Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Now you know why the pies are so expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-rafael-marquez-alvarez-drug-sanctions-20170809-story.html

quote:

The United States Treasury Department says legendary Mexican soccer player Rafael Marquez Alvarez and a well-known norteño band leader are among 22 people sanctioned for alleged ties to a drug trafficking organization.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

NYTimes has an actual article about it:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/sports/soccer/rafa-marquez-mexico-drugs.html?referer=

And Treasury's press release:
https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0144.aspx

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 9, 2017

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope he goes to prison for the rest of his life but he won't.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yessss

Only registered members can see post attachments!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Should've used his panini card for the mugshot

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

paddyboat posted:

lol

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

paddyboat posted:

Lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

i mean, are you surprised

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

i mean, are you surprised

No telling what this guy is up to but just hasn't been disclosed:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tortilla Maker posted:

No telling what this guy is up to but just hasn't been disclosed:

Think about this Bonnie and Clyde pairing

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Not footballer but Sky Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher has been arrested for drink driving, apparently over the limit at 11.30am on the way to pick up her kids. I'm sure there was a suggestion she may have been drunk on air not too long ago.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Not footballer but Sky Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher has been arrested for drink driving, apparently over the limit at 11.30am on the way to pick up her kids. I'm sure there was a suggestion she may have been drunk on air not too long ago.

i'm sure most guys would get in the car, regardless

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
More like Thirsty Gallacher ;)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I mean, I can understand a beer or two but over the limit is stupid.

Also I don't know the difference or legalities because I'm sure it's based by state but is driving under the influence and driving while intoxicated same? Like one only if it goes over the legal limit?

The classifications of laws are loving weird. Assault is yelling at someone, assault with intent to commit bodily harm is the same as "I'm going to gently caress your poo poo up farmboy," while assault consummated by battery is the actual act of whatever intended for harm.

It's all misleading and I am not being apologetic to her situation in anyway, I'm just curious. I know Britain has some of the same things.

Edit: yes I know alcohol affects people differently so it's very possible she had just "1 or 2" and made that point.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You're ignoring that it was 11:30am and she was picking up her children.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

You're ignoring that it was 11:30am and she was picking up her children.

Picking up children is relevant because I don't think that's a smart choice on her part. The time isn't because no one tells me how to party. 4/27 just blaze.

Also like you haven't been wasted on some random rear end Monday at noon. Shame

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

You can still be well over the limit the morning after a heavy night

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
After a particularly good night you can still easily be over the limit at lunch the next day.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

YEah and it's a great move cause the daily 10 o'clock beer will fight off the hangover before it starts

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

More like Thirsty Gallacher ;)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

YEah and it's a great move cause the daily 10 o'clock beer will fight off the hangover before it starts

#lifehacks

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I don't even think this belongs here, but here you go

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-legend-paul-gascoigne-claims-11025157

quote:

“He made mine look small.

“I went ‘Les, Les please, please let me have one f***ing hold of that thing’.

“So he let me have a hold of it.

“And I went out played a blinder and scored, right. I thought ‘f***ing brilliant’.

“So the next game at Wembley, ‘Les get it out’.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Here is some big weird news:

Podolski accused of human trafficking by none other than the #1 news source for our President. Brietbart.

http://m.dw.com/en/german-footballer-lukas-podolski-plans-to-take-breitbart-to-court-for-false-human-trafficker-photo/a-40166432

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

How about when football fans go feral ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-40999400

quote:

Police are investigating "offensive" comments about a van and a busy shopping centre in an area where there have been objections to plans for a new Aberdeen FC stadium.

BBC Scotland can reveal a comment on an online forum for fans stated: "Get in a van and take one for the team.
"The shopping centre bit will be busy this lunchtime."

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
How about a triple helping for you fine people?

Cocaine Jack starts a fight with a bunch of teenagers

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/jack-wilshere-sent-off-manchester-city-arsenal

quote:

Jack Wilshere was sent off after being involved in a mass brawl during the Arsenal under-23 match against Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium.

The FA's strategy of paying hush money to a footballer to keep quiet about their lovely manager and their lovely investigation into him isn't working out as well as they'd hoped.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

quote:

Mark Sampson, the manager of the England women’s football team, is alleged to have told one of his black players to make sure their Nigerian relatives did not bring Ebola to a game at Wembley, according to extraordinary new evidence the Guardian can present as part of the Eni Aluko hush-money case.
Aluko then received an email, within 24 hours of another meeting with leading FA executives to discuss her complaint, that the organisation was holding an investigation into her work as a sports lawyer for a football agency.

