Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol he never made it out of LA? Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That was one of the funniest threads in SA right up there with the Hawaii goon village

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

He bought a cheap-rear end bicycle cart and filled it with garbage that he didn't need. 6 miles into the "hike" it broke because it was made from plastic and chinesium and never built to traverse any terrain less smooth than an asphalt bicycle path.

He started out at Point Reyes Hostel outside of SF and didn't even make it to the golden gate bridge in three days. He basically failed to take a walk in a park.

Muerte posted:

Quite exhausted. I'm somewhere on the Bolinas ridge trail and it has been nothing but up hill. The topography map shows it should be a level elevation but it is not. I just stopped to chat with some bikers and the informed me it's still nothing but up hill for some time. My left knee is aching quite a bit but I'm trying to rest when I need it and staying positive. It's about 45 degrees up here which feels great while hiking. Still in good spirits even with the struggles.

Muerte posted:

No hiking today going to take a rest day just walking the 100 feet to the bathroom is grueling. Going to rest up and eat a lot. The last three days I've only eaten a handful of raisens.

The whole thread is good, but if you can't be arsed to read 80 pages, you can just read Muerte's initial posts, then read posts by Dr.Caligari and Anaconda Rifle who stalked his Facebook and provided updates after he stopped posting.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

hot sauce posted:

That was one of the funniest threads in SA right up there with the Hawaii goon village

Texarrakis too. Kid from somewhere on the east coast bought a little patch of land in bumfuck, Texas with the intention of making a sustainable little commune. They camped and blew their money buying supplies like water, 2 friends left after a few weeks and the last two stuck it out a bit.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

He is also a good source of weirdly useful literary information.

Ok post your favorite YouTube channels that help you be a better motorcycle person.

For me it's AvE: https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil

He goes way in depth on seemingly normal objects and explains the weird, awesome and (sometimes) lovely engineering that went into them.

I can tell you I think about the composition of plastic way more after his videos.

Also you'll learn what "skookum" means.

This is really great, wish I knew about this when I was running a robotics team, thanks!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Collateral Damage posted:

He bought a cheap-rear end bicycle cart and filled it with garbage that he didn't need. 6 miles into the "hike" it broke because it was made from plastic and chinesium and never built to traverse any terrain less smooth than an asphalt bicycle path.

He started out at Point Reyes Hostel outside of SF and didn't even make it to the golden gate bridge in three days. He basically failed to take a walk in a park.

The whole thread is good, but if you can't be arsed to read 80 pages, you can just read Muerte's initial posts, then read posts by Dr.Caligari and Anaconda Rifle who stalked his Facebook and provided updates after he stopped posting.

He did manage to avoid hiking head on into a Porsche though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and he was insured just as much (none)

I heard yammie was on a suspended license too, which is believable but was it true?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

I heard yammie was on a suspended license too, which is believable but was it true?

from: http://www.thedrive.com/watch-this/10716/when-a-spirited-ride-on-a-motorcycle-goes-very-bad

quote:

I reached out to both parties to try to get a better idea of what happened in this crash. Yammie Noob declined to comment for this article, while the Porsche driver, Peter (his last name withheld by request), sent me a copy of the accident report from the Jonestown, Texas Police Department. Yammie Noob was cited for "Drove on Wrong Side of Road," as well as "Driving While License Invalid (Suspended/Habitual Violator)." No citation for excessive speed was issued to either party. Yammie Noob had previously totaled another Triumph Daytona 675 in another street crash six months before this one. By his own admission on video, he entered a corner too fast, ran wide off the road, and hit a boulder and fence. Between that, his other videos showing him riding at excessive speed, and his adopted "Street Rossi" moniker, one can surmise why his license was suspended.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow that fucker almost deserves what he got, its too bad he had to involve a 2nd party in his long line of poo poo decisions

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Fauxtool posted:

I will admit watching.

In one of them he admitted his license was suspended, something about a ticket and not paying it. Or the ticket came with a suspension and he forgot, he did some mental gymnastics to justify it as a "mistake". He had even been pulled over with the suspended license and notified of it but continued to ride.

He also blames the Porsche driver for not carrying enough (gap) insurance to replace the totaled car.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Watched that fort9 Yamaha scrambler review and that channel has gone from top 5 to number one for me.

