Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
That looks like a swell way to get acid in a bullet wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Thief posted:

this game would rule with location based voip like in squad or arma but still have it pathed around the map even though that would be kinda spergy and piss off a lot of players that write essays for upvotes. half the fun of games like dayz or pubg is talking poo poo to random people that are actively hunting you

the recent upgraded mic quality sounds great though so it would add to the tacticool atmosphere. the sound design in this game, from the music to the footsteps and shuffling of tiny wood splinters that you're tiptoeing on is all so amazing. :allears:

lol imagine an operator whose ability is a push to talk button directly into the enemy's voice comms and the only way to stop them is a thatcher or mute

i want an operator that doesnt even breach but in the drone phase can stand outside and tell op4 they're surrounded with a megaphone

That kind of reminds me off the old Splinter Cell games because they had a TON of ways to use the fact that there wasen't any party chat on console.

1.If you were grabbed by a Spy or pinned down by a Merc, you could talk to the guy you were about to kill/knock out

2.Spies had some kind of tracking/microphone bullet that would let you hear the enemies talking, and since the multiplayer was only 2v2 you REALLY wanted to know what they were talking about.

3. Not multiplayer related, but in the co-op campaign of Chaos Theory if you were using a microphone you had to actually whisper to talk to your buddy since the game picked up your voice and enemies would hear you. Which also lead to a lot physically yelling "HEY FUCKHEAD,OVER HERE" when you wanted a guard to come running from a long distance.

A shame you really can't do features like this anymore because the internet is so much more toxic than it used to be. Although COD of all franchises is still keeping this dream alive with the rage mic feature.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CJ posted:

Toxic babe in position.

extreme warcrimes

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

1.If you were grabbed by a Spy or pinned down by a Merc, you could talk to the guy you were about to kill/knock out

2.Spies had some kind of tracking/microphone bullet that would let you hear the enemies talking, and since the multiplayer was only 2v2 you REALLY wanted to know what they were talking about.

3. Not multiplayer related, but in the co-op campaign of Chaos Theory if you were using a microphone you had to actually whisper to talk to your buddy since the game picked up your voice and enemies would hear you. Which also lead to a lot physically yelling "HEY FUCKHEAD,OVER HERE" when you wanted a guard to come running from a long distance.

drat, yeah I remember those days! :allears: I would love it, if they ever brought out a SC Spies vs Mercs game in a similar vein to how they've been doing Siege. (Although obviously more Splinter Cell-y) Since hearing the merc players talking about where they thought we were (which was way off) while I was dangling overhead was so good, then hearing them go 'ah poo poo!' when you drop down on top of them, or pull them over railings was the best.
I'd forgotten about that SC:CT coop thing, though. That was great, since as you said, the mic detection thing was more beneficial than not, a lot of the time - at least for my friend and I, as we tended to split up and distract enemies for one another, etc. :D

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Chaos Theory multiplayer and coop were too good for us.

I remembered playing spy just doing the Jaws theme hoping to piss off or scare the mercs.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

Chaos Theory multiplayer and coop were too good for us.

I remembered playing spy just doing the Jaws theme hoping to piss off or scare the mercs.

haha it was so good, doing things like that. Also funny when both spies took it in turns making loud noises by sprinting or rolling/jumping, etc. around the mercs (like on metal grating overhead, or around a corner, etc) and just ran off, allowing you to do the same from the other side.
Since I did that sometimes, just getting the mercs to panic and spray all over the place, like it was something out of Aliens :unsmigghh:

EDIT: Oh, the above was mostly in Double Agent's SvM mode, though. I loved how fast you could run around and climb, etc as a spy in that one.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Roobanguy posted:

extreme warcrimes

...finally a worthy opponent for smoke

even his operator vid thumnbail makes it look like he's behind the gas attacks at bartlett

also "Blood Orchid" is a cool name

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

even his operator vid thumnbail makes it look like he's behind the gas attacks at bartlett

He told you it's better not to ask (mate).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

Oh my God, it's Red. He's so pretentious.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

Wait a minute

:2bong:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Ularg posted:

He told you it's better not to ask (mate).

i just wanna know if its indica or sativa!!

lets be real though, its prolly a tactical hybrid

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thief posted:

i just wanna know if its indica or sativa!!

lets be real though, its prolly a tactical hybrid

If he was Russian it'd be fentanyl, we all know that works great for hostage situations

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Spatial audio? Guards vs Mercs Intruders? It’s finally my time to shine!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Today marked my 13th birthday at Ubi... Is that bad luck ? I think i'm gonna break the code to celebrate.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
We all know you were going to break it anyway.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Hard posted:

Today marked my 13th birthday at Ubi... Is that bad luck ? I think i'm gonna break the code to celebrate.

