Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

shiksa posted:

its so rare i actually "click" with one that i'll devour it once i find it. the most important part is chemistry between cohosts. uhh yeah dude, the whole cave comedy radio crew, and the mcelroy brothers all have chemistry that appeals to me. they play off of each other well, don't overtalk too much, and have a more professional air without actually being npr productions or whatever. it makes a huge difference. i love chapo but sometimes they start to unravel and sound REALLY amateur.

as far as chemistry goes i have to recommend caustic soda which is about bad things in general. natural disasters, revolutions, serial killers, evil rulers, you name it. they can be kind of superficial if you are an expert on the topic but the hosts work very well together and it's a fun way to learn about random stuff in history/science/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

holy gently caress thats a real tweet

our president is a senile racist with strong fred christ KKK morals instilled into his perma smooth brain?

shocking

jest absolutely shocking

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/athertonkd/status/897216741054464000

:thunk:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
TRUMP

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

shiksa posted:

its so rare i actually "click" with one that i'll devour it once i find it. the most important part is chemistry between cohosts. uhh yeah dude, the whole cave comedy radio crew, and the mcelroy brothers all have chemistry that appeals to me. they play off of each other well, don't overtalk too much, and have a more professional air without actually being npr productions or whatever. it makes a huge difference. i love chapo but sometimes they start to unravel and sound REALLY amateur.

i listened to one chapo episode and thought it was alright

listened to another and they spent the whole ep talking about how wonder woman was about jewish imperialism or something

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/897294757378052100

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zakkro
May 29, 2015

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress was racist in Django

Tarantino's horrible Aussie accent, but that's about it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Before the #liberals find a reason to deface, destroy or degrade this one, I thought some of you might like to see it one more time...

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

change my name posted:

this statue sold for $15 million lol

if i had 15 million to spend on a statue of an anime character jizzing a lasso, that would be the one i would buy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eela6 posted:

Tides of History too.

Yeah, this (and Revolutions, which you quoted) are right up there with The Dollop on the always-listen list. History on Fire, eh, I know he's going after the Dan Carlin style but his tone of voice and insanely thick Italian accent make it highly listenable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

the slavery, probably

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/lovebscott/status/897143951483781120

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

your gong to have to listen to the French revo poscast twice probably but that's ok it's better the second time imho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the people against the nazis are the real nazis

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
nazis are human scum yes

*extremely curb your enthusiasm voice*

HAVING SAID THAT,L

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hey seattle postin pals, have you peeped the sky this evening? :eyepop:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

euphronius posted:

Black people exercising power

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah, this (and Revolutions, which you quoted) are right up there with The Dollop on the always-listen list. History on Fire, eh, I know he's going after the Dan Carlin style but his tone of voice and insanely thick Italian accent make it highly listenable.

and dan might be a little hit and miss but a good hardcore history is better than almost anything else

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

change my name posted:

this statue sold for $15 million lol

worth every loving penny probably more

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Augus posted:

I listened to one of their "best of the year" podcasts on the ride back from downstate and the segment they did with Werner Herzog helping them rehearse a hypothetical commercial had me in tears

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-travel-bug-with-august-lindt/

fake edit - this is an amazing episode but it looks like it's gated now :(

zakkro
May 29, 2015

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/897295145212817409

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no loving way he dug out a posobiec tweet from 12 hours ago

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FAUXTON posted:

Have you tried Our Fake History? I've liked a lot of that

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

FAUXTON posted:

lol u think matrix: revolutions was good

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Before the #liberals find a reason to deface, destroy or degrade this one, I thought some of you might like to see it one more time...

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/shutupandrosky/status/897238347722113024

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

eonwe posted:

wow condoleeza rice has bad take on something

im insanely shocked

her bad take is dont cover up embarassing history, that is actually a little bit surprising if you, you know, remember condoleezza rice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

the people against the nazis are the real nazis

centrism is poo poo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

your gong to have to listen to the French revo poscast twice probably but that's ok it's better the second time imho

you also gotta listen to the American and Haitian revolution series just for all the recurring characters that show up across them

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i wanna help pay for this dude's wedding

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tainen posted:

So I was trying to find out if the nude Trump statue was still somewhere in Seattle's Capitol Hill and I came across some posts on The Donald where people are very upset about the confederate statues getting destroyed and they are trying to rally the troops to tear down the Lenin Statue because I guess that will upset the Libs???

yep that's right. in Seattle we have a huge rear end statue of Lenin.

ya /pol/ was talking about organizing something to take it down earlier lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

*that point to your head meme*

kelly cant stop me from tweeting if im in trump tower all the time

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

im starting to think wolfesntein should be part of the standard curriculum and a prerequisite for graduation

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

like everything else, the birther poo poo was projection

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lastgirl posted:

centrism is poo poo

https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/897294409762574337

triple sulk