Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Boofy posted:

if they remember to bring a scroll of town portal jon's crew should be fine.

They need to do what Euron has done and just unlock all the fast travel points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
dear god Coster-Waldau is way underappreciated in this show. The range of emotions his face went through when Lena told him she was pregnant was top notch quality acting

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is Mel gone forever? I forgot where she said she was going

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

drunken officeparty posted:

Is Mel gone forever? I forgot where she said she was going

She returned to Essos, but basically turned and winked at the camera and said she'll be back next season so she can die.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

dear god Coster-Waldau is way underappreciated in this show. The range of emotions his face went through when Lena told him she was pregnant was top notch quality acting

Yeah he totally owns the role, I just wish his story in the show was better. He should have burned that goddamn letter and went looking for Brianne.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

dear god Coster-Waldau is way underappreciated in this show.

His silent reaction to Olenna's confession was pretty good too.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
my ep 6 predictions:
- party boys hit up the grave-train w/ some real wedding crashers/zombie movie antics (hiding behind a rock, fall in line pretending they are zombies, hound stubs his toe and goes "gently caress this ya oval office" and starts killing stuff, mayhem)
- dany at war table with council, she is distracted cuz she's worried about the party boys, specifically one party boy. "my dog likes him! but tehere's something he's not telling me...." etc. melisandre comes out of NOWHERE (prob a lil scene where she makes dumb npc guards look stupid) and says "save jon snow". the council start yelling and dany says nothing, real quietlike. then they stop and look at her all "don't you even think about it ;)"
- sam and gilly and their son in like the riverlands. sam is reading scrolls, real sweaty-like, gilly bouncing son on lap. some highwaymen try to rob them and sam goes "h-h-hey, f-f-uck off!" and a guy goes "where'd you learn to say that? rhaegar targaryen???" and sam is all "EUREKA"
- cersei meets with euron privately, (gregor is there too). cersei wants euron to raid iron bank ships and take gold/hostages. euron senses he's being pranked and tries to back out. cersei says she'll kill him and gregor stands near him or something, but euron calls her bluff. she then starts disrobing and it is heavily implied that euron and cersei gently caress. maybe a funny part where as they are kissing cersei goes "you are dismissed ser strong!!!" and gregor hurries out
- not looking good for los lonely boys. fighting their way out of the mosh pit, thoros loving dies and comes back as an undead. beric is like "gently caress BRO NOOOO" and slays him. then ROOOOOOOAAAAAR goes drogon and the other dragons are there too. dany flies in and smugly but sternly whisper shouts "dracarys". a path is cleared for the los lonely boys. the hound has a wight tied to his back and it's being all goofy, they're home free! but then the night king pulls out the HORN OF WINTER and blows BFOOOOOOOOOOO. turns out the horn of winter is like a real bad dog whistle for dragons, and they CRASH to the ground. dragon and his side bitch are able to get back to their senses, but his other side bitch gets overwhelmed by the wights. dany is like "NOOOO" and starts charging, and jon is like "STOP THERE'S NOTHING U CAN DO" then suddenly "HISSSSSSSSSS" the wights disperse and there's the loving night king ridiing a loving dracolich and he kills beric and burns down the loving wall.

ep 7:
- wall's got a big hole in it and wights are pouring through, they don't give a gently caress about party team. dany's acting like her dad and wants to bum rush the night king and jon is like we have to warn winterfell. she's like take my poo poo dragon, i'll use the good one to hold him off, and jon is hesitant but he does it and it's cool b/c
- CUT TO SAM. info dump about r+l = j and summerhall.
- arya and sansa get in a big rear end fight. arya kills sansa and LF is all "wait no! oh no you shouldn't have done that, that note was a joke note i use at parties!" and arya is like "ahhhh fuuuuckkkkk" and kills herself. interspersed with cuts to jon flying back as fast as he can.
- cersei straight up tells jaime she hosed euron adn they get in a big fight. jaime's like "i wish you were dead!" and cersei's like "guards!" a bunch of euron's goons come out and take jaime to the dungeons.
- jon arrives to winterfell and is like wtf??? brienne is ugly crying and everybody is standing around sansa and arya dead bodies. they part away and jon is like gently caress NO. he grabs LF by the throat and is liek I KNOW U HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS. tensions are high af. then bran wheels in. everybody's freaking out trying to explain to him what happened and he's all :| -> :| -> :). everyone's like wtf??? bran pulls out a glock 18 and shoots himself in the head. cut to night king bringing his head back from i just shot myself in the head position to normal position, smiling. dany and drogon are crash landed nearby, not in good shape.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

