Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Comic writers are bad at writing personalities for minority characters" is a vile message? I thought that was a well known issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

"Comic writers are bad at writing personalities for minority characters" is a vile message? I thought that was a well known issue.

You're AGC'ing this one. That certainly isn't the intent of the cartoonist here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Context is important here. Coming from someone that actually understands writing and the importance of representation, they might have a point. Sometimes writers will make a character a minority and act like they are being diverse even if the character in question does nothing to contribute to the work. Like having a leading cast of nothing but strong white males that drag along one women that just stands back and watches them.

But we know this is coming from a misogynist and a racist so that obviously isn't the point they are making.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nawaf_fayez9999/status/896845169068302337

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Good job agreeing with the nazi, guys.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

This has nothing to do with Charlottesville and is like ten years old.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Good job agreeing with the nazi, guys.

I'd like you to show me proof of this person being a nazi before you accuse me of agreeing with a nazi, thank you in advance.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

This has nothing to do with Charlottesville and is like ten years old.
Also pretty sure it was a photoshop.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd like you to show me proof of this person being a nazi before you accuse me of agreeing with a nazi, thank you in advance.

Direct links to the artist's twitter has been posted in this thread. Go read the thread and find out yourself.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Also pretty sure it was a photoshop.

I can tell it was taken in Columbia SC because that corner of the state house parking garage is Distinctly Hideous ( also it's from the Confederate Flag removal protests)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Don't read the comments.
I dunno, they have their moments

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sorry I don't really feel like digging through a 700 page thread to find out if someone is actually a nazi or not.

Like I'm sure they make lovely comics or whatever, but don't post a comic that at first glance most people would agree with and then pull out the rug with "well the person who made this is a nazi, way to agree with a nazi' without proof.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 15, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

Sorry I don't really feel like digging through a 700 page thread to find out if someone is actually a nazi or not.

Should be pretty easy to tell.
It's not like they try to hide it anymore.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Then take the people who do read the threads word for it and shut up

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Iron Crowned posted:

Ramirez is a big fan of Gauntlet

Or Wizards & Warriors.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fister Roboto posted:

"Hey guys, I'm not going to educate myself and will also flaunt my explicit, self professed ignorance in your face while arguing about the exact thing I refuse to educate myself about. BUT SO HELP ME GOD DON'T ACTUALLY HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE OR EVEN TACITLY CALL ME OUT ON MY poo poo OR ELSE YOU'RE THE BADGUY!"

loving moron.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fister Roboto posted:

Like I'm sure they make lovely comics or whatever, but don't post a comic that at first glance most people would agree with and then pull out the rug with "well the person who made this is a nazi, way to agree with a nazi' without proof.

It was posted last week. Multiple comics. All a variation of misogynist, racist, or anti-trans/LGBT. The fact that you missed it, including a page's worth of conversation talking about rehosting the comics so their twitter doesn't get more views is really suspicious.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It was posted last week. Multiple comics. All a variation of misogynist, racist, or anti-trans/LGBT. The fact that you missed it, including a page's worth of conversation talking about rehosting the comics so their twitter doesn't get more views is really suspicious.

And was predicated with "Guess who...". They're a known comic to this thread and we all knew what the message was.

Do you need a weekly digest or newsletter to keep up with the thread you've been posting in since April?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

In case you really haven't been keeping up and aren't just poo poo-stirring, here's how this artist feels about women's equality:

I think you should be able to extrapolate from there how the other comic is meant.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
drat guys, i didn't recognize the artist either and i definitely don't have some kind of secret agenda

edit: although i get that everyone is pretty justifiably sensitive lately, myself included

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know that they make lovely comics and have lovely opinions, I just want proof that they are actually a nazi before accusing people of interpreting their comic in a charitable way of agreeing with a nazi.

I'm sorry for the stupid derail, but I really don't like being accused of agreeing with nazis, in case I haven't made that clear.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I know that they make lovely comics and have lovely opinions, I just want proof that they are actually a nazi before accusing people of interpreting their comic in a charitable way of agreeing with a nazi.

I'm sorry for the stupid derail, but I really don't like being accused of agreeing with nazis, in case I haven't made that clear.

Oh so you're going to play this game.

Do you want membership registrations or also receipts for paying dues?

Will short form certification do or will you need long form?

gently caress outta here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

e: you know what, I am being a huge loving idiot about this

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 15, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

See, the difference is that absolutely no one would care if your black mouthpiece suddenly turned into something else.

Fister Roboto posted:

I honestly thought you were trying to parody the people who argue that the Charlottesville marchers "maybe aren't technically Nazis" even though they carried Nazi paraphernalia and made Nazi salutes.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 15, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Somebody good with US Fighter explain to me how this combo works

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

toanoradian posted:

Lady Liberty gonna go Giancarlo Stanton on some Nazi skulls.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

e: you know what, I am being a huge loving idiot about this
I agree, thanks man.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Instead of painting them all as 'alt-right' figures, the media should face the fact that many people with similar ideals and objectives are conservative, Christian Republicans. AGC.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

toanoradian posted:

Hold back for one second, then down, down-right, right, heavy punch.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

toanoradian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhgS3riQJw

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

That punchline is surprisingly morbid for a strip about extinction.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I absolutely love that the alt right is already on the wrong side of history enough that the rest of the right is taking offense to comparison.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Aren't there already multiple species that are extinct in the wild but are still in zoos? Jurassic Park is real life

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I see Prickly City has decided to move on from not being Calvin and Hobbes to not being Doonesbury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

Aren't there already multiple species that are extinct in the wild but are still in zoos? Jurassic Park is real life

Yeah but there's a difference between a species going extinct in the wild with some surviving in captivity vs. a long extinct species being revived.

• Locked thread