They need to do more gear destruction videos though, I found them interesting as gently caress to watch.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

There's no way I'm going to watch yammie's old videos and have youtube recommend me more bike vloggers than it already does, but does he have his first Daytona crash on video? I'm curious if he actually entered too fast, or just target fixated and went off the road.

I guess I'm already pretty sure on the answer, but you never know.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
He wasn't paying attention and ran wide and then after he hit dirt he decided that a boulder was a good place to park his bike.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

MomJeans420 posted:

There's no way I'm going to watch yammie's old videos and have youtube recommend me more bike vloggers than it already does, but does he have his first Daytona crash on video? I'm curious if he actually entered too fast, or just target fixated and went off the road.

I guess I'm already pretty sure on the answer, but you never know.

No, its not on video or at least he hasn't shared it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rdb posted:

No, its not on video or at least he hasn't shared it.

you cant find anything on his videos. He's really dismissive about all of his crashes, even comparing his skills to a motogp rider in that they both crash often. All of his "accidents" are things that happened to him rather than things he participated in creating.

Just a real shithead

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hey, whoever runs the biek slack, my account was deactivated and I would like to have it reactivated again plz n thnx

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

nsaP posted:

Hey, whoever runs the biek slack, my account was deactivated and I would like to have it reactivated again plz n thnx

this but unironically

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It's me. There's a thread for this, friends.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Okay well I have no idea where that is and everything I would need to say there you have already seen here so....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its in this very forum :spooky:

I'm pretty sure you were banned and also have multiple accounts (or maybe that's ex250 I'm thinking of?) so I'll have to look at the accounts quick.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 11, 2017

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
why does nsap get a pass and i dont

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean, he might not. I haven't even opened the admin page yet and I might keep forgetting to do so because I'm at work.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there supposed to be a road rash tournament where the winner gets admin rights in slack?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

hot sauce posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a road rash tournament where the winner gets admin rights in slack?

Chiche chould get admin rights. :v:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I never see JSB posting on slack anyway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cursedshitbox posted:

Chiche chould get admin rights. :v:

Finally, an upside.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Finally, an upside.

Don't you mean highside?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Flikken posted:

Don't you mean roadhighside?

fixd

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I mean, he might not. I haven't even opened the admin page yet and I might keep forgetting to do so because I'm at work.

I really don't know what you're talking about. Despite my reputation I've never done anything to warrant getting banned by you all and I just check in to it from time to time...

I mean if you all can show me something I did to deserve to get kicked out then fine, but I'm not sure what it would be. I find it kinda funny actually that someone would do that without me actually doing something to deserve it...? I thought you all were supposed to be the inclusive group and the IRC are supposedly the closed group that bans everyone? Seems like the opposite.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its in this very forum :spooky:

I'm pretty sure you were banned and also have multiple accounts (or maybe that's ex250 I'm thinking of?) so I'll have to look at the accounts quick.

Wasn't on the first page when I looked and I rarely look at the forum page anyway, usually just bookmarks.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

All communities everywhere are lame af

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GriszledMelkaba posted:

All communities everywhere are lame af

Can't spell communism without commun.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
So is that a yes on getting my account reactivated orr.....?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

nsaP posted:

me too plz

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Blipshift has a bitchin' sumo shirt on sale today. I don't even own a sumo and I'm totally buying one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That is awesome. I'm gonna pick one up, thanks.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Blipshift needs Moto shirts more often.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

hot sauce posted:

That is awesome. I'm gonna pick one up, thanks.

Sad I can't buy it since I upgraded from jap crap to a European beauty.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Koruthaiolos posted:

Sad I can't buy it since I upgraded from jap crap to a European beauty.

Previous sumo ownership gives you a pass.

Edit: I'm slow, totally forgot that you bought the 701 lol

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 15, 2017

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Beach Bum posted:

Blipshift has a bitchin' sumo shirt on sale today. I don't even own a sumo and I'm totally buying one

:aaaaa: short and long sleeve bought. Thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Beach Bum posted:

Talking of awesome t-shirts:

http://www.wemoto.com/info/jurby_t-shirt/

£10 from Wemoto, all profits go to the IoM TT air ambulance.