no one cares

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fbsw posted:

my ep 6 predictions:
- party boys hit up the grave-train w/ some real wedding crashers/zombie movie antics (hiding behind a rock, fall in line pretending they are zombies, hound stubs his toe and goes "gently caress this ya oval office" and starts killing stuff, mayhem)
- dany at war table with council, she is distracted cuz she's worried about the party boys, specifically one party boy. "my dog likes him! but tehere's something he's not telling me...." etc. melisandre comes out of NOWHERE (prob a lil scene where she makes dumb npc guards look stupid) and says "save jon snow". the council start yelling and dany says nothing, real quietlike. then they stop and look at her all "don't you even think about it ;)"
- sam and gilly and their son in like the riverlands. sam is reading scrolls, real sweaty-like, gilly bouncing son on lap. some highwaymen try to rob them and sam goes "h-h-hey, f-f-uck off!" and a guy goes "where'd you learn to say that? rhaegar targaryen???" and sam is all "EUREKA"
- cersei meets with euron privately, (gregor is there too). cersei wants euron to raid iron bank ships and take gold/hostages. euron senses he's being pranked and tries to back out. cersei says she'll kill him and gregor stands near him or something, but euron calls her bluff. she then starts disrobing and it is heavily implied that euron and cersei gently caress. maybe a funny part where as they are kissing cersei goes "you are dismissed ser strong!!!" and gregor hurries out
- not looking good for los lonely boys. fighting their way out of the mosh pit, thoros loving dies and comes back as an undead. beric is like "gently caress BRO NOOOO" and slays him. then ROOOOOOOAAAAAR goes drogon and the other dragons are there too. dany flies in and smugly but sternly whisper shouts "dracarys". a path is cleared for the los lonely boys. the hound has a wight tied to his back and it's being all goofy, they're home free! but then the night king pulls out the HORN OF WINTER and blows BFOOOOOOOOOOO. turns out the horn of winter is like a real bad dog whistle for dragons, and they CRASH to the ground. dragon and his side bitch are able to get back to their senses, but his other side bitch gets overwhelmed by the wights. dany is like "NOOOO" and starts charging, and jon is like "STOP THERE'S NOTHING U CAN DO" then suddenly "HISSSSSSSSSS" the wights disperse and there's the loving night king ridiing a loving dracolich and he kills beric and burns down the loving wall.

ep 7:
- wall's got a big hole in it and wights are pouring through, they don't give a gently caress about party team. dany's acting like her dad and wants to bum rush the night king and jon is like we have to warn winterfell. she's like take my poo poo dragon, i'll use the good one to hold him off, and jon is hesitant but he does it and it's cool b/c
- CUT TO SAM. info dump about r+l = j and summerhall.
- arya and sansa get in a big rear end fight. arya kills sansa and LF is all "wait no! oh no you shouldn't have done that, that note was a joke note i use at parties!" and arya is like "ahhhh fuuuuckkkkk" and kills herself. interspersed with cuts to jon flying back as fast as he can.
- cersei straight up tells jaime she hosed euron adn they get in a big fight. jaime's like "i wish you were dead!" and cersei's like "guards!" a bunch of euron's goons come out and take jaime to the dungeons.
- jon arrives to winterfell and is like wtf??? brienne is ugly crying and everybody is standing around sansa and arya dead bodies. they part away and jon is like gently caress NO. he grabs LF by the throat and is liek I KNOW U HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS. tensions are high af. then bran wheels in. everybody's freaking out trying to explain to him what happened and he's all :| -> :| -> :). everyone's like wtf??? bran pulls out a glock 18 and shoots himself in the head. cut to night king bringing his head back from i just shot myself in the head position to normal position, smiling. dany and drogon are crash landed nearby, not in good shape.

All you had to do was read the spoilers that have been posted several times in this thread to avoid looking this stupid. This is on you and you alone.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Reading the unsullied thread, it's really sad seeing sooo many really loving good theories as to what is gonna happen.

Like some people saying Beric will die and become the wight and that was the whole reason why the Lord of Light kept bringing him back, so he could die at the right point. This would definitely be in GRRM's style if Beric wasn't dead for realsies in the book.

