Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

All Zul'Jin is the best if everyone goes Guillotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dietrich posted:

wtf. We had a brawl where all 10 players had a pick between probius, probius, and probius.

Side note, it turns out that you can blow up friendly probius's void zones.

I had this but genji

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hehe, so far 5 for 5 wins on brawl. And lawl, as i type this we get an all li-ming brawl.

Hahaha, 10 li-ming game, we won in like 4 minutes

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 12, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sensual Simian posted:

100% Brightwing made me want to literally kill myself.

Try doing an all Abathur Blackheart Brawl. Was the worst hour of my life in recent memory.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Fuzz posted:

Try doing an all Abathur Blackheart Brawl. Was the worst hour of my life in recent memory.

Explain to me how that wasn't the funniest poo poo ever.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Had an all illidan brawl. The match was won by the team that had fewer people pick the hunt.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Had an all Butcher brawl once, it was perfect in every way.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I had a pretty annoying losing streak and had to do some math on it.

Assuming you win 50% of your games, on average:

1/2 games will be a loss
1/4 games will be the start of a 2 loss streak
1/8 will be the start of a 3 loss streak
1/16 for 4 losses
1/32 for 5 losses
1/64 for 6
1/128 for 7
1/256 games will be the start of an 8 loss streak

So yeah big loss streaks are more or less going to happen, more the more you play.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
All Sonya brawl was probably the best time I ever had in the brawl. It was in the literal sense a brawl from start to finish.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fuzz posted:

Someone please link that Abathur slapfight in honor of this.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shadowlyger posted:

Explain to me how that wasn't the funniest poo poo ever.

It was hilarious for the first 5 minutes until literally everyone on both sides but me and one other guy pointed out you have to move outside your base to collect coins and coins were the only way to win that brawl. Your monstrosity can't collect coins, nor can clones. No one listened to me when I told them to move their asses, so it literally turned into the one guy on the other team and me running around trying to just complete the objective while everyone else sat in their base with total radio silence.

I mean, at least have 2 people with hats on go and try to do it, but nope! Game literally took over 45 minutes, for no other reason than it was slow going and very hard to turn in because the other team randomly would decide to send their monstrosities to the middle and I was alone.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Trast posted:

Someone please link that Abathur slapfight in honor of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WsfplvaIio

They might as well have shut down the servers after this happened because it was the absolute zenith of HotS as a whole.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
My first brawl match was all Valera so naturally the cart barely moved because all it took was one person to stealth in a corner and no one could deal.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Fuzz posted:

Eh, depends on the map. On Blackheart's you can pretty easily solo split push both top lanes by level 7ish...

But you shouldn't. You should have someone else solo soaking the top two lanes while your team pushes bottom lane as 4 with you shutting down their poo poo.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's a whole lot of people around my lovely MMR that read "man butcher is nuts right now" and immediately jumped into game to glue themselves to a lane and farm meat without reading about what exactly makes butcher hot right now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

biznatchio posted:

But you shouldn't. You should have someone else solo soaking the top two lanes while your team pushes bottom lane as 4 with you shutting down their poo poo.

It's not unreasonable to have Sylv, split soak the top lane while the you push as 4 on bottom. Could be that your draft didn't give you another good split soaker or something. Though usually it's Xul that's doing the solo top strat on that map.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

God I love Shadow Charge so much, it must be the most bugged skill in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwS4r9qYS4

ps. Xul had a bad day.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

bamhand posted:

It's not unreasonable to have Sylv, split soak the top lane while the you push as 4 on bottom. Could be that your draft didn't give you another good split soaker or something. Though usually it's Xul that's doing the solo top strat on that map.

Whether you have an ideal top laner or not, you should still push with 4 bottom at the start of the game because it's so far from the other lanes, and you force them to waste a lot of time rotating down to respond. You'll end up at least getting the towers down before they can show up to contest it.

After they've responded, maybe then re-evaluate your life choices and go top; but the argument for sending Sylvanas to the top lanes only really makes sense if you have absolutely nobody else who can soak them effectively. Sylvanas is best spent multiplying the team's pushing power, not being by herself. If she's going to end up by herself, you are 100% better off if you just draft a different hero instead.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spudd posted:

ps. Xul had a bad day.

Probably Chen Q. They had at some point like 4 or 5 patches that were supposed to "fix" it and I doubt it works totally as it should even today.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Garrosh's E (Wrecking Ball, throw enemies) is up there. When enemies are juuust out of range, it will often go on full cooldown without throwing anyone.

