Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

egon_beeblebrox posted:

https://twitter.com/NathanFrizzell/status/897156859014074368

Apparently, a soundalike re-recorded Bowie's line from last night's episode. Weird.

Oh man I wonder if this means we'll be hearing Jeffries' voice again in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

egon_beeblebrox posted:

https://twitter.com/NathanFrizzell/status/897156859014074368

Apparently, a soundalike re-recorded Bowie's line from last night's episode. Weird.

They literally only changed "this" to "that". Bizarre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMszCiYdtts

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From a number of pages ago, the change from 'this' to 'that' actually comes from the final movie vs the Missing Pieces version:

FauxLeather posted:

Just did some poking around myself. Missing Pieces and FWwM seem to showcase those two different takes of the same scene.

FWwM (1:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMszCiYdtts

MP (0:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

lol is David Lynch is pulling a George Lucas on Twin Peaks? I hope the reasoning is significant.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 15, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did we ever figure out who the voice on the other end of Evil Coop's phone conversation was in ep 2? The "then I will be with BOB again" guy? I assumed Mike but never knew for sure. Was there a credit for it? Could it be Bowie dubber guy?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
hah, Gordon did leave Judy out of it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/c0fLT2Y.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 15, 2017

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I like the FWWM delivery better but maybe that's just because I'm more familiar with it

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That was a good episode. We even got to see Billy.

The "What's your mom's name?" line towards really jumps out at me, both in terms of being strange and the way it initiates sinister music. It's like a question the viewer would ask. I think the bar scenes may be telling the story of a doppelganger takeover of the town. Or maybe it's fake and part of Audrey's coma dream.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

holy poo poo lmao

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

RBX posted:

The FBI call scene is top 5 funniest things I've seen.
I laughed harder at this than anything I can remember.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

SO I guess the remaining episodes leaked? Geez.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Peacoffee posted:

SO I guess the remaining episodes leaked? Geez.

I read that it was just the synopsis from a Russian streaming site. I'd avoid places like reddit though because there'll probably be spoilers.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
https://imgur.com/5H2foSt

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If those Russian leaks are to be believed apparently Cooper and Booper share a passionate kiss which turns into ravenous lovemaking. Cole walks into the room by mistake and loudly exclaims "well I guess technically its masturbation!", but we the viewers know that it was actually rape

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

tap my mountain posted:

If those Russian leaks are to be believed apparently Cooper and Booper share a passionate kiss which turns into ravenous lovemaking. Cole walks into the room by mistake and loudly exclaims "well I guess technically its masturbation!", but we the viewers know that it was actually rape

That's pretty hosed up. Don't click that spoiler, guys.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is legit the funniest thing in any season to me

http://i.imgur.com/KiEmFi7.gifv

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2017

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Chinook posted:

That's pretty hosed up. Don't click that spoiler, guys.
:stare: I've never been so torn on clicking something this much before. Hnggg

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zmej posted:

:stare: I've never been so torn on clicking something this much before. Hnggg

Really, it's just everything we already know to be true. Nothing new there.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Is the bloody mouth guy related to the creepy kid Bobby sees in the passenger side of that car?

Speaking of possible possessions I found the story of the shop clerk madly chasing the green glove guy very interesting. It seems that whatever good the giant sends, black lodge seems to know about it or even tries to counteract it. To me the shop clerk's action do not sound normal in any way as if he was trying to prevent him from fulfilling whatever destiny the Fireman spoke of.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Don't make fun of masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Apple Craft posted:

Don't make fun of masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.

Pffft, lucky jerk. I'm stuck jacking off this total rear end in a top hat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXmiCTLuTI

Weird

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
So, Cooper is now inside Andy right? They way he talked when he apperead carrying the blind girl was exactly what Cooper would say.