Or the Hound dieing and Beric giving his life to bring him back, fueling TPTWP theories (fanservicy of the good type)

Or another person saying that Missandei will betray Daenerys during the pit meeting for Grey Worm's sake (betrayal for love, even though the 3 betrayal prophecy was cut from the show).

What we are really gonna get is such a :flaccid: in comparison.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice job making that really long post that says bro things a lot.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
My Episode 6 Predictions:
-We get a long shot of the Jon's group plodding out in to the Wilds beyond the Wall. After going 10 miles or so, they all realize that they forgot their hats and have to go back.
-The Hound calls Jon a oval office because his sword has a name. When it's pointed out that Longclaw is the Mormont family blade and was named many generations ago, Clegane turns and tells Jorah that his entire family were cunts. Jorah just sort of nods in agreement.
-Arya makes a very life-like carving of Tormund's head, puts it on a stick and spends a bunch of time trying to freak out Brienne at Winterfell. Littlefinger watches and continues to smile in that way that would make you want to Taser him if you ever met him in real life.
-Sansa rolls her eyes so far up in to her head they get stuck and Podrick has to smack them back down.
-Jaime tells Bronn that Cersei is pregnant, Bronn tells Jaime to stop loving his goddamned sister. Jaime looks at him in shock and Bronn tells him that yes, the entire continent already knows and that there are at least three very popular tavern songs about it so stop loving your goddamned sister.
-Jaime does not, in fact, stop loving his sister.
-We get a shot of Dany arguing with her advisors at Dragonstone about their next step. Finally Daenerys puts a stop to the argument and says that she's making a decision as their Queen and orders Chinese, even though Tyrion and Varys wanted Thai.
-Missandei gets Tyrion's order wrong on purpose.
-Later Dany sneaks off to a secret cave underneath the castle with Drogon and we find out that her dragons are actually just a bunch of cats in a large wooden frame covered by fabric. This is why we never see cats, Daenerys kidnapped them all.
-Archmaester Marwyn wanders around the Citadel looking for Sam, and realizes that he's left. He then goes and looks through the archives, and finds out that Sam took the only scroll that had instructions on how to poop. He shakes his fist in geriatric rage.
-Sam and Gilly travel to Winterfell hoping to talk to Jon but are told that he's gone. With nothing else to do, Sam helps Arya mess with Brienne by making a really good wig and fake beard for her carving.
-Jaime continues to gently caress his sister.

grack fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 15, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My episode 6 predictions: it will be on hbo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Chadzok posted:

I was hoping after Littlefinger's last sneaky grin, we'd get a shot of Arya peeking around the corner with a sly grin, then a shot of littlefinger leaving - but seeing arya's sly grin reflected in a shiny decorative shield, gives a slight smile of his own. after littlefinger leaves, arya gives the shiny shield a little buff with her sleeve and grins.

Lmao

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

grack posted:

-Later Dany sneaks off to a secret cave underneath the castle with Drogon and we find out that her dragons are actually just a bunch of cats in a large wooden frame covered by fabric. This is why we never see cats, Daenerys kidnapped them all.

Speaking of which, now that Tommen is dead I guarantee Qyburn has vivisected Ser Pounce

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cornflakes posted:

Speaking of which, now that Tommen is dead I guarantee Qyburn has vivisected Ser Pounce

wwydt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cornflakes posted:

:stonk:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Cornflakes posted:

eat poo poo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

grack posted:

My Episode 6 Predictions:
-We get a long shot of the Jon's group plodding out in to the Wilds beyond the Wall. After going 10 miles or so, they all realize that they forgot their hats and have to go back.
-The Hound calls Jon a oval office because his sword has a name. When it's pointed out that Longclaw is the Mormont family blade and was named many generations ago, Clegane turns and tells Jorah that his entire family were cunts. Jorah just sort of nods in agreement.
-Arya makes a very life-like carving of Tormund's head, puts it on a stick and spends a bunch of time trying to freak out Brienne at Winterfell. Littlefinger watches and continues to smile in that way that would make you want to Taser him if you ever met him in real life.
-Sansa rolls her eyes so far up in to her head they get stuck and Podrick has to smack them back down.
-Jaime tells Bronn that Cersei is pregnant, Bronn tells Jaime to stop loving his goddamned sister. Jaime looks at him in shock and Bronn tells him that yes, the entire continent already knows and that there are at least three very popular tavern songs about it so stop loving your goddamned sister.
-Jaime does not, in fact, stop loving his sister.
-We get a shot of Dany arguing with her advisors at Dragonstone about their next step. Finally Daenerys puts a stop to the argument and says that she's making a decision as their Queen and orders Chinese, even though Tyrion and Varys wanted Thai.
-Missandei gets Tyrion's order wrong on purpose.
-Archmaester Marwyn wanders around the Citadel looking for Sam, and realizes that he's left. He then goes and looks through the archives, and finds out that Sam took the only scroll that had instructions on how to poop. He shakes his fist in geriatric rage.
-Sam and Gilly travel to Winterfell hoping to talk to Jon but are told that he's gone. With nothing else to do, Sam helps Arya mess with Brienne by making a really good wig and fake beard for her carving.
-Jaime continues to gently caress his sister.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

