Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
:agreed: m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Dislike button posted:

I bet that tastes real bad

doesn't matter in russia

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Chris Knight posted:

x-post: chicago is cool

clicky for yuge

here is a shot of the cowboy texas '15

what bar this

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

you'd think that russians would be ultra hardened with alcohol given the industrial cleaner poo poo they drink, but all the russians i know are also somehow the first to get completely shitfaced at any gathering

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I am drinking a red racer pilsner while grillin' :burger: and it is very not great

the black cherry okanagan was not bad but tasted more like a Canada Cooler than a cider

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Kenny Logins posted:

I am drinking a red racer pilsner while grillin' :burger: and it is very not great

the black cherry okanagan was not bad but tasted more like a Canada Cooler than a cider

dude the red racer stuff is cheap piss water. get yourself some four winds saison

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

last night i was drinking saison while i was grilling some homemade chili burgers and it was beautiful

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qhat posted:

dude the red racer stuff is cheap piss water. get yourself some four winds saison
inclined to agree. I have some local Biere de garde I'm going to switch to instead

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

drink status: im in singapore and there are alcohol shops everywhere but it's all so expensive

i considered getting some scotch in the duty free shops but its mostly weird bottlings found nowhere else that have funny marketing names instead of <distillery X year>. I assume these are failed experiments that are unloaded on duty free shops because why not.

i need to get back home to craft beer at decent prices and regular nice scotch stash:

yo how is the price point / taste of oban 18, i'm a big fan of the 14

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
saison is only good if it's been aged in oak or old wine barrels so it's nice and tart, regular saison is bleh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

farmhouse beers are gross

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wouldn't drive beer from a farm either

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i basically drink the same thing every time
i drink because i am a mature adult not a childe still experimenting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

*plugging face with mozza sticks*
i basically eat the same thing every time
i eat because i am a mature adult not a childe still experimenting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that said I've been drinking the same brand of bourbon almost every day for the past month or so

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a proper saison made with a dupont yeast strain fermented at higher temperatures is amazingly good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

this Belgian saison I drank was not great. not bad but not great. wouldn't buy again but I'll get through the 6 pack just fine

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

what bar this

clark street ale house

next door to chicago computer supply too :science:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
seriously though go find a foedre/oak or wine barrel aged saison, they are usually excellent, crisp tart and refreshing.

to be fair i'm biased because i hate most belgian styles of beer/yeast, cloves and bananas no thank you. the open/spontaneous fermentation stuff is great though.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

echinopsis posted:

i drink because i am an alcoholic

ftfy

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i had some saison and it was p good but seemed hard to get drunk on. maybe i need a session saison

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qhat posted:

you'd think that russians would be ultra hardened with alcohol given the industrial cleaner poo poo they drink, but all the russians i know are also somehow the first to get completely shitfaced at any gathering

It's because they're already a few in when they show up.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i didn't anything last and didn't have a grand mal seizure so who's the alcoholic now

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

echinopsis posted:

i didn't anything last and didn't have a grand mal seizure so who's the alcoholic now

you

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

:getout: with this poo poo, tia

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i am going to a festival and i need to stock up on lots of cheap piss beer. its gonna be fuckin annoying to carry tho

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i could get liquor but thats just not as fun to drink. esp in the AM lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i could get liquor but thats just not as fun to drink. esp in the AM lol

Bong up a doober.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah plus you'll get written off accidentally

get a slab of cans and you'll be mint

he who smelt it dealt it

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Bong up a doober.

im done smoking weed mate, its a bit boring for me and i fall asleep which isnt gr8

i prefer the sauce these days

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no mate now is the time to discover dmt and or meth

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

nah mate i think ill pass on that one

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i reckon retirement would be the time to get into methamphetamine

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

noo retirement communities are bad for std transmission methed up olds would be a health crisis, just fade out with prescription opiates like god intended

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i think yuoure forgetting about a little thing called yolo

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qhat posted:

p. sure built-up tolerance is mostly made up (up to a rather severe point), people are just more or less used to the effects of being drunk without the physical effects differing (i.e. you are just as motor function impaired but because you are more used to being motor function impaired you don't really notice)

in fact i also suspect that people going on about how they can't drink anymore in their middle age because they get such terrible hangovers have just gotten too comfortable for a bit of a headache. i.e. when they were teenagers and first got to drink tolerated it out of the novelty, and as long as they kept up some kind of party lifestyle feeling like poo poo on occasion remained a thing which had a shimmer of normalcy to it

at the very least the mechanism behind such a change is unclear to my (no doubt incorrect) knowledge, since the popular idea of the liver getting less efficient would give you lesser hangovers (spreading the breaking down of the alcohol, and the nasty byproducts thereof, over a longer span of time)

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 15, 2017

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i think yuoure forgetting about a little thing called yolo

yodo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
my experience drinking with a variety of eastern europeans is that they or may not have a prodigious alcohol tolerance, but they know their own abilities and when to slow down, eat some food, switch to water for a couple drinks or whatever

they go hard but it's a marathon, not a sprint

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

p. sure built-up tolerance is mostly made up (up to a rather severe point), people are just more or less used to the effects of being drunk without the physical effects differing (i.e. you are just as motor function impaired but because you are more used to being motor function impaired you don't really notice)

in fact i also suspect that people going on about how they can't drink anymore in their middle age because they get such terrible hangovers have just gotten too comfortable for a bit of a headache. i.e. when they were teenagers and first got to drink tolerated it out of the novelty, and as long as they kept up some kind of party lifestyle feeling like poo poo on occasion remained a thing which had a shimmer of normalcy to it

at the very least the mechanism behind such a change is unclear to my (no doubt incorrect) knowledge, since the popular idea of the liver getting less efficient would give you lesser hangovers (spreading the breaking down of the alcohol, and the nasty byproducts thereof, over a longer span of time)

also i know for a fact that my hangovers are significantly easier to deal with when i'm more used to drinking on the reg, like when you're travelling etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Captain Foo posted:

yo how is the price point / taste of oban 18, i'm a big fan of the 14

i got some for $115, and found the taste enjoyable. a bit pricy but so is regular oban.