in which you die and need to start all over again and I don't cry tears of blood because of that. Sonic Mania isn't even a long game! That reviewer just SUCKS.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Polygon, your video content is usually pretty great, why do you repay me with your trash writing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if it makes yall feel any better gies is leaving the industry to go to art school

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DoctorWhat posted:

hey gamma no need for ableist slurs

nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Frankston posted:

I appreciate the avatar, but I liked my turtle one better since it was a gift from a good friend I don't get to talk to anymore. :(

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Frankston posted:

Same! I got toxic caves bumping in my head now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who's giving out avatars?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

fyi half of his posts are language policing the Games forum

Also it's pretty cool how Sonic Mania, UNDERTALE and MatterFall are coming out on PS4 the same motherfu*king day I go away for a week :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Goddamn it SEGA, I need this in my PC life like yesterday!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Lol Gies says in the interview that he had to start up a "second game" to figure out how to change characters

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

there is never a need for it no matter what the content of their work is

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zelder posted:

Same! I got toxic caves bumping in my head now

Every time I see your av I think YEEEEEEEE

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

beep by grandpa posted:

fyi half of his posts are language policing the Games forum

Sonic wouldn't resort to ableist slurs, beep. I thought better of you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who's giving out avatars?

I have no idea but I now have Spinball's music playing in my head

Including the option menu

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Legit question: did sonic ever make fun of Robotnik for being fat? Robuttnik doesn't count because butts are funny and also I think that's the cartoon

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Mikedawson posted:

Starting the mania hype stream soon! The stream proper will begin on the hour. In the meantime, I'm taking requests for music to play.

https://cytu.be/r/MikesCorner

It's starting now!

Highlights include:

-One episode each of AoSTH, SatAM, and Sonic Underground
-Commercials where people tell you that nintendo sucks and you should buy a genesis.
-George "Gaming In the Clinton Years" Wood having an expert on Sonic on his public-access TV show
-The OVA!
-Docfuture having you relax with Sonic 1 Easy Mode
-The Sega Saturn's weird e3 video.

Also, thanks for the av.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thread, do I:

1. take a nap then go to wawa and get like 6 cups of coffee and stay up till midnight and play sonic mania before work/vacation tomorrow because SONIC

2. take some melatonin now and go to bed early and wake up mad early and get started tomorrow morning before work then late tomorrow nite and play Sonic while I have 7 people at my place before we go on our trip lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

Legit question: did sonic ever make fun of Robotnik for being fat? Robuttnik doesn't count because butts are funny and also I think that's the cartoon

I don't think so at least not in any of the main games.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I have bought two copies of Sonic Mania as is right and proper. Switch to take to work, PS4 for Sunday best.

Four zones in and dang. Game good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

in the early Sonic comics and US cartoons, but never in the games or Japanese productions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zelder posted:

I feel like if anyone's called him fat it would be Orbot

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

WHo says robotnik is fat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Robotnik is muscular under the fat, he just enjoys eating. Get off his case.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
#1 for sure

It's called Sonic Mania for a reason

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah he does in the cartoon with urkel but these days people would say robotnik isn't fat at all, he has a dad bod

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/SmallLindsay/status/897222678565847040

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oh no I'm double dipping

someone stop me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zelder posted:

Yup, but Robotnik decided to take that criticism and own it, and thus adopted the moniker Eggman. If it weren't for his trying to take over the world and his disdain for nature, Eggman would be a pretty awesome dude.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mikedawson posted:

Also, thanks for the av.

All the Spinball avs are really good but man you got an especially choice one there.

I'm kinda bummed I'm gonna need to avoid this thread for two weeks. Spoiled myself on what some of the new stages are but I don't really wanna risk anything more than that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

oh no I'm double dipping

someone stop me

Me too...my collector's edition is on the way but I only have a day to play it so I preordered it digitally on PS4. Not sure what I'll do with my extra copy, may sell it, give it away here, no clue!

But then again it's not like I don't already own every classic sonic game 2, 3 times over :shepface:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Eggman is a loving monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yup, but Robotnik decided to take that criticism and own it, and thus adopted the moniker Eggman. If it weren't for his trying to take over the world and his disdain for nature, Eggman would be a pretty awesome dude.