the unsullied come across sam and eat him

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

grack posted:

:bravo:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Game of Thrones is pretty good, I liked this last episode that had nothing happen but honestly what's wrong with really expensive fan fiction.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This show is pretty much on the same writing formula as Sliders except there are more characters.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

fbsw posted:

Cersei is totally the person who'd try to have a romantic encounter with a big smelly zombie standing in the corner of the room.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Gendry owns and this fan service is great

correct

Sydin posted:

The rag tad bunch of misfits who all loving hate each other and their adventures north of the wall should own at least.

correct

In It For The Tank posted:

This dream team wight hunting party could only be more fan servicey if Jamie and Bronn were somehow apart of it.

yes they should be somehow

in conclusion I dig this fanservice, keep it up GOT

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB
Ahhh it was such a fantastic show up until episode 5

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Jaime being a part of the hunting party would have made sense as he would have just needed to see the undead and report back to cersei.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I wonder if the show runners remember that Arya was trained in finding secrets and and detecting falsehoods by playing the lying game.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

rapeface posted:

I wonder if the show runners remember that Arya was trained in finding secrets and and detecting falsehoods by playing the lying game.

Nope. Arya will go off on Sansa, who then goes off on her until the male protagonist in Winterfell stops their bickering because he is all knowing.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

banned from Starbucks posted:

the unsullied come across sam and eat him

I don't think the eunuchs will be coming across anyone.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What a weak episode

Not even specially bad just.. lame. Everything was so underwhelming

fake edit: was that sword that stole from his father ever mentioned again? I suppose he would miss it, at the battle

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 15, 2017

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

fake edit: was hat sword that stole from his father ever mentioned again? I suppose he wpul miss it, at the battle

No, but Sam will find a new Valyrian sword on the roadside because the writers suddenly remembered that they need it for the endgame but had forgotten that they already gave Sam one. Mark my words

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Wife and I were discussing the lightning fast pacing when we watched last night, but the fact is there are just no locations left. We only have what, 4 locations? Sam just left oldtown so we can assume he's heading to winterfell. Once Jon reunites with Dany after heading north we will be down to 3. Once Dany decides to head north to fight the WW we'll be down to 2 major locations, north and south. IMO they are still actually stretching with extra battles and such. Yeah they are fun to watch but there's not much story to advance. Fighting the WW, Jon's parentage, dealing with Cersei. Are there any other major plot points left? It's not surprising it feels fast.

I hope it ends like the new WHAS and just has a 20 minute montage of everyone doing great.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hanales posted:

I hope it ends like the new WHAS and just has a 20 minute montage of everyone doing great.

What is WHAS?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

JBP posted:

What is WHAS?

WHAS11 is the official news source for local news, breaking news, weather and sports in Kentuckiana, Louisville and Southern Ohio.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah that's what google said, but it's also still on the air so I don't know what's up with this guy saying he saw the end of it.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

My prediction for next season:. Gendry, Sam, and Drogon will figure out how to make Valyrian steel again.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

JBP posted:

What is WHAS?

Wet Hot American Summer. A silly series based on a silly movie.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Jon and Euron have teleported all over Westros twice over in the time it has taken the White Walkers to reach Eastwatch.

Funny people complaining about the dialogue where characters are being introduced to each other or reuniting... if they did not they'd bitch about it.

The A Team is stupidly put together but it is the most fun group of characters. Throw in Bronn with Davos and you've got the whole squad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Jon and Euron are also sailing while the Night King's army is moving at what is best described as a shamble.

• Locked thread