Stevenage's stewards appear to have got their freak on

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/21/grimsby-town-fans-show-bras-to-stevenage-stewards

quote:

Female football fans were left “shocked and stunned” when they were made to show their bras during security searches at Stevenage football club, a supporters’ group has said.
A 70-year-old woman was among those left “mortified” by the searches outside Stevenage FC’s Lamex Stadium, the Guardian understands.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ultrabindu posted:

The FA's strategy of paying hush money to a footballer to keep quiet about their lovely manager and their lovely investigation into him isn't working out as well as they'd hoped.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

But did her family actually have ebola?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Surprising to see Wayne Rooney jobbing as a steward at Stevenage

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Corrode posted:

Surprising to see Wayne Rooney jobbing as a steward at Stevenage

lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ex-Premier League players Carlos Tevez, Dirk Kuyt and Gabriel Heinze have been named by hackers Fancy Bears as three of the footballers cleared to use banned medicines at the 2010 World Cup.

The trio were among 25 players given Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) during the tournament in South Africa.

In its latest leaked documents, the Russian hacking group also claims 160 players failed drugs tests in 2015.

Four of the failed tests were registered by UK Anti-Doping (Ukad).

Three players tested positive for cocaine, and one for ecstasy.

This is the first time Fancy Bears hackers have released details about TUEs in football.

Tevez, now 33, was playing for Manchester City during the World Cup in 2010 having moved from Manchester United the previous year.

His former Argentina team-mate Heinze, 39, was playing for French club Marseille, having previously spent three seasons at Old Trafford.

Dutchman Kuyt, 37, was at Liverpool.

There is no suggestion any of these footballers have done anything wrong.

Who used what during the 2010 World Cup?

Tevez, Heinze and former Manchester United and Argentina midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron were prescribed betamethasone - a corticosteroid with a variety of uses. It does not feature directly on the World Anti-Doping Agency's (Wada) prohibited list, but is banned depending on the strength of the dose used.

Kuyt, who retired from football in May, used dexamethasone, apparently for pain relief because of tooth problems.

Germany international Mario Gomez needed salbutamol, which is a common asthma medication.

Ex-New Zealand, Blackburn and QPR defender Ryan Nelsen, who is listed as 'Nelson' on the published form, declared the use of prednisone, another corticosteroid.

There were no England players among the 25 names released by Fancy Bears.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41011854

maybe this is why england are so poo poo at world cups

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Doubting the veracity of that given that the entire Spanish national team seems absent.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
one presumes the spaniards didn't have exceptions for anything and just did it

maybe the bears will get around to detailing the spanish exploits soon

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Those really are all just therapeutic drugs though. When I had tendinitis I had the same corticosteroid and it just helps inflammation heal faster. It really seems like much ado about nothing. I guess aside from the few uses of coke and E but those are obviously recreational and wouldn't have any positive effect on performance.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

GutBomb posted:

Those really are all just therapeutic drugs though. When I had tendinitis I had the same corticosteroid and it just helps inflammation heal faster. It really seems like much ado about nothing. I guess aside from the few uses of coke and E but those are obviously recreational and wouldn't have any positive effect on performance.

Can you not see any way that helping inflammation heal faster would benefit a professional footballer?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Sure but why would healing inflammation faster than no medication be considered cheating? Inflammation isn't part of the game, so healing injuries faster seems like proper treatment. I dunno. I don't see how it gives any sort of advantage since it's just used to heal an injury.

Kick inflammation out of football.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Most PEDs are used specifically to let you recover faster and therefore train more

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
If you're training to hard inflammation occurs then I don't really see what's wrong with treating it.

I don't even see what's wrong with doping really. If they just let everyone do it the playing field would be even. Baseball hasn't been as good as it was in the 90s where everyone was doping.

Kick rules out of football.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

GutBomb posted:

If you're training to hard inflammation occurs then I don't really see what's wrong with treating it.

I don't even see what's wrong with doping really. If they just let everyone do it the playing field would be even. Baseball hasn't been as good as it was in the 90s where everyone was doping.

I know Americans are terminally retarded about doping but you should probably investigate what happens to people who dope heavily for a long time and how different people have different boosts from doping.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Dirk Kuyt is a great man who is incapable of evil or malice. The Fancy Bears should find a worthier target.