How can you break what is already broken.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Hold my beer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

Hard luck, huh.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You could try fixing things instead. Sort of a "Here's a gift from me, on my birthday, as I am so giving" deal

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Does ubisoft give its employees cool swag like blizzard for 5/10 years of service?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hard posted:

Give everyone in the thread some codes for credit in the cash shop. ;)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I give tease. https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298778-16/year-2-season-3-kickoff-and-sneak-peek

afkmacro posted:

Does ubisoft give its employees cool swag like blizzard for 5/10 years of service?

Sorta, but it's not the same direction as Blizzard where you get a set of armor or sony with their controllers. You get to pick a(exponential) gift out of a list every 5-10-15-20 years but it's more like the year's android tablet, decent headphones, a certificate for a resort etc.. + a dinner in a baller restaurant with the CEO.

I guess from an outside perspective it could seem cheaper than a sword on your desk but it really fits the general vibe of the studio where it's just a big family party all year long.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 14, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If you wanna do something special add a "Owned" section to the store that lets me view all my cosmetics I've unlocked and see who they go to without having to go one by one through my operators if I forget which one gets that loving Ice camo.

(spoiler it was the German shotguns so I'm not really that pleased)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hard posted:

I give tease. https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298778-16/year-2-season-3-kickoff-and-sneak-peek

Sorta, but it's not the same direction as Blizzard where you get a set of armor or sony with their controllers. You get to pick a(exponential) gift out of a list every 5-10-15-20 years but it's more like the year's android tablet, decent headphones, a certificate for a resort etc.. + a dinner in a baller restaurant with the CEO.

I guess from an outside perspective it could seem cheaper than a sword on your desk but it really fits the general vibe of the studio where it's just a big family party all year long.

Yves Guillemot? He seems like a cool guy in his E3 presentations and interviews.

CJ fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 14, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

CJ posted:

Yves Guillemot? He seems like a cool guy in his E3 presentations and interviews.

Montreal's CEO is Yannis Mallat, also a pretty cool guy in my book. As for Yves G, the half dozen times i had small talk with him he was about as genuine as you saw him in those videos.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

You pieces of poo poo stole my idea for the :cumpolice: defender. God drat it the weapon is even called "Goo."

Orv
May 4, 2011
Cloaked toxic caltrops huh.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Don't really understand why we need 3 champs with mines at the same time but ok.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't understand why the GROM operator is Strictly Worse Echo.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Orv posted:

She gets a pistol scope, and presumably isn't a 1 speed piece of trash with an anime gun.

CJ fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 15, 2017

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Orv posted:

Right, but we haven't seen their guns yet. The abilities might look underwhelming but based on all the other new operators that had to be nerfed after release, they'll all have good weapons that'll be a reason to pick them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's no way Jager is going to remain the way he is with another op shooting bazillions of flashbang projectiles as well as losing his ACOG. His gadget is already sorta worthless as it is.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Orv posted:

I guess it might boil down to how big and conspicuous the mines and up being. If they're small enough to easily hide behind doorways or even on ceilings (if you can actually throw them) I could see them being useful as it'd be easier to coordinate and exploit their effect than with Echo. But if they're a big old Jäger-style "look there's a thing here" affair you might as well go with Frost or Kapkan instead, since their traps actually kill people.

Come to think of it, I wonder whether Lesion's thingies will be visible to IQ. If yes, that might give her a nice boost in general usefulness.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Why is the polish operator the most anime looking operator?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey when are you gonna add more huge dudes covered in armor? don't even need a gadget, i'll take reskinned rooks. tia

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hey when are you gonna add more huge dudes covered in armor? don't even need a gadget, i'll take reskinned rooks. tia

Yes, please add a melee-only guy in an EOD suit.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
can we get a skin for every operator that is tchanka

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I'm surprised Hibana isn't a 15 year old girl. They really like the child prodigy trope over there. Maybe when South Korea comes out, worked for Overwatch.

CJ fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

AnElegantPeacock posted:

So she can have our lastest (and only) spacegun, the MSBS:

Probably combined with the cutest gun there is, the PP Bizon as her sidearm. Wonder what she'll get for the shotgun option, cause I don't think that GROM has any shotguns in their arsenal.

Yeah but seriously green hair? Can't say I don't understand the tactical appeal of the bodysuit pants, but green hair?
Plus the new Hong Kong attacker is just another way for Ubi to poo poo on Blitz, leave the poor guy alone.

PS. For those of you wondering, the gadget name means "Sound of thunder mine", cause in polish "Sound of thunder" and "flash of thunder" are - "grzmot" and "grom" respectively, I find this cool.

• Locked thread