Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's solid but good doons and repentences are somewhat pricey and don't do a whole lot til you get your astramentis and other strength gear. That and he goes way out of his way for jewels and cast speed (life + relevant damage jewels cost a fortune, you'll be lucky to get life and 1 damage for under 15c).

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the questionable one for me is the 4 point jewel past the life brick which seems a bit silly even with the 3 minor strength nodes. i would probably trade that for the alchemist wheel or something

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

It's solid but good doons and repentences are somewhat pricey and don't do a whole lot til you get your astramentis and other strength gear. That and he goes way out of his way for jewels and cast speed (life + relevant damage jewels cost a fortune, you'll be lucky to get life and 1 damage for under 15c).

I got an 18% cast speed 67 strength Doons for 8c today.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What does the smoke cloud on Stibnite flasks do?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Blinds enemies, dropping their chance to hit by 50%

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What does the smoke cloud on Stibnite flasks do?

Blinds anyone caught in it, halving their accuracy. Makes them much easier to evade and much less likely to crit.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

I for one simply found a 7% life 8% cast speed with staves 10% crit multi jewel while leveling in a10 so I'm now locked into Pledge DP forever (kinda would have liked to try others but oh well).

I also have a nice 570 armor 6-link chest that I also found early on and don't want to give up because I'm still poor as gently caress, but there's no loving way I'm getting the right colors on it and you don't want to link your main skill outside Pledge anyway, so now it's just kinda sitting there sadly being a glorified bowl of CWDT effects. I'm pretty sure a 4L Belly or Cherubim would do more for me, but I'm attached to this drat thing now. Plus, I don't want to sell it since what if I decide to do a melee build later.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

You spent 200 chaos on a weapon that's worse than Piscator's Vigil for most use cases.

Most use cases....? It's kinda hard to make those statements with Path of Building now a days. Piscators is 30% less damage than that wand. However, I of course am not built around piscators, which you want to scale auras and as much flat elemental as possible. But even if I empower wrath and anger, still 18% less damage. Also I spent 200 chaos on a weapon thats worth 10exalt. If you could find a kb/barrage build on the forum that gets more damage from piscators then a rare, I'd be really interested to see it.

edit: I should clarify Piscators is a great starter weapon for 1 chaos, but even a wand with simply high lightning damage, attack speed, and crit chance, has been proven time and time again, to out dps piscators with just about any tree.

10bux fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 15, 2017

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Is the guild still full up? If not please add ProblematicBae

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
A few pages back I saw someone mention poeapp.com for trading. How does that site work compared to poetrade? I asked someone that had a post on poeapp and they were looking to buy, not sell. I'm so confused.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I never got an invite to either guild :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fixit posted:

A few pages back I saw someone mention poeapp.com for trading. How does that site work compared to poetrade? I asked someone that had a post on poeapp and they were looking to buy, not sell. I'm so confused.

Works the same as poe.trade. A bit faster, supports more mods, doesn't support forums thread indexing, allows easy item import into Path of Building.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Works the same as poe.trade. A bit faster, supports more mods, doesn't support forums thread indexing, allows easy item import into Path of Building.

I must be encountering a bot then. There is a Baron helmet on poeapp for 1 alch. Every time I whisper an interest I get a message back they want to buy a Baron helmet.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I've been playing a bit since the release are of 3.0 and I've got a RF zerker to 83 and he does decent clearing so far up to maps 10. Looking to give something else a go now. What's a decent build to try for boss killing as opposed to straight map clear speed?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is a question, how do you decide when your current character is ready for Uber atziri or shaper? what are the benchmarks or what content can you throw yourself at to feel like "ok I'm ready and frankly overgeared for it" I don't know how hard they hit with basic unavoidable attacks or if they crit so I don't know how much life is necessary to not get immediately one shot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Zotix posted:

So I've been playing a bit since the release are of 3.0 and I've got a RF zerker to 83 and he does decent clearing so far up to maps 10. Looking to give something else a go now. What's a decent build to try for boss killing as opposed to straight map clear speed?

