Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
The dock scratching is likely overstated but a protector isn't a bad idea at all. Why not? It might be due to people docking it roughly in a hurry. It might be due to warping of heat (no confirmation whatsoever on this) and it might be due to people bending the dock inwards when they bring it to places as they travel since they want to rig it up to more TVs than one. You likely won't experience it, but if you do, it is usually on the side of the screen in the black area outside the viewable area , not like anywhere that it would be in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Plus the screen protector really makes the colors POP!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I got a screen protector that filters all of the colors to the original Game Boy palette.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Scholtz posted:

I got a screen protector that filters all of the colors to the original Game Boy palette.

:great:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Chemical Zone boss is a fuckin' thing. Holy poo poo, Sonic Mania is awesome as gently caress.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Chemical Zone boss is a fuckin' thing. Holy poo poo, Sonic Mania is awesome as gently caress.

Somehow, I ended up dying to it when I won the fight, so be warned about that bug.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Not only did they get the blue spheres levels from S3, they grabbed ones from the Sonic 1 & Knuckles combo :allears:

e: And the secondary sound for the green slime in Chemical Plant 2 is the electrified ground sound from Wacky Workbench :allears:

This is going to be 12 straight levels of nostalgia trip, isn't it

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 15, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Turtlicious posted:

If I love anime [...] will I like Disgaea?
Yes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I loaded €20 on earlier so I just bought it through the web interface. I need to sleep so hopefully it's downloading.
It wasn't. :smith:

I checked when I got up this morning and it started downloading automatically then.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

There is a classic Sonic game on the Switch and no way to play any classic Mario game at all.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mario x Rabbids will be an instant classic, no doubt.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

What's the Blaster Master Zero co-op mode like?

A thing that emulators have had for the last 20 years?

Not in any of the emulators i've ever used. At least with the switch it feels like i'm holding a game gear again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Not in any of the emulators i've ever used. At least with the switch it feels like i'm holding a game gear again.

Playing Sonic Mania on the Switch is making question what would have happened if the Game Gear was good. Because god drat I'm getting flashbacks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has Sonic always only curled up by pressing down, with diagonal down not doing the trick?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Playing Sonic Mania on the Switch is making question what would have happened if the Game Gear was good. Because god drat I'm getting flashbacks.

I love my dead gay handheld.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Has Sonic always only curled up by pressing down, with diagonal down not doing the trick?

The only 2D Sonic games I've played were Advanced but in those game just pushing down made Sonic crouch. If you're trying to spindash, I think you have to push down and A.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think they might have changed it for this game so that you don't accidentally go in to spinball when you hit a diagonal.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Hey cool Rayman Legends on Switch another game I bought on Steam for $4 like two years ago.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I loved Rayman Legends. The global time trials were a blast.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagined posted:

Hey cool Rayman Legends on Switch another game I bought on Steam for $4 like two years ago.

Do you just compulsively buy every game released?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Do you just compulsively buy every game released?

It's Steam. So yes.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I learned my lesson when I bought Rag Doll Kung Fu.

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
I really liked the puyo Tetris thing boss fight in Sonic. Bit of a nice surprise.

Also this game has shown me how awful I am at Sonic games.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scholtz posted:

I learned my lesson when I bought Rag Doll Kung Fu.

PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That'd have needed an alternative reality where mobile technology was twenty years further along then it was in 1990.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Healbot posted:

That'd have needed an alternative reality where mobile technology was twenty years further along then it was in 1990.

I meant it more toward if Sega continued with its handheld production and didn't die in the 90's.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

is Sonic worth unboxing my switch and dropping 20 dollars on or should i just play sonic 3

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

is Sonic worth unboxing my switch and dropping 20 dollars on or should i just play sonic 3
yes and also your switch shouldnt be in a box

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

uh if he opens the box the value will go down, DUH

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

We found one of those mythical Scalpers.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

yes and also your switch shouldnt be in a box

im moving house soon and it has no games

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Does Sonic Mania run just as well on the Switch? Not that it matters since it seems to be the only system its getting released for that is portable.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

less than three posted:

Sonic Mania out for NA.

My God.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's real good

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Imagined posted:

Liar because I've watched Rayman Legends sit in my steam wishlist for years and it has never gone below $7

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Does Sonic Mania run just as well on the Switch? Not that it matters since it seems to be the only system its getting released for that is portable.

Yes, full 60FPS.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Frankston posted:

Yes, full 60FPS.

Looks like a Nintendo system finally got Blast Processing :smug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendoes

what

Segadont

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Nintendoes

what

Segadont
Still make consoles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Looks like a Nintendo system finally got Blast Processing :smug:

Finally, a reason to upgrade from my sega nomad!!!

• Locked thread