Also, queue to log in right now of 45 minutes. I only have 90 minutes to play :gonk:

e: aaaaand it upped to 66 minutes. FML.

e2: huh. I clicked "Go offline", opened HotS, and logged in that way. Worked instantly. Must've been a weird bug with the launcher, potentially on my end.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 13, 2017

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
No, it happened to me, too.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I didnt play for a little while but I sure did today and Garrosh is my new best boy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Something is going on on Blizzard's end, they've disabled buying anything.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BrianBoitano posted:

Garrosh's E (Wrecking Ball, throw enemies) is up there. When enemies are juuust out of range, it will often go on full cooldown without throwing anyone.

Also, queue to log in right now of 45 minutes. I only have 90 minutes to play :gonk:

e: aaaaand it upped to 66 minutes. FML.

e2: huh. I clicked "Go offline", opened HotS, and logged in that way. Worked instantly. Must've been a weird bug with the launcher, potentially on my end.

I had to actually log into HOTS after launching from BNet. Something is weird, although I couldn't say what.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

NeurosisHead posted:

There's a whole lot of people around my lovely MMR that read "man butcher is nuts right now" and immediately jumped into game to glue themselves to a lane and farm meat without reading about what exactly makes butcher hot right now.

I love how it's immediately apparent which kind of Butcher you're play with/against. Someone posted a while back saying that if you have any amount of game sense as Butcher this was a buff, and that's absolutely true. In one match last night I got to 200 meat in less than five minutes, and after that there was no stoppin that murder train. Diablo and Stitches where just cramming meat down my throat as fast as they could, we ended that match at something like 42 kills to 8.

Basically, if you don't want a retarded Butcher, be Butcher.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Diablo, Butcher, Stukov. There, I just made a very strong team core.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Who's up next on that alleged character list, isn't it Kel'Thuzad? "kt ult up" is going to gently caress with my instincts a lot from both HotS AND League.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I hope he has his Dota ult. I love that ult.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Magna Kaser posted:

I hope he has his Dota ult. I love that ult.

Cassia already has it so there's no way KT will have it. The level 20 upgrade is even identical to Agh's.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Death and Decay incoming :getin:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Spudd posted:

ps. Xul had a bad day.

Holy that Xul is an ult magnet

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Spudd posted:

Death and Decay incoming :getin:

Upgraded to Defile

You think Cassia' lightning ball is bad :unsmigghh:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

bamhand posted:

Cassia already has it so there's no way KT will have it. The level 20 upgrade is even identical to Agh's.

Oh yeah. I literally forgot Cassia was in the game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyxrDq0Daz0

Fanart... good?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

bamhand posted:

Yeah but can Cassia's ult choose to ignore the 4 other enemy heroes and go bounce on creeps instead while you smash your keyboard on the wall in frustration?

Didn't think so :smug:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

GenericOverusedName posted:

Had an all Butcher brawl once, it was perfect in every way.

FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally got to play Garrosh for real today on the live servers. There are plenty of comps that just wreck him, ranged in particular is hard to deal with. But man when the other team has a comp that's really susceptible to Garrosh's throw ability, it's so SO sweet. Ruining Sgt Hammer's day over and over was the highlight of a Towers of Doom game I had earlier.

edit: Well Sgt Hammer is ranged too but most Hammers will just sit in tank mode and make it really easy to pull them to me and toss them. Also it's so loving satisfying tossing people over the gate that get a little too close

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can't equip a different voice line other than the default for Garrosh, anyone else had that bug out? :confused:

Macaluso posted:

Finally got to play Garrosh for real today on the live servers. There are plenty of comps that just wreck him, ranged in particular is hard to deal with. But man when the other team has a comp that's really susceptible to Garrosh's throw ability, it's so SO sweet. Ruining Sgt Hammer's day over and over was the highlight of a Towers of Doom game I had earlier.

edit: Well Sgt Hammer is ranged too but most Hammers will just sit in tank mode and make it really easy to pull them to me and toss them. Also it's so loving satisfying tossing people over the gate that get a little too close

I feel like Garrosh either needs more damage or more HP to be a viable pick.

I still think he should have been based off his SoO fight.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 15, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Cuntellectual posted:

I can't equip a different voice line other than the default for Garrosh, anyone else had that bug out? :confused:

I think I have a handful of heroes with that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Seems to be related to skins, plenty of non-default skins can't change their voicelines.

Also I've been D/Cing at the final second of a match roughly 1/5 games or so, and then I lose all xp and gold for the match. Thankfully I don't lose rank in HL but drat this glitch is annoying.