Anything that converts physical to elemental seems to do very well at boss killing because of the conversion.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fixit posted:

I must be encountering a bot then. There is a Baron helmet on poeapp for 1 alch. Every time I whisper an interest I get a message back they want to buy a Baron helmet.

Sounds like some fuckery, yeah.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
Anyone know a reliable master crafter for cata 8?

damnfan fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 15, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I keep getting one shot by uber lab izaro. I have almost 7k health (ancestral warchief berserker). What am I doing wrong, other than "getting hit"?

Do I just need to get good?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KoldPT/characters

It's the level 82 berserker.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

KoldPT posted:

I keep getting one shot by uber lab izaro. I have almost 7k health (ancestral warchief berserker). What am I doing wrong, other than "getting hit"?

are you doing full keys? if so, and depending on today's mechanics, yes he can hit for well over 10k a hit

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KoldPT posted:

Get a basalt flask and keep your fortify up. If you're just trying to finish be sure to kill all the essences and don't let the conduits stay up, they massively increase his damage. Also don't get hit by the leap slam, windup slash, or the goddess' mortars.

Most of Uber Izaro's big windup moves do 4-5k phys damage without any help. Conduits are 30% extra elemental damage on top of that, each. Essences 60%. Conduits also give him 30% chance to inflict the relevant ailment, which can mean the next hits deal 50% more damage in the case of shock.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 15, 2017

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I decided to take the first decent thread in Games today with a game I hadn't played yet and give it a shot. So congrats, OP.

Problem is I guess I picked the worst possible time to try to get in a goon guild and I have no idea what I am doing in this game other than it's very diablolic.

I did about 3 minutes of research (googled "poe berserker starter build ") and found this build that claims to be "budget and starter friendly". I definitely want to be a muscle wizard because why wouldn't you do this if you could?

Here is where I'm at. The guide said to spend some chaos on life twigs and gold rims which was like what so I ignored that and put sunder and life gain on a rat bat and that's basically my entire plan. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything uncharacteristically stupid before I invest too much more into this guy. Not sure how to kill bosses efficiently either.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Araganzar posted:

I decided to take the first decent thread in Games today with a game I hadn't played yet and give it a shot. So congrats, OP.

Problem is I guess I picked the worst possible time to try to get in a goon guild and I have no idea what I am doing in this game other than it's very diablolic.

I did about 3 minutes of research (googled "poe berserker starter build ") and found this build that claims to be "budget and starter friendly". I definitely want to be a muscle wizard because why wouldn't you do this if you could?

Here is where I'm at. The guide said to spend some chaos on life twigs and gold rims which was like what so I ignored that and put sunder and life gain on a rat bat and that's basically my entire plan. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything uncharacteristically stupid before I invest too much more into this guy. Not sure how to kill bosses efficiently either.

Your profile is private. They default to that due to some old scandal.

Dark Pact is very good and strong.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So I finally reached the postgame for the first time ever. Am I supposed to immediately kick out one of my masters to fit in Zana? Unfortunately my highest level Master is still only at 6 so I can only fit 4 people in.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with how often this game disconnects me on area transition though. Maybe I should take a break until they fix their servers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Disconnects on area transition are most likely a problem on your end.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I finally reached the postgame for the first time ever. Am I supposed to immediately kick out one of my masters to fit in Zana? Unfortunately my highest level Master is still only at 6 so I can only fit 4 people in.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with how often this game disconnects me on area transition though. Maybe I should take a break until they fix their servers.

Yep, Zana's more important than those other jerks.

Disconnects during loads are a fact of life but maybe try a different server.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Disconnects on area transition are most likely a problem on your end.

I've seen faaaar too many people complaining about them for it to just be on my end. But maybe I'll try a different gateway, even if it's gonna raise my ping by a LOT.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
There is a super secret way to get into the goon guild. Maybe if you morons read the op you will figure it out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've seen faaaar too many people complaining about them for it to just be on my end. But maybe I'll try a different gateway, even if it's gonna raise my ping by a LOT.
I don't think I've had more than a couple ever happen to me, and no one in the guild I'm in seemingly complains about it either. Maybe we all are just extremely lucky, which seems far less likely than people with computer problems.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I don't think I've had more than a couple ever happen to me, and no one in the guild I'm in seemingly complains about it either. Maybe we all are just extremely lucky, which seems far less likely than people with computer problems.