I expect him to say "drat good coffe" next episode

And amazing episode holly christ

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
You need to sleep.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Elias_Maluco posted:

So, Cooper is now inside Andy right? They way he talked when he apperead carrying the blind girl was exactly what Cooper would say

Ehhhh I think Andy just absorbed the white lodge's info because he has a weird brain that's receptive to Lodge stuff. People with normal brains don't seem to cope with the lodges as well.

In the lodge, and in the episode itself, they explicitly talk about and show 2 Coopers. Andy would make 3... Or maybe 2.5

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That British dude that also met The Fireman didn't seem like Cooper.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wonder if the lodges ever screw things up. Like the Fireman gets a person and tells them some poo poo and later is like "oh god drat it I was way too vague and cryptic there. Nobody can figure that out" then has to do the routine all over again.

I can see it happening with this one. They'll do one of their favorite "angry lady ranting" scenes with his wife from e8 chewing him out. "You mean of those four guys you brought HIM!?!?"

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 15, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cooper not understanding his hints until it was too late back in the day is probably the reason he was so goddamn thorough with Freddie.

"Okay listen, the last guy just did not comprehend a single word I said so this time I'm trying something new. Just roll with it, I am definitely not used to talking this much yet. Go down to your local corner store and there you'll find ..."

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Really, it's just everything we already know to be true. Nothing new there.
I found more of the "spoilers" translated on reddit, but they are just vague episode descriptions. There's only one that's kinda significant Coop is "back" in episode 16, but then Dougie returns an episode or two later??? What the gently caress? https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6tox8l/s3e18_did_this_russian_streaming_service_just/

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Could we like, just not post leaked spoilers in this thread though? Even spoiler tagged it's easy to absentmindedly mouse over them thinking "oh yeah I'm caught up w/ this show"

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Why on earth would anyone want to spoil themselves with three weeks left to go, after watching the season all summer? Seriously, why. I just do not get that poo poo. And why on earth would they be right when apparently the only correct one was due to a verified gently caress-up in Germany? It's not like they're going to air another episode out of sequence at this point, especially since we've only got twp episodes left until the finale. And so far as I know all the other "spoiler synopses" proved to be largely bullshit.

Spoiling yourself at this point, it is like patiently sitting through the first 14 hours of a VERY long and awesome film and then deciding to read a synopsis of how it all ends before going in to watch the final 4 hours. Except in this case you've been watching the long film for like 3 months now. I am also of the opinion that we shouldn't post spoilers here because it's loving lame and as the only 5-star thread in TVIV we are better than that :colbert:

kaworu fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 15, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's a five star thread because of a funny gif. But I agree that spoilers should probably be left out of it.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's a five star thread because of a funny gif. But I agree that spoilers should probably be left out of it.

I'm sorry. I tried to use an emoticon that indicates sarcasm, but perhaps I should have been more clear and used the tags?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I can only assume these spoiler tags hide some really lame joke because otherwise you'd be, in my mind, a reprehensible shitbird only equalled by Chad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kaworu posted:

I'm sorry. I tried to use an emoticon that indicates sarcasm, but perhaps I should have been more clear and used the tags?

Nah, it just went over my head. We do post at a very high level in this thread. After all, we now know that Coop is inside Andy and that James is The Prince That Was Promised still cool.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

It's way less spoilery than the leak from last week and I have more questions than answers, but hey it gave kawrou a chance to post more condescension so I don't see why anyone is complaining.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I've been imagining Freddie's meeting with the giant was just British as hell, like the giant would try to be vague and he'd just be like 'wot? wot??' over and over again until the giant just got fed up and told him what to do straight out

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Fireman's theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y0ChoYgSek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenGun
Oct 21, 2005

In heaven everything is fine
Overall a good episode, but that scene with James and the other security guy was extremely weak. The guy provides an exposition dump out of the blue that conveniently connects with the thing Andy experienced just moments before, to set him up as an important piece of the puzzle in the laziest way possible. It also makes things disappointingly literal and straightforward, with the Fireman acting as a kind of deus ex machina nudging people into the right place when needed.