I switched to a US server and it seems to have settled down CONSIDERABLY. There may be some issues with the BR Gateway right now, possibly?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

I switched to a US server and it seems to have settled down CONSIDERABLY. There may be some issues with the BR Gateway right now, possibly?

Yeah some of the gateways have issues, for instance the bug still exists that you can't exit to character screen if you're on the London gateway. I get a better experience going to Frankfurt despite living in london.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Specific gateway issues sure are a possibility. Luckily there's like half a dozen to choose from in Europe when connection starts spiking.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I've had three crashes so far of which two were on area transitions. Please add this anecdotal evidence to your findings.

I had something interesting happen last night. I'm coming up on the end of my build and finally grabbed Mind over Matter. The next map I did was Arid Lake and I have negative chaos resistance (like -12%, no chaos res flask at the time) and Vaal Pact so I'm dependent on doing damage to survive. i found out the hard way what the drawback of MoM is*. :( To salt the wounds it was the map where the shaper popped in halfway through the fight to make the boss go Super Saiyan.

*The Arid Lake boss has a chaos DOT aura that kept my Mana at 0 so I couldn't spam damage to heal up and since I didn't have any resistance my mana drained very fast when I used a mana flask. Were I a wiser man I would have seen this coming.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Araganzar posted:

If you're following a tried and true passive tree from that build guide then there's no way to gently caress your character up in a way that goons can't easily repair for you by giving you gear. E.g. if you get in to the guild (which you should be able to if you talk to one of the officers on the discord or post your character name here where Rodent will see it) you'll be able to get a lifesprig just by asking and more than likely someone's spare goldrim. For bosses, if you've got sunder as your main skill: Get heavy strike, static strike, or molten strike (whichever you prefer) from the gem vendor, slot those with whatever damage boost supports you can, and go to town on any boss who doesn't have a bunch of mooks directly adjacent (in which case sunder will generally be better).

It's also fine to play sunder until you get Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact, which are the two key ingredients to Dark Pacting it up. You can also just roll like 4 health flasks with increased recovery speed to deal with the health cost if you switch to DP early. Dark Pact will be good enough against bosses that you shouldn't need a single target skill, though you can supplement it with Essence Drain and Wither + Spell Totem, which are both fire and forget every 10 seconds or so.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 15, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Carrion Bloom
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
17% increased Critical Strike Chance with One Handed Melee Weapons
+10 to Strength and Dexterity
7% increased Poison Duration
4% chance to Poison on Hit
+16% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Note: ~b/o 25 chaos

Is 25 chaos a good price for this?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Raged posted:

There is a super secret way to get into the goon guild. Maybe if you morons read the op you will figure it out.

I hope it is PM'ing Skyl3lazer because I really don't want to use IRC :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Raged posted:

That normally works but at this point it looks like we're out of people to kick short of kicking them the moment they log off.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

KoldPT posted:

Is 25 chaos a good price for this?

Not really. You're looking for 3+ complementary damage mods or %life and neither the poison nor the str/dex fit the bill.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 15, 2017

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

George posted:

Here's the build I followed for Legacy and holy loving poo poo did it rule. Getting the Atziri gloves was a minor pain, but it might be worse if people haven't come to their senses about the Vaal Pact nerf yet. I got it to like 1.3mil dps and it was the first character I ever mapped with. It's a really active thread with a really helpful OP who's been helping tweak other people's variants and poo poo. Do it!
Massive bit of thread necromancy here, but thanks. That's the build I'm following as well and it's going well so far, though I've only just started mapping and have like 17 chaos to my name so Acuity may have to wait a bit.

One thing I noticed - you're seriously low on life if you follow his suggested levelling path. I did Act 10 with less than 3k hp which was, uh, exciting, especially since flicker strike means basically giving up on controlling your positioning, heh. Up to 4.2k life now and early maps feel fine, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The new Zana quest is great, it was so awful if you were on a bad streak and she just never showed up.